Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

*@$%&! a heal! I'd much rather just have the correct damage and critical chance on an EM Scrapper and Stalker.

So would I, thus the part of the post saying "devs hate scrappers less than stalkers" instead of "devs love scrappers." 🤪

On 5/22/2021 at 2:04 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

*@$%&! a heal! I'd much rather just have the correct damage and critical chance on an EM Scrapper and Stalker.

This makes my Scrapper-heart smile. Who needs healing when you can just kill enemies faster?

• Like 1
On 5/21/2021 at 2:59 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

You know, they don't actually have to nerf Rage in order to give Super Strength to Scrappers. Or at least not nerf it on Tanks.

They could just Scrappers a version of SS that has Build Up instead of Rage. Problem solved.

SS would be pretty weak if a direct port with Build up instead of Rage.

Jab and Punch have some horrible DPA due to their low recharge.  Haymaker is too stellar either.

If you made Jab say 4 seconds, punch 8 seconds and Haymaker 12 seconds perhaps.  

Then you could switch to build up potentially.  It would look a lot more like Stone Melee.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/25/2021 at 5:25 PM, Haijinx said:

SS would be pretty weak if a direct port with Build up instead of Rage.

Jab and Punch have some horrible DPA due to their low recharge.  Haymaker is too stellar either.

If you made Jab say 4 seconds, punch 8 seconds and Haymaker 12 seconds perhaps.  

Then you could switch to build up potentially.  It would look a lot more like Stone Melee.

We should just do Stone Melee instead! That's what I really want but I assume SS will be first.

6 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

We should just do Stone Melee instead! That's what I really want but I assume SS will be first.

Yeah.  I don't see why we can't have Stone Melee now.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Yeah.  I don't see why we can't have Stone Melee now.

12 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Well, they look like they hinted at a stone blast set, so maybe they'll port stone melee over at the same time.

Alright, so Rage is the issue right?  It makes/breaks the set.  Can we just convert some portion of the bonus damage into a smashing Proc?

Like if Rage gives 80% damage now just cut it down to 50% or 40% and add in a 100% chance for Smashing Dmg Proc to all the SS powers equal to the missing amount of damage on each power.

It would stop the Crits from giving Scrappers an Assassin's Footstomp worth of damage but still give them a huge amount of damage.

If you wanted to be fancy you could make the proc damage unresistible or untyped or something so they have an edge on all the crazy amounts of smashing resist in the game.