Volcanic badge for 100 magma lords

Nericus

Ugh, not one of my favorite badge hunts.

Trophy badge, not an accolades component as I recall

Method one: patrol in the central area of the holllows, defeat any pumacites you find and if you see a burning patch of ground, stand over it with a damage aura active and the pumacites below will emerge and should be a magma boss.  But their spawn rate seems a bit low

Enter the troll tunnels and as you blast the troll bosses for that badge you may find some pumicites and magma bosses. Spawn rate may be a bit low again.

Or you can attempt to solo the cavern of transcendence trial the last stage is pumicites and some magma bosses. Clear the bosses, then log out to reset the mission and repeat, but the hazard of this is the trial caps at level 15.

OR there is one other mission that caps you around level 20, part one of who will die, the signature story arc.

Mission 1, ghost to the boss and defeat him and his goons then flee the level and as you do there will be pumicites and if you set to solo boss yes and group size five or greater then there should be magma Lord's for the badge.  Defeat as many as you can don't worry about the timer.

Mission two:. Click two of the glowies and wipe out all pumicites then stand at the entrance of the final room and face pumicites as they ambush you. If you get thru that then click the final glowies and beat the boss and guards.

Mission 3: aerial attack the magma bosses, after they are all downed, log out to reset the mission and repeat this mission until the badge dings.

Per Paragon wiki there do not appear to be any other missions with rock men and magma bosses.

Method one: patrol in the central area of the holllows, defeat any pumacites you find and if you see a burning patch of ground, stand over it with a damage aura active and the pumacites below will emerge and should be a magma boss.  But their spawn rate seems a bit low

Enter the troll tunnels and as you blast the troll bosses for that badge you may find some pumicites and magma bosses. Spawn rate may be a bit low again.

Or you can attempt to solo the cavern of transcendence trial the last stage is pumicites and some magma bosses. Clear the bosses, then log out to reset the mission and repeat, but the hazard of this is the trial caps at level 15.

OR there is one other mission that caps you around level 20, part one of who will die, the signature story arc.

Mission 1, ghost to the boss and defeat him and his goons then flee the level and as you do there will be pumicites and if you set to solo boss yes and group size five or greater then there should be magma Lord's for the badge.  Defeat as many as you can don't worry about the timer.

Mission two:. Click two of the glowies and wipe out all pumicites then stand at the entrance of the final room and face pumicites as they ambush you. If you get thru that then click the final glowies and beat the boss and guards.

Mission 3: aerial attack the magma bosses, after they are all downed, log out to reset the mission and repeat this mission until the badge dings.

Per Paragon wiki there do not appear to be any other missions with rock men and magma bosses.

If you are really serious about getting a badge and worried about leveling out of it, you can always turn off XP:  Menu->Options...Scroll down towards the bottom...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

If you are really serious about getting a badge and worried about leveling out of it, you can always turn off XP:  Menu->Options...Scroll down towards the bottom...

not worried at all about outleveling a badge, I always get to 50 first then go back for the badges.

You were talking about level caps...not sure why that’s a worry for the signature story arcs or the cavern of transcendence

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You were talking about level caps...not sure why that’s a worry for the signature story arcs or the cavern of transcendence

Ah, I see the confusion here. I mention the level caps for those that out level badges then go back to get them

Volcanic is one of my least favorite badge hunts as the magma bosses are not always prolific in the hollows for a nice high level street sweeps, thus some may want to use missions to hunt them and the ones I posted appear to be the only ones with them.

Ah, I see the confusion here. I mention the level caps for those that out level badges then go back to get them

Volcanic is one of my least favorite badge hunts as the magma bosses are not always prolific in the hollows for a nice high level street sweeps, thus some may want to use missions to hunt them and the ones I posted appear to be the only ones with them.

As I was thinking about it, I don't think there is a lvl cap for either SSA's or the cavern trial.  They both just lower you to the level cap, so you really can't ever outlevel them.  Regular content you absolutely can, but not TF's/Trials/Events or SSA's

You can run any regular story arcs through Ouroboros, so the only content you can outlevel is the one-off missions from contacts and lower-level tip missions.

Speaking of regular story arcs, Igneous also appear in one of Julius the Troll's missions.  And one of Kalshak's missions but I think that one is mostly CoT with a few Igneous thrown in.

You don't have to have bosses set to "yes" either; if your team size is big enough you will still have bosses spawn, but they will be downgraded to lieutenants.  They still count for badges.

Hmmm.  Been testing with spawn size five and boss set to yes.  Spawn size else but will spawn bosses of course, but am trying to check the lower settings as well for the sake of squishy alts.

So far spawn five and boss yes seems to be the minimum needed but still testing

While it's true that the igneous aren't seen often, the CoT is the best way to deal with them and get what you need. What I did:

Use base buff stations to give myself stealth - didn't have it at until mid-20s.

At level 50 I can carry a lot of inspirations. I did. As someone who has bought super-packs, I also have access to a lot of inspirations in my email.

I opted to solo the CoT - the time it takes to organize such things is longer than the actual thing usually.

I go in, and I simply put down my ice patch and started blasting, making prodigious use of lucks. I got about 38 bosses in each run. And I got some nice merits for my trouble. All in all, it took less than an hour.

If you're not solo capable, then simply wait until next week when it's the weekly and get your assistant badge at the same time.