Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

Is there any way to adjust the level of an Enhancement to 50+5, or to indicate that a set is Attuned?

Right click the enhancement, then while hovering your mouse over the enhancement press the + key on your keyboard five times.

I'm having trouble with Settings not sticking through close and load of the program.  This was happening in v2.22 as well.

In particular, the following settings randomly change from how I set them:

Use alternate colors for inherents

Middle click repeats last enhancement

Use Arcanatime for animation times

Suppression (effects are suppressed based on conditions):  Attacked

Edit:  No amount of editing I have tried gets the Superior Might of the Tanker proc to yield the appropriate 6.7% Resist All when I toggle it on.  The default is currently 6.41%

The settings not sticking is a known bug.

We should really sticky this and retire the other threads.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

This may win the daft question of the day award.

Is there a way to toggle "respec mode" in Pine's so slots can be placed and moved willy-nilly without regard for level, as if you were respec'ing in the game? Turning off "slot levels" does not help as it just turns off the display of slot levels, not placement rules.

It's driving me up the wall.

As far as I'm aware the current version doesn't support that.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

This may win the daft question of the day award.

Is there a way to toggle "respec mode" in Pine's so slots can be placed and moved willy-nilly without regard for level, as if you were respec'ing in the game? Turning off "slot levels" does not help as it just turns off the display of slot levels, not placement rules.

It's driving me up the wall.

You can toggle between Level Up and Dynamic in the upper left (just beside the Name box). Dynamic lets you place slots as you wish, though it does still factor in slot level so you can't 6-slot the power you picked at level 49.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

When loading this profile:

Unable to read data - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Nestis_-_Mastermind_Demon_Summoning.mxd

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Ah.... "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", the BANE of my existence as a programmer.

I'm out.

Ah.... "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", the BANE of my existence as a programmer.

Sir Richard Hoare was aptly named. He gave us NullReferenceExceptions. (Aka Sir Tony Hoare). It is the bane of pretty much all applications.

If an issue we found isn't on the github issues tracker, should we add it or do you prefer to keep that to contributors?  Illusion Control - Spectral Terror currently won't accept ToHit Debuff IO recipes, though it will take generic IOs.  It definitely allows for Dark Watcher's Despair to be slotted there on Homecoming Live. If it's better for me to add it, i'm happy to do so!

Thanks again.

If an issue we found isn't on the github issues tracker, should we add it or do you prefer to keep that to contributors?  Illusion Control - Spectral Terror currently won't accept ToHit Debuff IO recipes, though it will take generic IOs.  It definitely allows for Dark Watcher's Despair to be slotted there on Homecoming Live. If it's better for me to add it, i'm happy to do so!

Thanks again.

Feel free.

Seems to be a strange issue with caculated flight speed in the newest version.  When I start the program, flight speed is highly Inflated (was seeing upwards of 45 MPH for unslotted Hover on a blank slate build).  Only when I switched from MPH to Feet/Sec, and then back again, did it start displaying the correct value.

By no means is this an important thing, but thought I'd drop a line.  Otherwise the new Hero Designer is absolutely fantastic; thanks for all of your great work.

There's a bug on MMs where loading a saved build clears all pet selections.

Just wanted to chime in and state that I'm seeing this issue as well. Created a brand new Necromancy/Thermal MM, made all power selections and slotted enhancements, and saved the build to the default location. When I reload the build, the pet powers (Zombie Horde, Grave Knight, and Lich) and the associated enhancements have been cleared from the build. Only the empty enhancement slots remain at the power levels where the pet powers had previously been located. Interestingly, Soul Extraction remains and is apparently not affected by this bug; only the three previously mentioned, "regular" pet powers disappeared. I'm using the most recently posted version of the Hero Designer with the custom installer.

So I finally switched over to Mids Reborn due to paranoia about wacky results in version clases from Pines saved builds to Reborn.  But overall it has been a wonderful and painless transition except for this one quirk so far.

Five out of Six of my simple builds seem fine (so far).  But I had to remake my War mace/Willpower scrapper WiP because it decided Bash=Fulcrum Shift.

So I started fresh with a new scrapper file. Filled in my WiP which hadn't even started considering sets, let alone all slots.  And checked my other files.

Load up the brand new do-over scrapper.  Bash is replaced with Fulcrum Shift, again. "Maybe I didn't start fresh like I thought, and was editing a 'corrupted' file?"

Make new, set it to defender, quit Mids reborn. Start mids reborn. Make another quick "select powers" War Mace/WP scrapper. Save. Open another file. Load Test scrapper.

Bash replaced with fulcrum shift.  So, clean slate confirmed but this odd problem is still happening to me.  (Though it would be hilarious if I really could get fulcrum shift at level one on scrapper war mace)

Tracking at

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/31

Just a note, I'd checked the version build before posting earlier and it matched what was posted. Re-Downloading from the link reveals an updated version for some reason even though the app's listed version (in-app) is the same for both. The new files having fixed the issue.

So I finally switched over to Mids Reborn due to paranoia about wacky results in version clases from Pines saved builds to Reborn.  But overall it has been a wonderful and painless transition except for this one quirk so far.

Five out of Six of my simple builds seem fine (so far).  But I had to remake my War mace/Willpower scrapper WiP because it decided Bash=Fulcrum Shift.

So I started fresh with a new scrapper file. Filled in my WiP which hadn't even started considering sets, let alone all slots.  And checked my other files.

Load up the brand new do-over scrapper.  Bash is replaced with Fulcrum Shift, again. "Maybe I didn't start fresh like I thought, and was editing a 'corrupted' file?"

Make new, set it to defender, quit Mids reborn. Start mids reborn. Make another quick "select powers" War Mace/WP scrapper. Save. Open another file. Load Test scrapper.

Bash replaced with fulcrum shift.  So, clean slate confirmed but this odd problem is still happening to me.  (Though it would be hilarious if I really could get fulcrum shift at level one on scrapper war mace)

Can you share your build? I can't seem to replicate this issue.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Can you share your build? I can't seem to replicate this issue.

Attached the quick fresh scrapper (It's happened with all attempts at a war mace scrapper thus far).

As well as a screencap of the result.

https://i.imgur.com/ZBb7fgK.jpg

For clarity, everything seems fine until I load the saved build. Simply trying to make a Mace/WP scrapper in the first place will look like everything is working right.

I'm hoping it is simply a case of "The most recent pin link in the discord to install Reborn, is not the most recent build" or similar.  It's a fresh download and install as of this afternoon. (I had a reborn install some days ago since deleted in favor of sticking with Pines a bit longer, this reborn install was also in a new target directory just to be sure on top. Out of paranoia against 'well it must be the fault of a prior version existing literally ever?' risks)

Bash_To_Fulcrum_check.mxd