Please join our WEEKLY Themed Costume Contest! Thursdays at 9 pm Eastern in Kallisti Wharf!

CrashJupiter

• 2 weeks later
20 hours ago, Graviton said:

Patch server is down, I can't get to the contest!!!!  Delay, delay!

20 hours ago, Skindog1701 said:

Will there be a rescheduled contest?  Can't log in due to server down for maintenance.

Sorry, you two! I had no idea it was down until after the contest. We had a huge turnout, so I assumed everything was fine.

Here are some of our winners from last night (we had screenshot problems -- sorry!)

UeQFWCk.png

7h2NGj3.png

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 11:12 AM, CrashJupiter said:

Hey all,

Every Thursday at 9 pm Eastern/6 pm Pacific, we'll be holding a 100 million influence themed costume contest on Excelsior! Bring heroes and villains to Kallisti Wharf to get your piece of the prizes!

All levels welcome, so if you have a character you love on some other server and don't want to transfer them, you can simply save your costume and roll them on Excelsior. Kallisti Wharf is enemy-less and reachable from Atlas Park via the tram and from Sharkhead via the Sub.

Unless noted, top 4 get big prizes, and each judge picks a personal favorite as a runner up. Hope to see you there!

Here are the themes for the next few weeks so that you can prepare:

Thursday, July 11 - MYTHOLOGY (Gods, demigods, magical creatures, shambling horrors, and epic heroes)

Thursday, July 18 - ALL-PUNK (Cyberpunk, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Rocketpunk, and Punk Rock)

Thursday, July 25 - THE BARNYARD (Cows, chickens, barn cats, tractors, corn, wheat, etc.)

Thursday, August 1 - HORROR HOMAGE (If it's horror, it belongs! Monster comics, monster movies, killer clowns and tomatoes, horrifying blobs, and bodysnatchers, etc.)

Thursday, August 8 - COUPLES AND GROUP NIGHT (We're doubling the prizes! You'll be judged as a group of two plus, but all themes go!)

Thursday, August 15 - FOOD AND CANDY (If you can eat it, it belongs! Feel free to do food hybrids, like burger bots or candy monsters, and fast food characters)

Thursday, August 22 - YOUR CHILDHOOD (toys! games! movies! Whatever you still love from your childhood, we want to see it!)

Thursday, August 29 - ALIENS (scary, slimy, cuddly, fun, obsessed with hugging faces or Reese's pieces, if it's aliens, bring it!)

Thursday, September 5 - FANTASY! (Swords and sorcery, high fantasy, low fantasy)

Thursday, September 12 - NO THEME! (Total free-for-all! Bring your best costumes!)

If you have questions or suggestions, please feel free to post here or reach me in-game via global @CrashJupiter

Will there be any more contests after this?

One theme I've been toying with is "what would a classic figure look like in the future?"  For example I have a toon that is an homage to the Shadow, and one of his looks is what I think the character might look like a 100-200 years in the future.  You could call it Future Classics or something.  You could do it with any figure too.  What would a future cop look like? a Hulk? a Batman? an Inspector Gadget?  

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, CrashJupiter said:

Here are some of our winners from last night (we had screenshot problems -- sorry!)

Sorry about the screenshot problems!  I did manage to capture this - sorry the angle is a bit weird, I was hovering a distance behind and above the finalists.  Center is Gordon Ramses, 4th place in the homage category if I recall correctly. I don't remember who the others are.

screenshot_190912-18-46-22.jpg

Edited by Blackbird71
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, CrashJupiter said:

Winners from last week's GHOULS and GHOSTS theme:

L to R: Dulachan (Third), Titanic's Captain (Champion), Atomic Frankenstein (Fourth), and He's Dead Jim (Second)

Sorry I missed this one!  I was going to offer to bring The Evil Thriller back, not as a contestant but as entertainment.  Unfortunately, a power outage intervened.

Wait a minute, who's that in the background?  I have a doppelganger! :classic_biggrin:

Here are the winners from last week's CREEPIES AND CRYPTIDS contest:

XGDP8V8.jpg

And from this week's LET IT GLOW contest:

xn502XA.jpg

Usually, we get closer, better pictures, but this time, GM_Arcanum turned us all to trash:

FDLRLjc.jpg

Join us next week for a HALLOWEEN themed contest! We'll be handing out treats to everyone who attends!

Thank you to all who came out on Halloween for our 2 billion (we ended up handing out 2.4 billion) influence Halloween blowout! 

108 people attended at our best count, which meant approximately 1 out of 6 people logged in at the time participated in our contest! Thank you!

JCicG8h.jpg

Our finalists were: Missing Lincoln (4th), Edgar A. Poe (2nd), Goddess Regalia (1st), Spo0ker (3rd), and Fried Egg (5th).

aDbqUAg.jpg

For more pictures, CLICK HERE.

A remarkable coincidence, Edgar A. Poe ( @Armistead had to settle for that name on 10-30-19, since my alt has been _the_  Edgar Allan Poe on Excelsior since early June). I almost brought that one to the contest, but instead brought another alt. Imagine my chagrin when a nearly identical name and costume placed.

FWIW, Edgar Allan Poe, Dark Detective:

45007-20190614014803000000.jpg.79509cf0632719b7ff0fbd11b6e018cd.jpg

eap02.jpg

eap01(1).jpg