Favorite Sentinel combo

graeberguinn

I have a number (10ish) of Sentinels.

Notable combos have been Electric/EA, Beam/SR, Fire/Fire, and Psi/Regen. 

But my hands down favorite is my Sonic/Bio/Psi Sentinel operating in melee range with Mind Probe, PBAoEs,  Nuking, stacking stuns, etc. It's great.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/1/2022 at 6:01 AM, FUBARczar said:

But my hands down favorite is my Sonic/Bio/Psi Sentinel operating in melee range with Mind Probe, PBAoEs,  Nuking, stacking stuns, etc. It's great.

I was gone for several years, and the Sonic/Bio guide I was following but never got around to slotting (Sovera's Hidden Gem) has a broken link. 

Did you enjoy it for standing in Melee and using defensive opportunity to just vampirically leech health forever like a tanker?  That's kinda how it felt playing the Hidden Gem - was hoping to get advice for slotting at 50 (I'm at 46 now just sitting on respecs) and it sounds like you're having fun, which was why I picked this combo in the first place.  It was a blast.

6 hours ago, Kalean said:

I was gone for several years, and the Sonic/Bio guide I was following but never got around to slotting (Sovera's Hidden Gem) has a broken link. 

Did you enjoy it for standing in Melee and using defensive opportunity to just vampirically leech health forever like a tanker?  That's kinda how it felt playing the Hidden Gem - was hoping to get advice for slotting at 50 (I'm at 46 now just sitting on respecs) and it sounds like you're having fun, which was why I picked this combo in the first place.  It was a blast.

I played using offensive opp, and played it like a scrapper.  

I don't like the sentinel inherent, but the best defense is a good offense! 😛

At this moment Assault Rilfe/Fire Aura.

Edit:

I changed my mind. Rolled a sonic/ninja and I love it. Made it as a concept character related to my time as a sonar tech on a sub. I'm looking forward to getting leviathan mastery later on. 

Edited by moobiman
  • Like 1

Since my last post on this thread 26 months ago, I've pretty much tried every AT (except Tanks) with all assortments of power combinations. When Page 4 dropped with the free respecs across the board, I took that opportunity to revisit my Sentinels and apply my learnings on better builds. It was really great to be reminded how fun they are.

My favourite from my 10 incarnate sentinels remains to be my Pistols/Willpower. My very first toon on HC and CoH. Still fun, surprisingly strong now that I've learned how to build him a little better. He can even give some of my blasters and scrappers a run for their money. It may also be due to his concept, (new) costume, and overall RP-side of things are more fleshed out than any other toon. 

3 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Since my last post on this thread 26 months ago, I've pretty much tried every AT (except Tanks) with all assortments of power combinations. When Page 4 dropped with the free respecs across the board, I took that opportunity to revisit my Sentinels and apply my learnings on better builds. It was really great to be reminded how fun they are.

My favourite from my 10 incarnate sentinels remains to be my Pistols/Willpower. My very first toon on HC and CoH. Still fun, surprisingly strong now that I've learned how to build him a little better. He can even give some of my blasters and scrappers a run for their money. It may also be due to his concept, (new) costume, and overall RP-side of things are more fleshed out than any other toon. 

I have quite a few dual pistol sentinels (invulnerability being one of my favorites).  I don't think I have any willpower Sentinel's out of the 20 or so I have.  What would you say are some pointers for making a strong and sturdy willpower sent?  I always assumed the lower hit points would take away from the Regen that willpower offers.

Pistols is probably my favourite as well... on any AT... I also have a DP/SR and DP/Dark which are also fun. Short answer is: depends on your style of play. I like to get into the thick of things, so quite up close and personal type of play.

With Willpower, you have to watch out for End consumption vs recovery. them toggles add up. That said, minimally slotting Sent's armours in general is more than adequate. I just have an end redux + a pair of def (res where applicable) in each of his toggles if I could afford the slots. I had to devote my slots to damage and chasing recovery set bonuses. Or course you can always opt to build up your defences, but at the cost of something. it's a give and take. I'm levelling a /WP scrapper now and I'm encountering the same recovery vs end consumption issues in his mid 30s. 

Here's a screenie of my WP build. I also have hover+evasive (he's not a hover-shoot-from-beyond-reach kinda toon, but his concept requires him to fly), Fighting Pool and Leadership pools which add on to the consumption. And I didn't have any purple IOs that had massive recovery set bonuses... just normie ones. As it stands, I'm at 3.86 consumption vs 1.74 recovery... which is cutting it quite close for me.

