Dredd's Guide to Loading City of Heroes

GM Dredd

I honestly play this whole game on my external drive, and to top it off copied the files from my brothers computer to the drive so I did not have to wait on the download.

The only issue I had was getting Tequila to verify the the files not download it again.

To fix that I only had to make sure I named the folder storing the game files "CoH" which made Tequila look for the correct files to verify. It oddly enough worked  :o  Back on my Blaster  8)

I am unable to get the Tequila program to work. I keep getting the error

"Manifest download error for http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

An exception occurred during a WebClient request."

Any suggestions? I've looked at the guide, but did not see this.

I was able to overcome this issue by right-clicking the Tequila.exe icon and running it as an administrator. Issue resolved. Now, just to find time to actually play.

I'm getting this message specifically when I try to open tequila.exe:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

I'm getting this message specifically when I try to open tequila.exe:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Usually, when a windows machine complains about missing an assembly, it means you need to install the correct .NET or visual C++/C# runtimes.  As neither guide I have read even mentions what they used to compile Tequila, my recommendation would be to either to get all of them Microsoft has listed manually or search for the specific assembly to see if you can track down where it comes from (A quick search shows its either ASP.net, or straight up .NET version 3.5). 

Note:There is a program that claims to automate this and directx runtimes (All-in-one runtimes) but I cannot find a website that has it that I regularly use for software, thus I can not recommend this program as I do not know if it is infected or not.  I only bring it up in case you come across it during searching.

Hi, my Tequila downloads everything and ends with "Download error: dbghelp.dll Size mismatch..."

I tried to look for help around, but didn't find any. Please, does anybody have suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

I have Trend Micro. Every time there is a new patch and I launch the game, Trend says 'Danger Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!' and closes it. I simply re-launch Tequila and this time, a warning pops up that gives me the choice to close or open it. After I choose 'open this file', the warning never pops up again until the next patch. (It's auto-added to the whitelist.)

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Tell your scanner to ignore it.

I have BitDefender.  I have done that.  I've told BitDefender to ignore the file that it's freaking out about, but every time the file gets re-downloaded, BitDefender freaks out again and doesn't let it download.

• Lead Game Master

If I already have Tequila, how do I add Homecoming's manifest to it?

Homecoming's manifest is the default Tequila manifest, so you should already have it - if not, it's http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!