Mid's Reborn: A Hero Designer (formerly Mids/Pines) and whatnot

48 minutes ago, crytilis said:

Adaptation is something that we are aware of. We do plan on addressing it at some point, but please be aware that it will most likely take some major changes in the code which wiill require time..... as Adaptation's form abilities mostly revolve around changing effects of other abilities depending on what power and if it is active or used.

I'm not really a programmer, but a thought occurred to me based on your word choice & I figured I'd bring it up; would it be easier to implement the effects as parts of the adaptation & then have them toggle on/off based on whether the other abilities are on?  In theory it would be simpler than having to change every power individually for each adaptation.  Of course this primarily applies to the passive self-effects of the toggles, but those were my primary concern so that's fine with me.  You may already be doing this, but I thought it was worth bringing up in case it hadn't been considered & might make things easier. 

5 hours ago, crytilis said:

Adaptation is something that we are aware of. We do plan on addressing it at some point, but please be aware that it will most likely take some major changes in the code which wiill require time..... as Adaptation's form abilities mostly revolve around changing effects of other abilities depending on what power and if it is active or used.

My suggestion would be to employ the lockout that you have with the stone armor set with granite armor turning off the other Stone armor armor toggles that way you would just tie it into the system so that toggling on one of the adaptations toggles off the effects of the others automatically and that would probably lessen the workload. After that is simply a matter of having the other powers look for which adaptation is toggled on.

Two suggestions, one bug:

(1) Can you please update the first post with links to the non-blind install directory?  The one you link goes to a dead page. I found a link that does work, if you can update the first post:

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/releases/

(2) I'm used to just deleting the Mid's folder when I want an uninstall. It might be helpful to add to your post that to uninstall the "blind install" version, you need to go use the Windows Uninstall function. And/or add an uninstall shortcut in the startup folder that gets created.

Bug 1: Custom directory and "Load last file at startup" configuration options are not persisting.

version: HeroDesigner_Release_2.6.0.1_2019.07.21.00.zip

Steps to recreate: Open Pine's.  Navigate to: Options > Configuration > Update & Paths.  Change the default Save Folder and uncheck "Load last file at startup".  Close and Restart Pines.  Go back and see if your changes are still there.  You will see they reset to the default location.

Edited by LaconicLemur
updated with bug

13 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

Bug 1: Custom directory and "Load last file at startup" configuration options are not persisting.

version: HeroDesigner_Release_2.6.0.1_2019.07.21.00.zip

Steps to recreate: Open Pine's.  Navigate to: Options > Configuration > Update & Paths.  Change the default Save Folder and uncheck "Load last file at startup".  Close and Restart Pines.  Go back and see if your changes are still there.  You will see they reset to the default location.

This 'bug' seems to be consistent this whole time as I'm constantly having to make the settings changes. If I knew the file that it's pointing to, then I'd save that before wiping the dir.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

The only thing I can see so far that needs to be fixed is the ability to slot Unrelenting Fury and Superior Unrelenting Fury in seperate powers on the same build. I cannot do this in game. In the builder I can 6 slot Unrelenting Fury in Ripper and still 6 slot Superior Unrelenting Fury in Blazing Aura but of course in game I have to choose between one set only.

That's because they're the "same set" ... it's just that one version is "boosted" relative to the other.  Pine makes the "mistake" of classifying them as being "different sets" when they are in fact the same set.  However, that's not really a mistake, because as far as the set bonuses are concerned, they ARE "different sets" from each other ... hence why Pine codes them the way it does.  It's up to the Player to ... respect ... the distinction.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

That's because they're the "same set" ... it's just that one version is "boosted" relative to the other.  Pine makes the "mistake" of classifying them as being "different sets" when they are in fact the same set.  However, that's not really a mistake, because as far as the set bonuses are concerned, they ARE "different sets" from each other ... hence why Pine codes them the way it does.  It's up to the Player to ... respect ... the distinction.

The Hero Designer has support for making two different sets mutually exclusive though, hence why it won't let you use the regular and superior versions of many ATOs. So they just need to add those flags into the database for the rest of such sets.

