Looking for Bio/Elec

Ashesxvx

So, I've browsed through some options and tried to create my own but I'm missing something here. The divided nature of Bio-armor is throwing me off. Does anyone have an example of a good Bio-Armor / Electric Melee tanker build? Price is no concern. Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later
On 7/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, Ashesxvx said:

So, I've browsed through some options and tried to create my own but I'm missing something here. The divided nature of Bio-armor is throwing me off. Does anyone have an example of a good Bio-Armor / Electric Melee tanker build? Price is no concern. Thanks in advance.

Bio Armor took me a while to figure out myself as I main an Invul tank. Bio armor is far more active using the click powers and a far more layered approach to survival.

Even slotted out fairly expensively on a tank I do not reach the defense soft cap for S/L though the resist is  90% (Keep in mind with Bio the more enemies the More S/L resist you get). Conversely you will get decent defense to other damage types (except for Psi) but, somewhat anemic resistances to those types. I mention this as it is easier to build the defenses and resistances already offered by the set, and adding tough and weave.

Bio plugs the defense/resist holes with regen, healing and absorb. You want to slot up Ablative Carapace for heal absorb and recharge and keep it up as much as possible.

To that end slot I slotted for global recharge and regeneration. Getting the Accolades for +HP helps as well. In general you will want to have good recharge to have Ablative and Parasitic Aura up as often as possible. (That said, I found that trying to reach perma Hasten required too many sacrifices elsewhere I was unwilling to make.)

The Absolute biggest difference I discovered with Bio Armour from other armor sets I have played is that the set works best by being proactive as opposed to reactive. Hit DNA Siphon before you Really need it and use it to debuff as well. Start Parasitic Aura before jumping into 20 mobs and keep up Ablative as much as you can. Choose your Adaptations wisely. Offensive does give a nice DPS boost but drops your resistances but be sure to factor in offensive you are not, of course, getting the boost from defenses from defensive stance (around 5% on my tank). I know this seem obvious but is easy to forget.

Though I have little experience with Electric Melee (aside from a 30ish  scrapper) I have posted my Bio/Spines build here on the forums. While SPines is not Electric Melee is may be helpful for Bio slotting.

Hope that helps.