Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

On 8/20/2020 at 6:08 AM, Murcielago said:

That's strong

I heard a rumor that there are also ways to make it pretty. 

Honestly though I still want a SS/Bio scrapper with Shadow Meld to handle the Rage crashes.  May as well swap Jab for the old Energy Transfer while we are at it.

Edited by HelenCarnate

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
13 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

image.png.f32b6e305599509dbd995ae59cdfc67b.png

Wouldn't that be a minor aoe choking (read: Laughing) affect followed by self-destruction of the user?

As for SS on Scrappers - with Energy Melee going to scraps it looks like wait for the Rage/SS revamp and you have  shot of getting it. The last Rage attempt at a change caused.... um... rage last time so expect that to happen a bit farther down the road.

Edited by Rejolt

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

• 3 weeks later

4mijjs.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Excelsior:

🎯 Nifty - Elec/Shield Stalker | Corporeal - Time/Fire Defender |💪 Sturdy - SS/Inv Tanker

💫 Humiliation - Fire/Fire Blaster |💚 Cinema - Fire/Kin Corruptor |💀 Heat Loss - Ice/Cold Corruptor

Torchbearer:

👊Nifty - MA/SR Scrapper

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

On 7/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, Without_Pause said:

Hulk is SS. Spider-Man is SJ. The end.

But that can't be true - Spider Man is effective.

In all seriousness, if Street Justice didn't suck, I wouldn't mind Super Strength being kept away from Scrappers nearly as much.

Also, if the Hulk is the base for qualifying for Super Strength, then almost nobody has Super Strength. Not even the Thing, or Colossus. The Hulk is pretty much the strongest being in all of comic books, unless there's a cross-over with Superman.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, TheMoncrief said:

In all seriousness, if Street Justice didn't suck, I wouldn't mind Super Strength being kept away from Scrappers nearly as much.

Also, if the Hulk is the base for qualifying for Super Strength, then almost nobody has Super Strength. Not even the Thing, or Colossus. The Hulk is pretty much the strongest being in all of comic books, unless there's a cross-over with Superman.

I feel like Hulk is more of a Brute than a Scrapper anyway

6 hours ago, BrandX said:

Spider-Man has gone far past the 10 tons lifting.  Though, that can be the writers being terrible at math.  Stopping a train for instance is way more than 10 tons. 😛  Or any heavy object and put some speed on it 😛

Spider-Man, like almost any hero in published comic books, is "strong enough to carry the plot." If he needs to be strong enough to throw cars around, he can. If he needs to find just lifting a car a little tough, then he'll be straining hard to lift it, even if it's the exact same car he was chucking across the street last issue. Telling the story has always been more important in comic books than maintaining perfectly consistent power levels for the heroes. No matter how much that infuriates a lot of comic book readers.

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

He's a blapper with a blaster set that has weird lateral and reverse knockback.

Superior Reflexes.  Spider-Sense.  Sounds like a Defense Set to me.  😛

Scrapper with a good Epic Set (Blast, Hold, Immobilize, AOE Hold, AOE Immobilize) 🙂

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

Nerf rage and buff some of the other powers to compensate. But please not just another boring BU power.

I came up with a non-Build Up Rage replacement for Scrappers in this thread that went on for four pages and no one had anything at all to say about it. 😕

Edited by Vanden

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

I came up with a non-Build Up Rage replacement for Scrappers in this thread that went on for four pages and no one had anything at all to say about it. 😕

Yeah? Well I suggested back in 2011 making Rage into a toggle for Scrappers and everyone just threw fruit at me. 😄

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yeah? Well I suggested back in 2011 making Rage into a toggle for Scrappers and everyone just threw fruit at me. 😄

Everyone's always suggesting making Rage a toggle, you were probably just boring them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 12/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, TheMoncrief said:

StJ can put up numbers. It certainly can for stalkers. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 12/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, BrandX said:

Spider-Man has gone far past the 10 tons lifting.  Though, that can be the writers being terrible at math.  Stopping a train for instance is way more than 10 tons. 😛  Or any heavy object and put some speed on it 😛

Spider Man was originally in the 10 ton strength class but is currently considered to be in the 25 ton strength class (as a result of Mephisto altering reality).