Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

On 5/21/2021 at 2:59 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

You know, they don't actually have to nerf Rage in order to give Super Strength to Scrappers. Or at least not nerf it on Tanks.

They could just Scrappers a version of SS that has Build Up instead of Rage. Problem solved.

SS would be pretty weak if a direct port with Build up instead of Rage.

Jab and Punch have some horrible DPA due to their low recharge.  Haymaker is too stellar either.

If you made Jab say 4 seconds, punch 8 seconds and Haymaker 12 seconds perhaps.  

Then you could switch to build up potentially.  It would look a lot more like Stone Melee.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/25/2021 at 5:25 PM, Haijinx said:

SS would be pretty weak if a direct port with Build up instead of Rage.

Jab and Punch have some horrible DPA due to their low recharge.  Haymaker is too stellar either.

If you made Jab say 4 seconds, punch 8 seconds and Haymaker 12 seconds perhaps.  

Then you could switch to build up potentially.  It would look a lot more like Stone Melee.

We should just do Stone Melee instead! That's what I really want but I assume SS will be first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Yeah.  I don't see why we can't have Stone Melee now.

12 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

We should just do Stone Melee instead! That's what I really want but I assume SS will be first.

Well, they look like they hinted at a stone blast set, so maybe they'll port stone melee over at the same time.

Alright, so Rage is the issue right?  It makes/breaks the set.  Can we just convert some portion of the bonus damage into a smashing Proc?

Like if Rage gives 80% damage now just cut it down to 50% or 40% and add in a 100% chance for Smashing Dmg Proc to all the SS powers equal to the missing amount of damage on each power.

It would stop the Crits from giving Scrappers an Assassin's Footstomp worth of damage but still give them a huge amount of damage.

If you wanted to be fancy you could make the proc damage unresistible or untyped or something so they have an edge on all the crazy amounts of smashing resist in the game.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 7/8/2019 at 6:23 AM, Murcielago said:

I only care about killing skulls with my critical rage fueled foot stomp.

Talk about overkill.  What level are foot stomp and rage available?  What level are you fighting skulls, like 1-12?  Dude go hunt kill in dark astoria.

• Sad 1

Fix Rage across the board so you can also port it to scrappers. Do the math so OVER TIME it's the same DMG/TO-HIT bonus as a buildup that last a minute. Get rid of the -DEF crap and drop the 10s of hanging out doing nothing. Maybe x% less due to activation time only being once a minute compared to 4x times a minute as with build-up. It's a simple solution and doesn't change how Rage works. Only the numbers behind the curtain.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 7/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, SomeGuy said:

Fix Rage across the board so you can also port it to scrappers. Do the math so OVER TIME it's the same DMG/TO-HIT bonus as a buildup that last a minute. Get rid of the -DEF crap and drop the 10s of hanging out doing nothing. Maybe x% less due to activation time only being once a minute compared to 4x times a minute as with build-up. It's a simple solution and doesn't change how Rage works. Only the numbers behind the curtain.

Or you could adjust the base damage of SS and turn Rage into a To Hit buff, or you could just give SS to scrappers with build up replacing Rage.  There are probably plenty of ways you could come at this.  I agree the crash sucks, and it has killed any interest in SS for me until it changes somehow.

On a slightly different note, it seems a shame that there are so many iconic scrappers in the comics who do have super strength and we have to make due with STJ (though thank goodness that option is there).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:12 AM, Deuce Spade said:

Or you could adjust the base damage of SS and turn Rage into a To Hit buff, or you could just give SS to scrappers with build up replacing Rage.  There are probably plenty of ways you could come at this.  I agree the crash sucks, and it has killed any interest in SS for me until it changes somehow.

On a slightly different note, it seems a shame that there are so many iconic scrappers in the comics who do have super strength and we have to make due with STJ (though thank goodness that option is there).

I just looked, and it seems rage is the same DMG and TOHIT boost for 60s that build up is for it's duration. So, bumping up base damage for the attacks in SS would still be on the board. And lowering Rage's buff would get rid of a lot of the issue with it massively boosting other pool attacks (looking at SS/FIRE/GL brutes).  SS/FIRE/GL brutes used to be THE most damaging recorded melee in the game. I did that myself. I can attest to it. The chain was/is just KO-GL-BURN repeat and roll back the opposite direction. You'd one attack from SS.

Numerically, it's a pretty simple fix.

Edited by SomeGuy

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 months later

I have this strange feeling that there are two things that I will never live to see:

1. Energy Aura on Tankers
  2. Super Strength on Scrappers

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

15 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Why? If they were properly balanced sets then no tweaks would be needed at all for either.

Which, at least in the case of Energy Aura, makes no sense. Completely ignoring Incarnate powers for a minute, what could an EA Tanker accomplish that a Shield or SR Tanker can't already do with IOs?

So what if an EA Tanker's defense with IOs will be higher than SR's with IOs? The enemies can only miss you, it's not like they'd "miss you harder than ever before", a miss is a miss.

And as for Super Strength Scrappers doing too much damage... Sorry, after the kind of damage output that I've seen soft-capped Fire/Fire/Fire Blasters put out no one is going to be able to convince me that a Super Strength Scrapper, or a proper crit chance on Scrapper EM, would be overpowered.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 minute ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Which, at least in the case of Energy Aura, makes no sense. Completely ignoring Incarnate powers for a minute, what could an EA Tanker accomplish that a Shield or SR Tanker can't already do with IOs?

Nuthin.

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

So what if an EA Tanker's defense with IOs will be higher than SR's with IOs? The enemies can only miss you, it's not like they'd "miss you harder than ever before", a miss is a miss.

Playin a db/nrg scrapper right now. It's strong, sure. Kinda fun. The animation time on Nrg Drain is a bit of a downer but Energize is freakin awesome. It also sits at 51.9% DDR. Tank's would scale up to... something, but my shield tank sits higher thanks to dbl stacked AD, so we can't blame that, either. There's a whole nuther discussion about the numerical superiority of shield over sr and adding another into the mix just means sr should get the master brawler change.

6 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

And as for Super Strength Scrappers doing too much damage... Sorry, after the kind of damage output that I've seen soft-capped Fire/Fire/Fire Blasters put out no one is going to be able to convince me that a Super Strength Scrapper, or a proper crit chance on Scrapper EM, would be overpowered.

Too bad the rule's already been broken with NrgMelee. Now the flood gates are open to balance however they want through single power tweaking and it's just a matter of time/priority.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Too bad the rule's already been broken with NrgMelee. Now the flood gates are open to balance however they want through single power tweaking and it's just a matter of time/priority.

A few rules have been broken since November 2011. A lot of people weren't there when SS got nerfed. Rage needs to be un-nerfed and re-tooled, regardless if it gets ported to scrappers. SS is actually pretty bad, performance wise, without Rage. Think nerf Energy Melee level of performance if you don't take Rage.

• Haha 1