Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes

GM Dredd

When I select Homecoming and click "Play" I get a dialogue box pop-up saying "Access Denied".  I followed the reddit post and the COH Resurgence FAQ but no luck.

redo you anti virus exceptions/exclusions.  If you had not added the whole game folder to your AV exception and only added the score.exe then this will happen as the game no longer uses score.exe but is replaced by homecoming.exe.

Any fixes to score.exe etc will have to be redone to homecoming.exe too.  You will have to redo any display scaling fixes to the homecoming.exe like you previously did to score.exe, also compatibility mode and possibly run as admin.

so in my giddiness to fire this up and play I did not install it to a folder like the instructions say. how do u uninstall it to reinstall it?

I did the same. Just delete the folder.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Just D/L and installed, ran into a (rather annoying) issue with the settings.

Once you open and 'apply' them... there is no 'close settings' option; only cancel.  Have to manually shut down the client and re-launch.

Under cancel there is a very small red button to close the options windows, very very small ;)

After the server move my game is all zoomed in and can't be set to 1080x1920. I remember hearing about switching the dpi, but I forget where the exe is located.

0.  Find "Homecoming.exe" in your installation folder (hopefully C:/CoH).

1.  Right click and select "Properties".

The following screen will open up:

https://www.deviantart.com/sydney-fan/art/City-of-Heroes-Homecoming-Screen-Resolution-Fix-798247141

2.  Select "Compatibility" tab.

3.  Click on "Change high DPI settings"

4. & 5.  Put a check in both options.

6.  Click OK

Then start City of Heroes as normal (clicking on "tequila.exe" and using "Play" button, once downloads complete).

Has anyone else found this trickbot? I've just scanned and found nothing.

No, No problems here. It could be just the Anti-virus picking up a false positive, but that's just my guess. My take is the game isn't any longer Official so it's basically use at your own risk (in other words, if you don't feel comfortable with something don't install it). Since they don't require or request money I have a hard time thinking its from the Homecoming group.

Eitherway, Wish you all the best and good luck.

That doesn't really matter, that no money is requested. The trickbot sits waiting, pouring through your browser, waiting for you to access your bank or enter your credit card into amazon or whatever you do. According to the links provided, that trickbot is also an open door for other malware / spyware to get installed later, too.

My [glow=red,2,300]BitDefender[/glow] did not find anything. I scanned the EXE and the installation folder and it found nothing. I'll run a deep scan of my entire drive later.

Paragon City is Convulsing. Choking. Breaking under its own weight. Citizens in fear of the street.

Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.

I'm a moron.  First time player, seems pretty cool.  Got thing running, hit level 2, quit for the night.  Next launch, I decided to play with window size settings.  I chose something that blew it up too big to the point I cannot access the options on the launch screen anymore.  I have not found a fix and now cannot play.  I deleted all files in the CoH folder and uninstalled Tequila.  Reinstalled...and the frigging loading screen somehow kept my crappy settings so I still can't play.  Anyone know which file I may be able to manually edit in the back end to fix or know some other fix?  NOTE: Win 10 (no right click option on the taskbar icon for scale choices), changing Compatibility properties settings to "Change high DPI settings" and selecting the box for "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings" has not made a difference.

Is this launcher supposed to be so slow? I started my download at 10am today and I'm still below 50% complete as of 5:40pm. This is making me nervous as hell about server latency.

The Tequilla Launcher is slow in download the game files using HTTP. Try Silk's Guide to get a magnet link and download most of it using a torrent program, then just run Tequilla and let it "patch" the files that differ from the ones you downloaded. Will go much faster!

Is this launcher supposed to be so slow? I started my download at 10am today and I'm still below 50% complete as of 5:40pm. This is making me nervous as hell about server latency.

The Tequilla Launcher is slow in download the game files using HTTP. Try Silk's Guide to get a magnet link and download most of it using a torrent program, then just run Tequilla and let it "patch" the files that differ from the ones you downloaded. Will go much faster!

Cool, thanks! I will try that. This ought to be in the OP.

Nothing happens when I try to run Tequila. No prompts or errors beyond the unverified publisher warning, which I told it to ignore. Tried running as admin, made sure it wasn't read only, set compatibility mode to Win 7, nothing is working. Does it not work on Win 10 or am I missing something?

Has anyone else found this trickbot? I've just scanned and found nothing.

No, No problems here. It could be just the Anti-virus picking up a false positive, but that's just my guess. My take is the game isn't any longer Official so it's basically use at your own risk (in other words, if you don't feel comfortable with something don't install it). Since they don't require or request money I have a hard time thinking its from the Homecoming group.

Eitherway, Wish you all the best and good luck.

Just Downloaded the most recent Tequilla Launcher and scanned it with Norton 360, which is usually capable of detecting Billions of serious threats, it found nothing to worry about.

"Disclaimer: In fact I trust Norton as it is normally even able to detect and at-least partially protect from even worse Malware/viruses like that one nasty piece of Software which would encrypt your whole Drive and or Important System/private folders and force you to pay a "unlock" fee, which of-course is gonna unlock nothing except of somebody else's purse. "

Gonna scan the whole game folder(s)/archive once the Download is done.

So, as far as you can trust an quite over-expensive subscription based Virus protection software, the whole game directory is clean.

My shadows darken other Domains.

Nothing happens when I try to run Tequila. No prompts or errors beyond the unverified publisher warning, which I told it to ignore. Tried running as admin, made sure it wasn't read only, set compatibility mode to Win 7, nothing is working. Does it not work on Win 10 or am I missing something?

Only thing I could think of is Windows 10's "new"  " This file originates from an other PC....access might be blocked....."

you'll find this tiny little piece of information by right-clicking the Tequila.exe -> Porpeties -> at the bottom is the header "Security"

-> there click inside the tiny little "Unblock" field and take over the changes/click on OK or whatever...

I really don't know if that's gonna help by any means or not ..

Here's some more in detail info :

https://appuals.com/fix-this-file-came-from-another-computer-and-might-be-blocked/ 

oh and get sure you Virus protection isn't just preventing the launcher from running.

My shadows darken other Domains.

I have downloaded everything and the game seems to be starting up fine, but it will not allow me to log in.  It keeps saying that my username and password is wrong.  I have deleted and recreated my account once already and changed my password, but it keeps saying the same thing.  What am i doing wrong?