Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes

GM Dredd

Recommend deleting and starting again.

Also make sure the folder you put Tequila has full read & write/admin permissions enabled. When I did this on my wife's laptop it went into Program Files and Windows didnt like it. I installed in C:/CoH and everything went fine :)

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

... grab yourself a snack and have a wait, Tequila is going to download everything and this part will take a while.

How long is a while?

That entirely depends on your internet connection.

Took me less than 10 minutes.

Not it doesn't depend on your internet, not entirely...Tequila is notoriously slow as it gets hammered at times so even on a 1gig connection it can take hours and hours....which is why people should use the torrent to download the game files.

Not it doesn't depend on your internet, not entirely...Tequila is notoriously slow as it gets hammered at times so even on a 1gig connection it can take hours and hours....which is why people should use the torrent to download the game files.

Fair enough.

However, 10 hours+ is not right and I suggest Madam Atom follows my idea.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

Fair enough.

However, 10 hours+ is not right and I suggest Madam Atom follows my idea.

She should just read my guide as it has most of the fixes for problems you encounter. see siggy for link

What happened to Madam Atom is the tequila hanged during the download...it does this often on new install with downloading large files. Need to close it and reopen it to get it downloading again if you wont use the torrent.

Few comments:

I needed to restart tequila three or four times to get the entire download to work. Hopefully other people have less issues but dont be afraid to stop and start till it gets the job done.

For various reasons C: was not my ideal drive to use - installed to I: just fine. Should work with any drive in windows.

Game still looks pretty good! With it is only 4.44 GB that is amazing.

** Asus Crosshair TUF x570, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 64GB DDR4, GTX 1080 ti, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, 2tbNVME, 1.5TB SSD, 12TB HDD, Optical Asus BluRay Quad Layer 16x **

** Lenovo Y720 **

Guest webslinger22

Followed all the directions but when I try to put in username and password I get invalid username or password message.

Same as me

Same here!!!

Does this run okay on Windows 10?

My Alienware PC is running Windows 7.  I never upgraded for fear I'd never be able to run a flavor of COH again.

I really need to upgrade it though.

Any responses would be appreciated!  Thank you :-)

P.S.  So excited I'm going to take a vacation day to keep playing hehe

Same here. I used to play the game on live with an HP desktop with WinXP and an AGP card . It ran fine, though I couldn't use the ultra settings. Now, I have a gaming puter, Win10 and it works great. I never knew how beautiful CoH was...the water alone blows me away.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I am having trouble .... with Island Run... everything is ready to play.. when I hit the play button.... I get a message...... Error loading Plist .... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... thank you in advance for your time..

Followed all the directions but when I try to put in username and password I get invalid username or password message.

Same as me

Same here!!!

Same I can't login either even after going into the tutorial, backing out and restarting the game:(

Hey all just a PSA.

When I executed "tequila.exe," I was informed of a virus/malware install called "EK-Trickbot-malspam."  This particular threat is very dangerous.

unknown.png

You can learn more about "Trickbot" here.

https://www.cisecurity.org/white-papers/security-primer-trickbot/

Traditional Trickbot infections steal financial information.

"TrickBot is a modular banking trojan that targets user financial information and acts as a dropper for other malware. It uses man-in-the-browser attacks to steal financial information, such as login credentials for online banking sessions. The malware authors are continuously releasing new modules and versions of TrickBot."

Please exercise caution until this is explained or rectified.

Regards,

Paw

Same here

I got it to work just fine on my PC, but on our Mac I get everything installed, click the button to play, it says it is launching and then nothing happens.  Like for my wife and I to be able to play together again, but for now its tag teaming.

Hey all just a PSA.

When I executed "tequila.exe," I was informed of a virus/malware install called "EK-Trickbot-malspam."  This particular threat is very dangerous.

unknown.png

"TrickBot is a modular banking trojan that targets user financial information and acts as a dropper for other malware. It uses man-in-the-browser attacks to steal financial information, such as login credentials for online banking sessions. The malware authors are continuously releasing new modules and versions of TrickBot."

Regards,

Paw

Same here

Same same

The guide worked great, game launched without issue. My problem is that file explorer will no longer come to the foreground after installing and launching the game. I had to do a system restore (W10) to get it back to functioning properly I dleted everything including the created CoH file on main drive. Tried everything a second time, launched game, exited after entering Paragon City. Again file explorer would not come to the foreground to access any of its functions.

Needles to say I once more did a recovery plus submitted a support ticket. Anyone with any suggestion? I really want to play but won't until this is resolved.

The guide worked great, game launched without issue. My problem is that file explorer will no longer come to the foreground after installing and launching the game. I had to do a system restore (W10) to get it back to functioning properly I dleted everything including the created CoH file on main drive. Tried everything a second time, launched game, exited after entering Paragon City. Again file explorer would not come to the foreground to access any of its functions.

Needles to say I once more did a recovery plus submitted a support ticket. Anyone with any suggestion? I really want to play but won't until this is resolved.

Why do you need your file explorer in the foreground?

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode?

Hey all just a PSA.

unknown.png

Regards,

Paw

So any word on what this is...think its pretty important.

Guest Lerch2000

Has anyone else found this trickbot? I've just scanned and found nothing.

No, No problems here. It could be just the Anti-virus picking up a false positive, but that's just my guess. My take is the game isn't any longer Official so it's basically use at your own risk (in other words, if you don't feel comfortable with something don't install it). Since they don't require or request money I have a hard time thinking its from the Homecoming group.

Eitherway, Wish you all the best and good luck.

Okay, in the tutorial I accidentally hit R and took off running, like I did the very first time I played, and I got all misty-eyed.  Thank you all who made this possible.  And a huge thank you to whoever upped the storage numbers.  My inner packrat awakes!