WP.png.5381decaf0991d3accda8e0a2772da85.png

You can probably guess that my defences aren't that high. They're at 29-39, which I can live with after playing blasters and doms. My resistances aren't that high either. But the threat of death is what makes things fun for me. You'll also notice I took Fast Healing and Up to the Challenge later than they were available. I didn't really need to heal all that often, and I need Quick Recovery and the def/res more.

I have another Sent, an Archery/Ninja that was built like a tank... and played the role of the damage soaker in an all archer SG. While he was nigh unkillable, he didn't have much killing power himself. He sucks at solo play.

I find many combos to feel tanky but...my favorite is my Archery/ninjutsu/ninjutsu. 

Massive range boost means I can pull the next mob, or hang in the back and add support fire.  Max speed 80mph without a travel power.

Loads of great AOEs and cones, rain of arrows > caltrops > explosive arrow clears most things smaller than a boss.

In general I can stand in the middle of a mob, fling AOEs, and take alpha to the face without flinching. 

The ninja sword moves mean I tend to run in for a kill shot pretty often too.

Keeping to the gadgets theme, I have all the p2w powers imaginable which makes exemping more fun. I also went with Robot Drones for lore pets. Feels like the best ninja build ever, and I feel like I have my pick of how I want to fight, and where I want to be in the mix. 

Edited by BazookaTwo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
5 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I’m a big fan of Water Blast… I hear it shines pretty decently on a Sent. Any secondaries anyone would recommend? I was thinking /Rad, /Regen or /Energy.

I have a water/bio sent at 50, and it is very powerful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, biostem said:

I have a water/bio sent at 50, and it is very powerful.

Mine is sat in the early 40's, 42 or 43 I think.

It is slotted with attuned IOs w/ procs in the blasts etc.

I really enjoyed levelling it, super sturdy and the AOE and ST both feel plenty adequate. Been running at +2/x6 since about IvI 35 when I fully attuned it.

Edited by Black_Assassin
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Black Assassin - Torchbearer

• 2 weeks later

Recently I’ve grown very fond of my Psi/Regen/Psi. 

With accolades it’s easy to get to the HP Cap, giving her around 70HP/sec Regen. Add the three self heal procs and you get a big boost on that very often too. When combined with the absorb shield and the stacking PBAOE stuns, the PBAOE knockdown, and the single target hold snd disorient, it becomes very hard for anything group to even get past your absorb, never mind out-damage the Regen. 

MoG a great power to hit in a rare emergency or for alpha, and got a good self heal every 15 seconds too (although very rarely need it). 

Just a really nicely balance combo. Highly recommended. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later
1 hour ago, biostem said:

I'm always on the lookout for new sent combos to try - could you elaborate upon this one a bit?

Sadly i dont have the mids file to share my build. The idea to mix Psi/Dark was to have enough +rech to have psychic wall up as soon as possible. On the /Dark side was to softcap resist and S/L defense and also get Obscure Sustenance +end +regen  (dark is very end heavy) available with Ageless on the background as back up. Also picked Psi Mastery due Link Mind wich is perma giving me more +def bonus.

We all know end contet is Psi damage mostly and Dark with Willpower are good sets to counter that.

Also i wanted a demon themed character.

Here is a video doing 54 x 8 Councils with the build glimpse. Sorry for the slow going while playing but i didnt play with this sentinel for a long time.

Edited by serxiom
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, serxiom said:

Sadly i dont have the mids file to share my build. The idea to mix Psi/Dark was to have enough +rech to have psychic wall up as soon as possible. On the /Dark side was to softcap resist and S/L defense and also get Obscure Sustenance +end +regen  (dark is very end heavy) available with Ageless on the background as back up. Also picked Psi Mastery due Link Mind wich is perma giving me more +def bonus.

We all know end contet is Psi damage mostly and Dark with Willpower are good sets to counter that.

Also i wanted a demon themed character.

Here is a video doing 54 x 8 Councils with the build glimpse. Sorry for the slow going while playing but i didnt play with this sentinel for a long time.

Get screenies of your enhancement screen.

It can be rebuilt relatively easy that way.

The higher res, the better (so we can tell which enhancements are which).

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I have a fire/rad. Tough as nails and huge fast damage output.

But currently i really like my Elec/Nin/mako. Nin is really fun huge positional def, a heal, a plus end power. Electric can drain pretty good. And knockout blow does mega damage when you need a single target smack. It’s super versatile.

• Like 1