Giant Monster Paladin

Nericus

Well after a few days of hunting I managed to stumbled onto a Paladin event.

As far as I can tell:

1. it appears to be a timed event,  like in the old days

2. If you are in the northwest area of KR the Paladin health meter may appear on screen but that doesn't guarantee it is spawned as the meter in the popup window did NOT drop when we fought him. IT still showed 100 health after he was downed.

3. The map will show marker for psionic emanator but they appear all over the place and if you leave the area of KR the map marker and health window for paladin disappear from screen.

4. If his health window appears and there is property damage occurring then he is spawned, search the entire area, the alleyways the parks, etc. and with luck you find him.

5. The Shining Stars are also attacked by a group of Clockwork called Knight Errant.  No apparent bonus for rescuing the Shining Stars, but beating Paladin gives merits, badge and a temp power to summon a Knight Errant, good for 5 uses. 

Good hunting!

Ran Pally twice last night and learned a lot.  Here's some additional adds/clarifications

1.) He runs every 20 minutes after the last Paladin is defeated.

2.) The pop up window for Paladin only occurs in the Hyde Park neighborhood.

3.) I don't think there is a way to stop him from doing property damage...I think it's more a function of stopping the Psionic Emanators before he does the 10K in damage.  No idea what bonus if any you get

4.) Once you've defeated the 12 emanators, Paladin will start rampaging...He does not rampage in the same place each time

5.) If you go save the shining stars (they are now shown on the map as a orange dot in front of the KR Bank in Hyde Park) they can help you fight Paladin if you lure over to them

6.) If have seen 3 behaviors for Paladins Health Window

• It stays at a 100% even after he is defeated for a while (super annoying)
  • It starts at 0% even when he is at full health (villain annoying)
  • Or it actually ticks down from 100 based on Pally's health (appropriate behavior).  In this case, if you defeat him, you'll get a 20 min timer popup

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Hmmm interesting, a twenty minute respawn and yet the health meter is bugged....

Remember back in the day the paladin was built in three spots and if not stopped there could be three of them rumbling through Kings row?

Now we have him spawning apparently every twenty minutes after being defeated, but a buggy health bar.....unless perhaps the twenty minute respawn is occurring regardless of the previous one being beaten or not and we may have multiple paladin's or the system thinks there is when there isn't and thus the Heath bar gets bugged.

Also the psi emanators kept showing as dots all over the Kings row map but if you leave the hyde Park area, the dot and health meter disappear.

Also I have seen no giant monster alert messages from the system about paladin spawning in KR.

I see them for croatoa, war walker, ghost ship, adamaztor, deathsurge, scrapyard, even Caleb and the flyer, jurassik and Babbage. None for paladin.

Also if the shining stars are just standing around.and not under attack then paladin is likely not around

Remember back in the day the paladin was built in three spots and if not stopped there could be three of them rumbling through Kings row?

Up until last night, I was still combing those 3 spots...nothing in the i25 patch notes or Paragon Wiki about the new behavior...

Now we have him spawning apparently every twenty minutes after being defeated, but a buggy health bar.....unless perhaps the twenty minute respawn is occurring regardless of the previous one being beaten or not and we may have multiple paladin's or the system thinks there is when there isn't and thus the Heath bar gets bugged.

The only time I see the 20 min timer is under 2 conditions...One is the Pop Window correctly shows Pally's health, and Two, immediately after defeat.  I think it is every twenty minutes...but honestly the behavior is so buggy, I would put real coin on it

Also the psi emanators kept showing as dots all over the Kings row map but if you leave the hyde Park area, the dot and health meter disappear.

I have never seen the emanators on the map...huh, maybe I just never checked...But the entire event...from emanators...to Pally doing damage...to sea to Shining Stars, all occur in Hyde Park...it's a pretty contained event.

Also I have seen no giant monster alert messages from the system about paladin spawning in KR.

It's probably for the best, if he really spawns every 20 minutes...Maybe just broadcast alert in KR's itself would be nice.

Also if the shining stars are just standing around.and not under attack then paladin is likely not around

I don't think so...Paladin spawns a couple block away from the Shining Stars.  You have to lure him over to them to get them to engage...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

The emanator dots I saw on the map were way South of the hyde Park area. Leave that area and the dot and health bar disappear.

Possible team effort to get the emanators....one stays in the area and marks the spot on map with thumb tack?