• Like 1

I found another bug. Create a SR tank and load the first 4 powers and put some slots into them. Save the build.

Clear the build out of the planner and then open it back up. The first 4 powers will be replaced with Radiation Emission powers.

It doesn't seem to happen with scrappers and brutes.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, Maslow said:

Perhaps, if you can be more specific? What is it doing or not doing?

Thanks, Maslow. It's the same Unable to read data problem that a few others have faced. I have not been able to successfully load any builds into the designer.

14 hours ago, Sidious said:

Did the glitch with Rad Armor for Brutes not displaying Beta Decay not having the correct enhancements available or with Cold def/resist not displaying correctly ever get addressed?

not as far as I can tell.

Created an issue for it https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/56

I tried to fix it myself by using the db editor function to edit that power to add those enhancments, but it seems like the edits don't get saved, or something else as that doesn't make a difference, and also if I go back into the db editor I don't see the changes made earlier. 

The COH markets are a device for turning patience into influence.

So which designer and version should i be using to have the most up to date one? I have pines and mids reborn, pines is the version originally posted by the op in this thread. my Mid's reborn is version 2.53

Edited by DarschPugs
spelling

I know this is a problem with my pc, not the program, but I'm hoping someone can help.  When I click the setup to install, I get a message that Windows Defender has blocked the program as unsafe (Norton says it's safe).  I get a message "this app has been blocked for your protection" because of an unknown source.  We've tried everything we could find online to get around this but still can't install it.  If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

I get a message "this app has been blocked for your protection"

Turn off Smart Screen.

Search for it in Settings (WinKey+I), i'll open App and Browser Control, set Check Apps and Files to Off.

Yes I am "vulnerable", yes this is a "security" feature blah blah blah...
Basically all it does is crap testing program signature and try to match a "known" editor.

Hope this helps...

Installed today, removed the original Pines that was posted here.

I unzipped the archives and ran the installer, chose the directory of my choice. Loads fine. 

Whenever I actually do anything in the planner, it takes 3-5 seconds to update. For instance, changing from Blaster to scrapper. Clicking dynamic to go to level up. Chosing the first power. 15 seconds of waiting for that. Continues as I choose new powers and slots. 

Any idea what's up?

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

1 hour ago, cejmp said:

Installed today, removed the original Pines that was posted here.

I unzipped the archives and ran the installer, chose the directory of my choice. Loads fine. 

Whenever I actually do anything in the planner, it takes 3-5 seconds to update. For instance, changing from Blaster to scrapper. Clicking dynamic to go to level up. Chosing the first power. 15 seconds of waiting for that. Continues as I choose new powers and slots. 

Any idea what's up?

just curiuos does it do this after a fresh restart of your pc? Mine does this sometimes but typically fixes itself on a restart.

Just now, DarschPugs said:

just curiuos does it do this after a fresh restart of your pc? Mine does this sometimes but typically fixes itself on a restart.

I'll try it. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

3 hours ago, Zed said:

Turn off Smart Screen.

Search for it in Settings (WinKey+I), i'll open App and Browser Control, set Check Apps and Files to Off.

Yes I am "vulnerable", yes this is a "security" feature blah blah blah...
Basically all it does is crap testing program signature and try to match a "known" editor.

Hope this helps...

This is bizarre but when I set it to off, I get the pop up "do you want to allow this change" and I click yes, then the setting automatically goes back to block.  I'm about to throw the entire thing out the window.

16 minutes ago, Hamstrdam said:

This is bizarre but when I set it to off, I get the pop up "do you want to allow this change" and I click yes, then the setting automatically goes back to block.  I'm about to throw the entire thing out the window.

When you click install if you get the blue smartscreen window there should be a more info text button at the bottom which should extend the window and give you the option to run anyway.

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

15 minutes ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Just curious, is there a way the developer could update it so that the MM Protector Bot shields show up in the effects for the MM.    I can't get the defense that it provides to show up.

Please submit a request for it at Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer Bug Reports and Requests so we can get it on our radar 🙂 thanks

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.