Lower the Zone Cap in The Abyss

The raised zone cap in The Hive have turned the Hamidon raids into a messy slideshow on even the most powerful of gaming computers.  It also removes nearly all strategy from Hamidon raids as people can (and do) now just zerg the Hamidon once the Hamidon and yellow mito taunt teams are in place.

I respect that some people like that.  So, here's my suggestion.  Lower the zone cap in The Abyss back down to 50, so that people can actually see what they're doing and give back some strategy to Hamidon raids.

If you want a fast slideshow Hamidon raid, go to The Hive.  If you want a semi-old school Hamidon raid where you can actually see what you're doing and what you're attacking, go to The Abyss.  Give people choices.

• 1 month later

I want to raise this suggestion again, because Hamidon raids with three or four leagues worth of players is insane on multiple levels.  Lag being first and foremost.  After experiencing a Hamidon raid with more than three leagues of players a couple of weeks ago, I left in the middle of it because I couldn't take the lag anymore and haven't been back in The Hive nor The Abyss since.

Please lower the zone cap in The Abyss back down to 50 players.

Edited by Apparition

4 hours ago, Robotech_Master said:

Let more people get a reward at once, maybe?

Perhaps wait and see how this goes with the new 64-bit stuff? Perhaps that will improve things. I've seen reports of improved performance in Mothership raids...

The lag is definitely better, although it still gets pretty bad as more and more people pour into the zone.  However, the lag is only half the issue.  The other half is that, as has been pointed out in this thread, there's no longer any real strategy to Hamidon raids.  It's not even really a raid anymore.  It's just fifteen minutes of herding cats and then 150 people curbstomping Hamidon in two minutes or less.  It was clearly not designed for more than fifty or sixty people.