Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

On 10/11/2019 at 6:38 AM, Murcielago said:

Scrappers haven't gotten SS YET?!?!?!

Nor Energy Melee.  *sigh*

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

image.png.0b126059167baefdc720a888a782c930.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Excelsior:

🎯 Nifty - Elec/Shield Stalker | Corporeal - Time/Fire Defender |💪 Sturdy - SS/Inv Tanker

💫 Humiliation - Fire/Fire Blaster |💚 Cinema - Fire/Kin Corruptor |💀 Heat Loss - Ice/Cold Corruptor

Torchbearer:

👊Nifty - MA/SR Scrapper

With the new Force of Will travel power, everybody gets Foot Stomp now. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Sudden Acceleration: KB to KD does not appear to be unique as per Mids. Course, this doesn't mean everyone is going to or should slot them in all KB attacks... but the choice is there.

I suspect there were more virtuous people found in Sodom than Energy Blasters to be found who have multi-slotted to convert knockback to knockdown. Fortunately nobody is facing destruction or being turned into a pillar of salt.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Sudden Acceleration: KB to KD does not appear to be unique as per Mids. Course, this doesn't mean everyone is going to or should slot them in all KB attacks... but the choice is there.

While I haven't gotten my PB to 50 yet, I have them slotted in every KB power except the Nuke.  My nuke I allow to do the knock back ^_^  The rest of the team can suffer!

6 hours ago, FDR's Think Tank said:

Super Strength, which has the gimmick of knockback

Uh, are we talking about the same set? SS only has knockback on two powers, namely the two that people rarely take or use anyway. Claws and Kinetic Melee already have more knockback problems than SS does, since it's unavoidably attached to their AoE attacks instead of on a separate power.

21 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I suspect there were more virtuous people found in Sodom than Energy Blasters to be found who have multi-slotted to convert knockback to knockdown. Fortunately nobody is facing destruction or being turned into a pillar of salt.

My PB only lacks it in Gleaming Blast, which I rarely end up using. Going  KB->KD in all the AoE is too useful to me, let alone the rest of the team. Inner Light -> Solar Flare (KD), Dawn Strike (KD), Photon Seekers (KD), Solar Flare (KD), Luminous Detonation (KD), Clean-up.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

• 3 weeks later
On 10/16/2019 at 8:25 PM, Hopeling said:

Uh, are we talking about the same set? SS only has knockback on two powers, namely the two that people rarely take or use anyway. Claws and Kinetic Melee already have more knockback problems than SS does, since it's unavoidably attached to their AoE attacks instead of on a separate power.

Foot stomp has kb also.  I have been a long time SS user but didnt realize that till the other day.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Infinitum said:

Foot stomp has kb also.  I have been a long time SS user but didnt realize that till the other day.

Negative; it has knockdown. Like all KD effects, it will turn into KB against sufficiently low-level enemies, but that's only rarely a problem.

5 hours ago, Hopeling said:

Negative; it has knockdown. Like all KD effects, it will turn into KB against sufficiently low-level enemies, but that's only rarely a problem.

I'm not just speaking out of my rear here, for me it does KB and that's slotting it with a normal damage set.  I've seen it happen all the time.  It's not across the room or anything but it does KB enough to be annoying.

And if you would like to see how often it does it against level 54s I can show you.

Kd is a lesser magnitude of KB. But it doesn't take much to get it to KB anymore with footstomp for some reason. 

I don't remember it being this way on live either.

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

I'm not just speaking out of my rear here, for me it does KB and that's slotting it with a normal damage set.  I've seen it happen all the time.  It's not across the room or anything but it does KB enough to be annoying.

And if you would like to see how often it does it against level 54s I can show you.

Kd is a lesser magnitude of KB. But it doesn't take much to get it to KB anymore with footstomp for some reason. 

I don't remember it being this way on live either.

Just curious what it is slotted with?