Lower the population cap of Atlas Park

Oddly enough, last night on Torch, there was an Atlas 2 and Atlas 3. This was around 9-10 pm. I went into AP3, because I always choose the highest instance, and it was dead. No one was at the P2W vendor and maybe one person near Ms. Liberty. I was surprised it was a ghost town.

Well the other 50% of the time I see 2 instances available.  I'm going to start always picking the higher one going forward.

Maybe in your example the zone had just opened?  I mean someone has to be first in a new instance, right?

That could very well be, but I would assume if a new instance was needed it would be AP [1], since the original AP wasn't there. I don't know how shard creation/maintenance works because for the longest time, there was only a PI 4. when the game was live, I never remember there NOT being an original zone - not numbered.

I've just found it easier to choose the highest and I tell my teammates always pick the highest zone when exiting so there's no confusion as to where we are. I tend to find the highest to be least populated. But, that could just be my luck :)

That could very well be, but I would assume if a new instance was needed it would be AP [1], since the original AP wasn't there. I don't know how shard creation/maintenance works because for the longest time, there was only a PI 4. when the game was live, I never remember there NOT being an original zone - not numbered.

Could be that AP1 still existed when AP3 was spawned, and then AP1 somehow emptied out.

However, this could be mitigated by encouraging people not to crowd around Ms. Liberty. Maybe limit her ability to train to the first few levels, after which players should seek out BAB. Or add a new trainer maybe inside City Hall?;

As i said even waaaaay back on Live ... Trainers need to be given a high-magnitude but short-radius Repulsion effect.  Literally, shove people out to just beyond the trainer's arms' length, creating a clear space for people to see and click on them.

And to avoid having fliers crowd in from above and cover that clear space ... add in a double-radius high-magnitude -Fly effect.

You want to train up?  Stand a few feet away - or be put a few feet away.  Problem solved. :)

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Oftentimes when I am travelling through AP, my game freezes for a moment as I approach the plaza to load all of the people that are there, and as you get closer to the population mass, say to talk to Ms. Liberty, I am sure that some people's computers are straining to run everything.

The power suppression bubble around Ms. Liberty seems like a good idea to me.  A simple bubble, 40-50 feet in every direction.  That would still give people plenty of space to fly or jump to the top of Atlas' globe and City Hall while shutting down the minions and auras and whatever other FX that would hinder people trying to get to Ms. Liberty for training or whatever else.

I would also have zero problem with them taking the tailor option away from Ms. Liberty.

Icon is across the park/grass area behind City Hall.  Fix your costumes there.

How about an alternate version of AP called Atlas Park Hunt. It wouldn't have a Ms Liberty or a P2W vendor. It would only be accessible by train or base portal (and maybe Ouro portal), so that new characters can't enter the game there. Then people can go when they have hunt missions and the occasionally frustrating tip mission.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

However, this could be mitigated by encouraging people not to crowd around Ms. Liberty. Maybe limit her ability to train to the first few levels, after which players should seek out BAB. Or add a new trainer maybe inside City Hall?;

As i said even waaaaay back on Live ... Trainers need to be given a high-magnitude but short-radius Repulsion effect.  Literally, shove people out to just beyond the trainer's arms' length, creating a clear space for people to see and click on them.

And to avoid having fliers crowd in from above and cover that clear space ... add in a double-radius high-magnitude -Fly effect.

You want to train up?  Stand a few feet away - or be put a few feet away.  Problem solved. :)

I don't know if that would really solve anything...You'd still all of those people with in a pretty tight space...A little bigger...instead of the circle around her being 2 ft across, it would 5 ft across...I am not sure what the "touch" distance is...but you have to be pretty close...

EDIT: Just tested...14 ft is the maximum difference you can be to "touch" an NPC...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

good lord, yes.

My client crashed the other day when I was just happen to cross from a mish in Atlas park to get to the train. flying over Ms. Liberty, there was a Yuge crowd that first slowed my frames down then boom.

Also had the trouble of trying to click Ms. Liberty past all the toons. One time some bozo put a field or something right next to Ms. Liberty and there was no way for you to click her -- you'd click on the buff or something instead.

I don't know what they even do there. Most of them are just standing around. Some are obviously too far to interact with her. Removing the customise costume option seem like a good idea. Or have her be level specific, like only 15 or 20 below can access her. Everyone else goes to the other guy Blue Steel(?) near the west side. He's not getting much love.

I don't know what they even do there. Most of them are just standing around. Some are obviously too far to interact with her. Removing the customise costume option seem like a good idea. Or have her be level specific, like only 15 or 20 below can access her. Everyone else goes to the other guy Blue Steel(?) near the west side. He's not getting much love.

Back Alley Brawler is over in Argosy Industrial on the W side.

Removing the costume change functionality from Ms. Liberty addresses the likely crux of the problem -- once you log in the first time, you've got five additional costume slots to tweak out, and with all of the choices available to you, that can easily take a half hour or more... and Ms. Liberty is right there for you to do it with. I don't see that making people cross Atlas Plaza to go to Icon for their costume updates is particularly onerous (for level 1/2 characters, the run to BAB and back can be chancy, particularly with a new player unsure of how to jump up the retaining wall to BAB's east to get back to the center of AP). And it means that new players who learn that Ms. Liberty is where you change your costume(s) -- and don't learn about the Icon tailors and the other trainers who can, too -- will learn about them. Particularly if they can add "how do I alter my costume?" to the list of "what other things can I do" questions, with Ms. Liberty pointing players to the Icon tailor across the street from the hospital.

I've been observing AP the past few days because of this thread. The people who seem to populate AP Plaza the most... higher level people standing around talking in local about inane stuff. Last night I watched a group of 6 level 30+ 10 feet from Ms. Liberty talking about pokemon, their costumes, KFC, and a bunch of other stupid stuff.

Here's an idea to help reduce the lag in AP Plaza... go somewhere else ike Pocket D or your SG base if all you are gonna do is stand around. Then again it's easier to complain and ask for changes to the code instead of actually doing something about it.

At one point one of them even said "Man it got laggy there for a minute..."