Homecoming Server Update (May 1st): Perfectly Balanced

Jimmy

Can we please add Double Inf to go along with the XP?  Otherwise we're just badly screwing over the economy and making it MUCH too easy to outlevel your actual ability to do things like you should.

Influence is tied to xp - When you get double xp you get double inf too if I recall correctly.

It's not a separate switch.

I want to thank the Homecoming team for all the hard work and hours you all have put into making it possible for our COH Community to Come Home!  Bless you for your tireless efforts to not only make this functional, but to keep adjusting, balancing and adding extra servers to accomodate the really extraordinary volume of returning players! 

It's been said before, and I echo the sentiment - you all are Heroes !

Please expand on how you compute percentages. If you multiply them together weekday XP on Ever and 'Table would be 300% of normal. Addition gives 250%. Weekday AE on Ever and 'Table would be (multiplied) 150% of normal, or (additive) 200%, or 125% (using additive for increases and multiplication for decreases).

Which option is correct?

It works as follows: XP * 1.5 (this would be 50% increase), and XP * 3.5 (this would be 250% increase)

Yeah, but how do you get from "there is a +100% XP bonus AND a +50% XP bonus" to 250% increase? Because a 100% increase is 200% and a 50% increase on 200% is 300%...

Yeah, but how do you get from "there is a +100% XP bonus AND a +50% XP bonus" to 250% increase? Because a 100% increase is 200% and a 50% increase on 200% is 300%...

The bonuses are additive, not multiplicative. +100% + 50% = +150%, for a total of 250%.

Hi Guys is it still down?

Let me know my tequila won't load today?

thx.

Well, is it Tequila itself? If so you might check you Anti-virus.  Due to the use of Heuristics for patching purposes, Anti-virus programs tend to block Tequila (and many other legit uses of Heuristics.) Most games use them for patching these days (otherwise you would have to download the entirety of every little file that had changed, instead you download only what's changed and the patch program modifies the existing file (which IS by definition virus behavior)) but it's only the big games like for example World of Warcraft or such that the AV companies pre-flag to ignore the fact that the patch program is acting like a virus on the game files.  You can add an exception to the game folder, or in an emergency if you need to reinstall after your AV has deleted the Tequila exe (it will do that, delete the 'virus' when it tries to update) or you can with some AV programs temporarily turn it off for 10min, just long enough for Tequila to patch itself.

AE XP reduction, if permanent, is moronic.

I can understand it if your servers are getting crushed. That makes sense. But the notion that you should be prescribing that people level through regular missions instead of the content that they want to do (AE or whatever) is how games get murdered by devs.

Some of us lost dozens of level 50's and have very little interest in the low-level content that we played for almost a decade. At this point we are playing catch up to get back to playing the good stuff (LRSF's, PVP, etc).

There was a problem discovered with the mapservers while doing the update. They are working on resolving the issue; servers are still down.

The Discord will have updates when they're up.

I can understand it if your servers are getting crushed. That makes sense.

I understand that AE runs on a separate Mapserver from the rest of the game. So all AE is piled together on a single server, while the rest of the game has the content spread out over several mapservers. This is a technological limitation and they HAVE to disincentivise it until demand lowers.

These people are running these servers for free at great personal cost to themselves. Try to be less of a dick about the free stuff they're giving you. You are not a paying customer.

Hi

My tequila stops on "verifying"

Do Need to reinstall?

Let me know

It was fine yesterday

thanks.

Check what I said above about how technically Tequila is a virus by definition (but so is the World of Warcraft patcher and most other video game patchers these days) as that might be the issue, your AV program is blocking it.

ZfQb7pF.jpg

I just finally discovered where the buried "Ignore List" is!

Click on the Profile link (or any of the options under it):

1LRgB9t.png

Hover over "Modify Profile", and then hover over "Buddies/Ignore List", then click on "Edit Ignore List":

fCC8lQh.png

Type the name of the offender into the "Member" textbox and click the "Add" button:

MkPu3G6.png

Then the person will be successfully ignored. It would be nice if we could do this from one of the offending posts, or even from the user's profile window, but at least it's there at all!

I'm out.

Gah, I was really hoping Excelsior would be the unofficial PvP server. Had my names reserved and everything.  :(

Agreed, the name would kinda be cool, but hopefully you can still get your names! I was still able to get all mine, including the name I always wanted but never had on Virtue, Queen of Spades! I actually created the character when I was like 8 or 9 (I'm 41 now lol) and was kinda really bummed that I couldn't get the name on Virtue, so I named her Elizabeth Spade.  But now? She's Queen of Spades again!  If you want to hit me up, this is my global name too. :)

What does unofficial pvp mean? there is pvp in atlas on the server?

It means the bulk of the PvP players have decided as a group to play on that server instead of others. It's not official because there are no server changes or policies from the admins to support it - it is just a community decision, so that PvPers can find each other easier.

While there are no server transfers, I just wanted to post to let people know, to ease the pain of transferring to another server, that you CAN send items (inf, salvage, merits, enhancements, recipes) between servers. It is, unfortunately, limited to one item at a time (yes, that means mailing 50 reward merits requires 50 emails), but it's possible.

If you got to a Merit vendor, you'll find some Conversions to turn 50 Reward Merits into a single Hero Merit, and vice versa. This was added explicitly to allow you to send 50 merits at a time using global email. Similarly you can convert 50 Empyrean Merits into a Transcendent Merit and back.