Wait... no Super Strength for Scrappers?

Omnicron

Just now, Enots said:

I hadn't ever had that issue. The only things  I could think of are bug or a weird set. BTW used to play with you on live. If you remember Night Elf, I'm his brother. 

Get the heck out of here!!!! thats awesome my friend.  I've been looking for anyone I knew on live for months... Ah it does my heart good to see you.

Hows your brother?

And will you please come team with us on excelsior?

33 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

On mids the foot stomp description says it does KB not kd.  Could be a misprint, but it matches my experience.

KB of less than 1 is the same as knock down (FS is 0.67).  Mobs much lower level or that are minions or most clockwork may go flying but even level mobs you should have no issue.  What is your secondary?  If you have a damage aura with Avalanche slotted the KB from that sometime procs at the same time as you footstomp and that can magnify the effect to be higher than 1.  Burn does it as well on its own if slotted that way.

Edited by HelenCarnate

15 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

KB of less than 1 is the same as knock down (FS is 0.67).  Mobs much lower level or that are minions or most clockwork may go flying but even level mobs you should have no issue.  What is your secondary?  If you have a damage aura with Avalanche slotted the KB from that sometime procs at the same time as you footstomp and that can magnify the effect to be higher than 1.  Burn does it as well on its own if slotted that way.

Its actually an invul/ss tank

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

Odd.  Have had 0 issues with stuff flying that is even level.

yeah agreed, i remember when i first noticed it i said, "since when did footstomp KB", and a sg mate said it has KB in it, so i looked at mids and sure enough it says Footstomp has KB

according to the mids description, and granted its not horrible KB but its enough to make you chase mobs sometimes.

2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Its less than 1 kb though.  Weird you are having issues

Yeah like I said it's minor, usually only 1-3 baddies, and they don't go far but definately outside AOE range.

If I hadn't had the experience on live of it just being the knockdown it probably wouldn't bother me honestly.

5 hours ago, Hopeling said:

If it's hitting at the same time as a teammate KD power, they can conceivably stack to make KB. A few enemies (mostly Clockwork) are also vulnerable to knocks, so even low-mag stuff will knock them back.

see i thought that too, but i tested it solo and it still does it.

11 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Are you level shifted? If not, mind sharing your build in here? I'm curious to why this is happening for you and want to look at it for shits and giggles.

Also, Scrappers still need SS.

I'm at work so I will try to go from memory.

Yeah I'm level shifted,

basically i have ko blow slotted with might of the tanker.

Haymaker with the other ATO

Jab with blistering cold

I had avalanche in foot stomp but kb was worse with that so I switched to oblit, it still did it so what the heck I put avalanche back in.

The resist sets including tough have unbreakable guard

The defense sets have shield wall.

I think dull pain has preventive

Rage has gaussians.

I will post a build later,

And yes.... Yes they do.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:09 AM, Erratic1 said:

Well hey, why don't we just do away with ATs all together and give everyone every powerset both as primary and secondary?

Cool.... I call Fire Control/Fire Blast.

At controller/Blaster Efficacy. I'll also take Domination/Defiance for shiz and giggles.

My next alt will be Stone Armor/Stone Control... so I can literally bore myself to tears waiting for stuff to die.

Edited by DocRadio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Are you level shifted? If not, mind sharing your build in here? I'm curious to why this is happening for you and want to look at it for shits and giggles.

Also, Scrappers still need SS.

here is my current build after i swapped avalanche back in foot stomp.

Im still playing around with this one so dont critique it too bad im not finished with it yet.

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd

27 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

here is my current build after i swapped avalanche back in foot stomp.

Im still playing around with this one so dont critique it too bad im not finished with it yet.

Infinitum - Tanker (Invulnerability).mxd 5.65 kB · 0 downloads

I have no critique at all, I haven't played either set, and haven't played a tank past level 14. I was just hoping there was some odd combination of powers making Foot Stomp somehow do KB. A way out there guess is perhaps the Interface energy proc has a small chance of KD or KB that isn't listed? Though if that were the case I imagine it would be known by now.

3 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I have no critique at all, I haven't played either set, and haven't played a tank past level 14. I was just hoping there was some odd combination of powers making Foot Stomp somehow do KB. A way out there guess is perhaps the Interface energy proc has a small chance of KD or KB that isn't listed? Though if that were the case I imagine it would be known by now.

well i dont know how accurate mids descriptions are but foot stomp is listed as KB and it does it.

shield charge is listed as KD and thats what it does.

why am i the only one seeing it on foot stomp    no idea  lol.

it almost reminds me the other night when i messed a bind up and i would shield charge everytime i would jump and have a target friend or foe.

You have chance for KB in a power that already has KB.  When it procs, things go flying.  I tried on live with my SS and am getting nothing flying away.  Made your build on test and had the same issue as you.  Swapped the ATO in KO blow to footstomp and threw in the winter melee set in KO blow (which nearly caps your S/L defense) and had no issues.  BTW, rock solid build with a much smaller psy hole than you will see on most Invulnerable builds out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

You have chance for KB in a power that already has KB.  When it procs, things go flying.  I tried on live with my SS and am getting nothing flying away.  Made your build on test and had the same issue as you.  Swapped the ATO in KO blow to footstomp and threw in the winter melee set in KO blow (which nearly caps your S/L defense) and had no issues.  BTW, rock solid build with a much smaller psy hole than you will see on most Invulnerable builds out there.

Did you see the part about foot stomp KB with oblit slotted in? 

I know aval. Has a proc but if it's going to do it anyway may as well use the better set right?. 

But that's a good look you got there putting blistering cold in ko blow the ato in footstomp.

So there was no kb when you did that?

Would that also increase the chance of +res by being in footstomp because it hits multiples?

I have since redesigned slightly and 6 slotted jab put contaminated strike in it I want it there because jab fires more frequently to get the hold.

Now what I may do is put touch of death in KO blow, move the ATO to footstomp and save the avalanche for another toon.

Just when you think you are done. lol

Still doesn't explain the kb on oblit in footstomp.

2 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

The only other time I can think of that footstomp alone would knockback 50+ stuff is if you are in DA and you have more than 1 level shift.  If you are +3 and mobs are lvl 51 you will KB instead of KD.  Otherwise it "shouldn't" have that effect.  Keyword being shouldn't.

Incarnate shifts count in DA too right?

That may be it, because that the only place I've been playing lately aside from exemplaring down to where I don't have foot stomp anyway.

This isn't one I play a lot, for a few reasons, but I didn't even think about the level shifts.

The KB is like baby kb even with avalanche, just noticeable to where hmm it never did that before.

I never had incarnate on live.

Edited by Infinitum

• 2 weeks later