Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

Spider Man was originally in the 10 ton strength class but is currently considered to be in the 25 ton strength class (as a result of Mephisto altering reality).

And in the MCU, I believe the math has shown he's past 25tons.

Just now, BrandX said:

I know.  I was just stating Spider-Man's as well. 🙂

Gotcha!

And a thing to keep in mind MCUwise is Thanos beats Thor and the Hulk. So that Spiderman is able to make Thanos struggle means Spiderman is not much behind (if at all) Thor and the Hulk in MCU.

In the comics of course Thanos would not be someone Spiderman would really stand a chance against short of writer fiat. Of course there was that time when Cannonball defeated Gladiator....

• Haha 1

Just now, Erratic1 said:

Gotcha!

And a thing to keep in mind MCUwise is Thanos beats Thor and the Hulk. So that Spiderman is able to make Thanos struggle means Spiderman is not much behind (if at all) Thor and the Hulk in MCU.

In the comics of course Thanos would not be someone Spiderman would really stand a chance against short of writer fiat. Of course there was that time when Cannonball defeated Gladiator....

Well, I'm sure when it comes down to it "It looks cool!" is what they're going for.  Or one could call such instance of those extreme times of strength as being power stunts or spending that hero point.  😛

100 ton strength level, the writers are likely thinking, "Oh, well that weighs 50 tons" or some such and don't add in the other factors.

1 minute ago, BrandX said:

Well, I'm sure when it comes down to it "It looks cool!" is what they're going for.  Or one could call such instance of those extreme times of strength as being power stunts or spending that hero point.  😛

So you're saying Spiderman emptied his inspiration tray? 😁

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

As long as they're properly balanced, sure.  Although, I tend not to think of Scrappers has having SS.  Cage comes to mind, maybe- though I tend to put him in "Tank" category, b/c of his Titanium hard skin.  Spidey probably fits the archetype, as others have pointed out.  I know there are others that could theoretically fit the mold of a SS scrapper.

Really do need to be very careful about how rage interacts with Scrapper crits, though.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

You know, they don't actually have to nerf Rage in order to give Super Strength to Scrappers. Or at least not nerf it on Tanks.

They could just Scrappers a version of SS that has Build Up instead of Rage. Problem solved.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

You know, they don't actually have to nerf Rage in order to give Super Strength to Scrappers. Or at least not nerf it on Tanks.

They could just Scrappers a version of SS that has Build Up instead of Rage. Problem solved.

They nerfed crits for EM on scrappers and stalkers so why not?

37 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

*sigh* Yeah...

But hey! After they do that, they can go ahead and finally issue Energy Aura to Tankers!

Don't worry though, they'll find a way to nerf it so that it's not as good as it should be. Just like they did with EM on Scrappers and Stalkers.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Don't worry though, they'll find a way to nerf it so that it's not as good as it should be. Just like they did with EM on Scrappers and Stalkers.

And people wonder why I say AT balance is a joke and becoming more so with every change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

To be fair, they were buffed some (on both ATs) when scrappers got a chance at it compared to it only being on stalkers. ET having critical damage, even reduced, and a heal is much nicer than just not taking damage plus they un-nerfed the stun percentages. Conclusion: devs hate scrappers less than stalkers (as if Ninjitsu wasn't the most egregious example).

Edited by siolfir

19 hours ago, siolfir said:

To be fair, they were buffed some (on both ATs) when scrappers got a chance at it compared to it only being on stalkers. ET having critical damage, even reduced, and a heal is much nicer than just not taking damage plus they un-nerfed the stun percentages. Conclusion: devs hate scrappers less than stalkers (as if Ninjitsu wasn't the most egregious example).

*@$%&! a heal! I'd much rather just have the correct damage and critical chance on an EM Scrapper and Stalker.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

*@$%&! a heal! I'd much rather just have the correct damage and critical chance on an EM Scrapper and Stalker.

So would I, thus the part of the post saying "devs hate scrappers less than stalkers" instead of "devs love scrappers." 🤪