Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

Speaking as a former Super Strength tanker, you don't want it now.  I25 changes to Rage make the set a liability. 

Take Street Fighting and add Air Superiority and there you go.

QFT

Super strength now is somewhat less than super. Rage crash now having 3 negative effects and really punishing you for stacking it makes the juice not worth the squeeze when you can just take a build up set and have a huge damage spike every 30 secs with the gaussians proc slotted. Not to mention smashing is heavily resisted, so im not sure losing all damage for 10secs plus end dump which can detoggle and get you killed, plus -def which wrecks most peoples main form of damage avoidance makes up for a small buff you can get anyways thorugh red insp and a HUGE damage cap on brutes through fury alone.

I find SS not only much less fun to play trying to manage rage dumps, but also very lackluster overall compared to its former incarnation.

*long, world-weary sigh*

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who has repeatedly been killed due to the Rage crash? Not just once, but over and over again? And if so, which aspect of the crash is actually killing you - the ten seconds of -20% Defense, or the -25% end drain upon the crash? Or is it the lack of damage for ten seconds?

Please. I really, really don't get this whole hate for Rage now. >.>

- Loranna

given the lower caps & the inability to plan around crits shouldn't scrappers overall be better dmg dealers than brutes when crits are factored in? SS should be better for scrappers than Brutes & tanks.

SS should indeed do more damage for scrappers than it does for brutes, for the same reason every other set should. The issue is that in a straight port, it not only would do more damage than an SS brute, it would do more damage than most or all other scrapper sets, because of the differences in damage buff scaling.

You know, it shouldn't be too hard to mock up a DPS spreadsheet entry for scrapper SS, right? Then at least we'd have some concrete numbers to work with.

that would only be during rage, which now comes with an unavoidable crash

Yes, and an endurance cost, but those aren't large enough to make a scrapper running around with permanent +200% damage balanced.

(Also, scrappers can take Shadow Meld, which would be really good for mitigating the defense crash.)

Yes, and an endurance cost, but those aren't large enough to make a scrapper running around with permanent +200% damage balanced.

(Also, scrappers can take Shadow Meld, which would be really good for mitigating the defense crash.)

isn't the dmg crash extremely significant? I never was a Rager but I seem to remember the crash negating a significant amount of dmg on those in the "crash" state.

It's a -9999% damage debuff, so yes, it floors you to 10% of base damage during the crash no matter what other buffs you have.

But even for brutes and tankers, doing essentially no damage for 10 seconds every 120 isn't SO harsh a penalty that Rage stops being enormously beneficial. For scrappers, if the power is just ported over directly, it would be dramatically more beneficial than that, because of the AT scaling involved. That's why I keep saying that, however good it is for brutes, it's much better than that for scrappers, in just the same way that Blinding Feint is, only more so.

It's a -9999% damage debuff, so yes, it floors you to 10% of base damage during the crash no matter what other buffs you have.

But even for brutes and tankers, doing essentially no damage for 10 seconds every 120 isn't SO harsh a penalty that Rage stops being enormously beneficial. For scrappers, if the power is just ported over directly, it would be dramatically more beneficial than that, because of the AT scaling involved. That's why I keep saying that, however good it is for brutes, it's much better than that for scrappers, in just the same way that Blinding Feint is, only more so.

Good to know, I guess rage should become another buildup clone to expedite porting the set.

Good to know, I guess rage should become another buildup clone to expedite porting the set.

Stone melee would be better if rage was simply replaced with a BU clone.

• 1 month later

Don't think you will see them until you see a fix for rage.  Double stacked rage on scrappers would be an issue. 

Double stacked rage on brutes is where the problem lies now, scrappers would be moreso. 

Possible SS scrappers ... Luke Cage.  Wonder Woman.  The Martian Manhunter.  She-Hulk.  Warpath.  Rogue.  

On 7/6/2019 at 12:16 AM, HelenCarnate said:

And yet Scrappers get Titan Weapons.

Giant weapons are a common theme with anime scrapper types, as they’re considered to highlight their heroic portions I think; also a big deal in the exalted rpg.

• Like 1

I wish they did this. I have a concept for a character that's currently an STJ/Bio Scrapper, but SS would fit it so much better. The character would otherwise be a Brute, but Fury is a bigger concept violation than the switch from SS to STJ.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.