Fire/Kin Guide - Turning you and your friends into a giant flaming wrecking ball

Caldazar4

On 1/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, siolfir said:

I usually just drop it into Sprint instead, then I can have one layer of stealth from either Sprint or Super Speed, or two with both.

I have done it a few ways (on varying characters and ATs.)  I often put the Stealth in Sprint for precisely the above.  But sometimes I'll drop the Stealth in either Super Speed or Combat Jumping often in conjunction with a -Knockback IO in SS or CJ.  Almost all my builds take CJ and putting the Stealth in CJ makes the best use of end use ... particularly pre 50/endgame build on something like an Earth/Storm.

8 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I have done it a few ways (on varying characters and ATs.)  I often put the Stealth in Sprint for precisely the above.  But sometimes I'll drop the Stealth in either Super Speed or Combat Jumping often in conjunction with a -Knockback IO in SS or CJ.  Almost all my builds take CJ and putting the Stealth in CJ makes the best use of end use ... particularly pre 50/endgame build on something like an Earth/Storm.

There's no doubt that Combat Jumping is a more efficient use of endurance, but CJ gets a LotG +7.5% recharge if I'm not adding any more slots to it - and other defense set procs if I am adding slots. Putting it in Sprint costs me almost nothing in slotting opportunity since it will only take Run and Jump sets.

44 minutes ago, siolfir said:

There's no doubt that Combat Jumping is a more efficient use of endurance, but CJ gets a LotG +7.5% recharge if I'm not adding any more slots to it - and other defense set procs if I am adding slots. Putting it in Sprint costs me almost nothing in slotting opportunity since it will only take Run and Jump sets.

Yep totally agree.  Slots used vs 'other stuff' and by a safe margin I too use Sprint vs other when placing a stealth IO 

• 5 months later
On 7/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, Caldazar4 said:

Why are there so many goddamn firekins?

In general, you take the most offensive primary and the most offensive secondary in the control sets and create a character which is capable of both incredible control and aoe DPS. 

A fantastic guide!

I've been waiting forever to make a general play build from my firekin farmer, I used your first build and am thrilled! 😊

Thank you for sharing the build and your knowledge.

The macros are a real help, thank you.  I am seeing an issue with the selection of teammates for buffs where the pets are being selected.  It appears to always choose the nearest team member.  I'll give it another try.

I love placing bonfire with a single key, "b" doesn't work for me as it is the reset camera key, but was easily changed.

Great Stuff!!!

22 hours ago, Techulon said:

A fantastic guide!

I've been waiting forever to make a general play build from my firekin farmer, I used your first build and am thrilled! 😊

Thank you for sharing the build and your knowledge.

The macros are a real help, thank you.  I am seeing an issue with the selection of teammates for buffs where the pets are being selected.  It appears to always choose the nearest team member.  I'll give it another try.

I love placing bonfire with a single key, "b" doesn't work for me as it is the reset camera key, but was easily changed.

Great Stuff!!!

Thank you!  I am very happy to hear that people are getting a lot of value.

The "nearest teammate" will select pets and allies pets, etc. that's expected behavior.  Since it affects an AOE I'm happy with it because it hits all the teammates in the area anyways.  I probably cast 90% of my speed boosts this way, sometimes there's a blaster who just doesn't like getting fulcrum shift buffs.

• 11 months later

Any updates to builds regarding end game fire/kins? Do you still play yours or do they mostly collect dust amongst the alts!

Fire/Kin was the first homecoming character I made back in 2019 and I need to revamp him because he feels terrible to play right now!