Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

Also, I'm not exactly sure what's causing it, but I have a level 50 fully Incarnated Radiation Melee/Radiation Armor Brute in game.  I re-made the build from Pine's 2.21 to the new 2.6, and the resistance numbers are all off.  They're all about 6% lower than in-game.  I triple checked that all of the powers that should be on are on, I triple checked all of the accolades and that they're on, I triple checked all of the Incarnate powers, I triple checked all of the IOs...

So it is just the totals display? or an individual power or IO combination?

Using both the installer and binary versions of the newer Mids Reborn versions (2.6) I am unable to load or save ANY build and have been unable to associate mxd files upon loading the exe.

When attempting to load a build I get this error message:

d02abe71b90023f88d24db00c5b450d4.png

I had used Mids Reborn that was previously linked in the discord before without any issues as well as the ClickOnce install version of Pines.(2.23)

What OS?

Would it be possible to get a build that targets a lower version of .NET?  I'm trying to get this to run on Linux under wine and having no luck so far.  My best efforts have gotten me from crash messages to "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  I'm using HeroDesigner_Release_2.6_2019_07_18.zip

Seems like I'm close but no luck so far.  The game itself runs okay under wine but not having the character builder will make things quite difficult.  If it would be easy to build for a lower .NET target I'd like to try that.  I can't say for certain that it would do the trick though, so if it's hard then I understand if you don't want to.

Would it be possible to get a build that targets a lower version of .NET?  I'm trying to get this to run on Linux under wine and having no luck so far.  My best efforts have gotten me from crash messages to "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."  I'm using HeroDesigner_Release_2.6_2019_07_18.zip

Seems like I'm close but no luck so far.  The game itself runs okay under wine but not having the character builder will make things quite difficult.  If it would be easy to build for a lower .NET target I'd like to try that.  I can't say for certain that it would do the trick though, so if it's hard then I understand if you don't want to.

I can check and see how far back it will compile

Released 2.6.0.1 (with a drop for possible mac compatibility). Hopefully all settings are saving now.

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/releases/tag/2.6.0.1

I greatly appreciate the effort to help us non-Windows users.  Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error with this release.  I guess at this point I'll have to hope that someone comes along who knows more about getting this type of thing to run properly under wine.

Database fix needed: all the Healing set IOs have the absorb portion set to single effect regardless of how many effects are on the IO.  Example: Doctored Wounds Heal/Endurance has the Heal and Endurance parts set to 2 effects, but the Absorb set to one effect.  That means Heal and Endurance show a 26.5% value, while absorb is 42.4%.

Released 2.6.0.1 (with a drop for possible mac compatibility). Hopefully all settings are saving now.

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/releases/tag/2.6.0.1

Thank you.  It fixed the saving of the Discord server, but it still does not save the changed default builds folder.  It goes right back to the default.

Also, it gave a 500 error when trying to export a build to Discord, and just hard crashed.  Hrm.

I greatly appreciate the effort to help us non-Windows users.  Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error with this release.  I guess at this point I'll have to hope that someone comes along who knows more about getting this type of thing to run properly under wine.

going back to 4.0 was relatively painless. let me see if I can go back further and have it still work. I really think 4.0 should have worked though.

Quick heads-up; When running the program for the first time, and it wants to associate build files with the program, it will fail unless you opened Mid's with admin privileges.

It fails for me even if ran as an admin, but that I don't mind.  Probably because I use Windows 8.1 Pro instead of Windows 10.

Quick heads-up; When running the program for the first time, and it wants to associate build files with the program, it will fail unless you opened Mid's with admin privileges.

It fails for me even if ran as an admin, but that I don't mind.  Probably because I use Windows 8.1 Pro instead of Windows 10.

Stupid question.  What's the path to the executable?

C:\?\?\?

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

That depends entirely on you. Where did you download or install it to?

.Net 2.0, 32bit, release mode binaries added  :o

For anyone that says it is running slow, see if this version is faster or slower.

I have it under C:\Mid's Reborn

Confirming the bug mentioned before and adding that when opening files I'd get something about it not liking the "Pool.Fitness at 6" (when I choose hasten). I've also noticed a difference in the files in the folder are different. See attached

Ok...no way to resize attachments?

Mids.thumb.jpg.cb37de7e759463a3177621db83ff6a4f.jpg

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Just tested this version and still getting my new errors.

Edit: Just tested the .Nets and same issues as expected.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Not having an effect on Win7 x64

Confirming the bug mentioned before and adding that when opening files I'd get something about it not liking the "Pool.Fitness at 6" (when I choose hasten). I've also noticed a difference in the files in the folder are different. See attached

Ok...no way to resize attachments?

Yes the new alert is there when a powerset fails to load. This is expected with the old style Fitness pool that was being, (and may still be) added on save. This is the non-inherit fitness pool that doesn't exist any more. Rather than let the build fail to load, or fail silently to do something, I thought it best to alert the name of something that failed in case it ever is important.

I seem to be having trouble. I used the top link from the first post and installed it. However, it still shows as v2.23 Updated 19/05/16. When I click Check for Updates, it says there are none. Is there a reason why it won't update me with v2.6? I think I'm up to 3 different versions of Mids/Pines/MidsReborn on my computer. I'd like to clean it up and just have one that gets updated.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Is there a way to change the popup information. For instance after slotting an invention enhancement that's part of a set. It shows what it need to craft it? I am looking for the set bonus's I have slotted in that power. For me crafting info is useless here.

It was easier to me, to see the entire set bonus list even when slotting 3/6. As when tweaking builds you could see the info at a glance. Is crafting costs/materials really top priority to have it displayed like this?

Just a suggestion, move crafting info/costs into a separate window/area? I understand costs and materials is part of the builds, not denying that. But this is trivial information in my opinion.

Hi there

Sorry to land like this in this thread, like a bomb on top of a minefield at page 12 but i just noticed it.

Just a word to say i keep working on keeping Mids' up-to-date - it works but it's not perfect. Enhancements sets is (rather) easy to add, Powersets as well (hum, forgot sentinel's beam rifle, hum), but i've hit severe limitations - like i had to put sentinel's ATO within the universal damage category, and i can't replicate the blockbuster set KB to KD effect for Sudden Acceleration.

Plus all the things in page 1 i'll have to propagate, oh dear.

At this point i'd rather start working on a new tool if you ask me...

Feel free to message me if you need extra info :P

Is there a way to change the popup information. For instance after slotting an invention enhancement that's part of a set. It shows what it need to craft it? I am looking for the set bonus's I have slotted in that power. For me crafting info is useless here.

It was easier to me, to see the entire set bonus list even when slotting 3/6. As when tweaking builds you could see the info at a glance. Is crafting costs/materials really top priority to have it displayed like this?

Just a suggestion, move crafting info/costs into a separate window/area? I understand costs and materials is part of the builds, not denying that. But this is trivial information in my opinion.

There's a recipes toggle at the top right.