The shining stars: I shall clarify my above statement, I have been In Hyde Park with paladin health meter up, but no property damage bar showing.  They are standing in their designated spot doing nothing and not being attacked by the knight errants. No knight errants are there, so I think that is indication of either a bug or paladin was beaten but the reset/repawn didn't happen. I checked that spot another time when there was a health meter and no shining stars

Perhaps the paladin event should be reverted back to it's original form?

The shining stars: I shall clarify my above statement, I have been In Hyde Park with paladin health meter up, but no property damage bar showing.  They are standing in their designated spot doing nothing and not being attacked by the knight errants. No knight errants are there, so I think that is indication of either a bug or paladin was beaten but the reset/repawn didn't happen. I checked that spot another time when there was a health meter and no shining stars

My apologies, I really wasn't clear.  I think your scenario is true some times, and other times, it's because people already took out the Knight's Errant and then moved onto the Paladin.  Since he doesn't spawn next to the shining stars, he can be defeated without them ever engaging him.  Or I am sure, since Paladin is a Giant Monster, but DOESN'T have a zone event, people may free the shining stars and then give up paladin

Perhaps the paladin event should be reverted back to it's original form?

I'm fine with the current event, but I would love it if, if they fixed the glitches in the pop up window AND let you close it if needed...

I like the current event also, but it is a bit messed up.  If they cannot correct it, then perhaps reverting it is possible?

Or modify it so that paladin spawns at the same frequency as jack, eochai and other Giants, remove the health bar, and remove the psychic emanators.

Up until last night, I was still combing those 3 spots...nothing in the i25 patch notes or Paragon Wiki about the new behavior...

There would've been something fleshed out on Paragon Wiki had Issue 24 gone live. Instead, the new event is buried in the beta patch notes here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2012-08-08_Beta#Kings_Row

and here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2012-08-23_Beta#Events

It was also updated on the VidiotMaps print-out map here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:Kings_Row_VidiotMap.png

There would've been something fleshed out on Paragon Wiki had Issue 24 gone live. Instead, the new event is buried in the beta patch notes here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2012-08-08_Beta#Kings_Row

and here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2012-08-23_Beta#Events

It was also updated on the VidiotMaps print-out map here:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:Kings_Row_VidiotMap.png

Well let the horse out, close the barn door, and call me behind the times...NOW YOU TELL ME??????

Seriously...thanks Blondeshell, this is helpful information and explains why the window is so buggy (it's a beta feature that wasn't fully realized and was still released).  The only miss with this information (oddly enough, give your passion for maps) is the "Zone Event" location on the VidiotMap.  That's the location of the Shining Stars, but not the Paladin...I know, because I've tried a dozen times to track paladin using that exact same vidiotmap and it always leads to exactly where the Shining Stars are...

Seriously...thanks Blondeshell, this is helpful information and explains why the window is so buggy (it's a beta feature that wasn't fully realized and was still released).  The only miss with this information (oddly enough, give your passion for maps) is the "Zone Event" location on the VidiotMap.  That's the location of the Shining Stars, but not the Paladin...I know, because I've tried a dozen times to track paladin using that exact same vidiotmap and it always leads to exactly where the Shining Stars are...

Glad it helped. Yeah, the VidiotMap was the first best attempt I could make at documenting what the new event was to be. I'm sure it would have been tweaked/corrected if I'd had more time to investigate the live version. At least it's closer to reality than the old Clockwork Construction event.

• 4 weeks later
On 7/14/2019 at 1:06 PM, Nericus said:

Hmmm interesting, a twenty minute respawn and yet the health meter is bugged....

I see them for croatoa, war walker, ghost ship, adamaztor, deathsurge, scrapyard, even Caleb and the flyer, jurassik and Babbage. None for paladin.

I like old non-event way.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

So is there any clarification of how to spawn the paladin currently?

I was in High Park yesterday killing clockwork on rooftops that were zapping power boxes. I was thinking that could trigger it. it did not

Or do you still have to go to the old Vidiot map locations outside the event area throughout kings row and kill the relevant clockwork. Then go back to the High Park area to see if the event bar has the cause mayhem notifications etc.. on the event panel

He spawns every 20 min in Hyde Park in King's Row...If the pop-up doesn't appear, you are in that 20 min window...Once the Pop-Up appears you have to defeat 12 Psychic Emanators (they spawn after the 20 min is up in Hyde Park) and then you can fight Paladin...He usually spawns just a little west (100/200 yds??) of the spot that will appear on your map (that's where the Shining Stars are)...

• Thanks 1