Known Mastermind Issues

Apparition

On 4/8/2020 at 12:11 AM, EyeLuvBooks said:

Since the recent changes to pet AI I've mound that most of the pets don't do this nearly as much as they used to. Except this fool. The issue is that his Breath Fire cone attack has a range of about 40' so in order to use it he HAS to get closer. If his chosen target runs back into a spawn, he'll chase them right through other mobs.

I'd settle for him having a small ranged AoE instead of the Breathe Fire cone. Then he wouldn't need to run into melee.

band aid to that is summon all>equip>dismiss arso>summon arso. that way i keep him out of melee 80% of time... the other 20% he still goes brawling

• 1 month later

If you slot the Expediated Reinforcement unique in a regular MM pet (instead of a limited duration one like Hell on Earth) the proc does not work.

I don't know if this a Hell on Earth only thing or applies to all primaries.

Call to Arms unique does work although applies 5% base defence buff (which stacks with regular defence) instead of each defence type individually.

1 hour ago, Maxzero said:

If you slot the Expediated Reinforcement unique in a regular MM pet (instead of a limited duration one like Hell on Earth) the proc does not work.

I don't know if this a Hell on Earth only thing or applies to all primaries.

Call to Arms unique does work although applies 5% base defence buff (which stacks with regular defence) instead of each defence type individually.

Expedient Reinforcement seems to work just fine in my level 29 Bots/Dark MM.  I even tested the range, they it works at 40 feet, like all the other pet IOs.

image.png.5c0aec4030167ec9997f1a21012655f3.png

Edited by Kommon
Pic for verification

20 hours ago, Kommon said:

Expedient Reinforcement seems to work just fine in my level 29 Bots/Dark MM.  I even tested the range, they it works at 40 feet, like all the other pet IOs.

image.png.5c0aec4030167ec9997f1a21012655f3.png

After checking it again it works in Demonlings.

Before I was below the level of the IO hence why it didn't work.

• 5 weeks later

I have a friend whose pets all die when he levels in a mission.  We've been trying to pin down whether it is just in a TF, or regular missions as well, but in any case I've never seen this on my MM.  Is there a system for when this happens?  

2 hours ago, Scientist said:

I have a friend whose pets all die when he levels in a mission.  We've been trying to pin down whether it is just in a TF, or regular missions as well, but in any case I've never seen this on my MM.  Is there a system for when this happens?  

I have noticed this happening when I'm lower than experience level 50, the team lead is lower combat level than I am, and I am being exemplar-ed.

Team blockage and stupid-melee seem to have been fixed. Next thing I'd really-really like to see is the hybrids getting fixed.

I've noticed that my upgrade 2 thugs lose a lot of costume pieces when re-zoning or simply rapidly moving to another part of a a zone. They seem to maintain all the bonuses.

Recharge doing nothing for MM pets. The reasons that it doesn't is probably one of the most long-lived lamest unfixed bugs in the game.

4 hours ago, Pherdnut said:

Team blockage and stupid-melee seem to have been fixed. Next thing I'd really-really like to see is the hybrids getting fixed.

I've noticed that my upgrade 2 thugs lose a lot of costume pieces when re-zoning or simply rapidly moving to another part of a a zone. They seem to maintain all the bonuses.

Recharge doing nothing for MM pets. The reasons that it doesn't is probably one of the most long-lived lamest unfixed bugs in the game.

Am I mis-remembering, or did +Recharge used to affect controller pets?  I seem to recall in the very early days when you could literally get out 3-4 instances of flaming imps that applying speed boost to the throng did actually speed up their attacks as well.

Been forever ago though.

At any rate, I’m not sure I’d classify lack of +Recharge having any effect as a ‘bug’ as much as a design issue, since what it does if allowed today it’s screws up pet AI.

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

Am I mis-remembering, or did +Recharge used to affect controller pets?  I seem to recall in the very early days when you could literally get out 3-4 instances of flaming imps that applying speed boost to the throng did actually speed up their attacks as well.

You are correct. Changing their attack rate messed with the AI (for MOST pets... pets like Imps who only had one attack were probably not affected), so their powers were all blocked from being affected by Recharge buffing/debuffing. This was a deliberate design change, though I'm not sure that it couldn't be considered as having started from an AI bug.

16 hours ago, Pherdnut said:

Ain't broke, don't fix it.

Can't fix it, so leave it broken.  :classic_sad:

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.