Went to Kallisti Wharf today...

Saw the traffic tornado, funny. Nice looking Zone, does anyone know what it's purpose was going to be? Seems like it was either going to be a Co-op Zone or something like that ( the way it is divided by the bay ). Actually Harvey Maylor assigned me a door mission there a while back so it is in Queue to be a potential mission location from some contacts at this point.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I believe it was going to be a co-op zone focused on The Coming Stormtm.  These days its used for the one finished trial, Market Crash, and for costume contests without the Atlas Lag.  (Since noobs can take a train there and not get one shot by anything.)

Nice looking Zone, does anyone know what it's purpose was going to be? Seems like it was either going to be a Co-op Zone or something like that ( the way it is divided by the bay ).

On the Lore AMA the following questions covered Kallisti Wharf.

347, 385, 397

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted

Were there actual plans for a moonbase?

MM: I approved art dailies from it on the last day of the studio. :( Issue 28.

RG: The funny thing is, our database had a value called MOONBASE that basically represented a build that didn’t exist in the system yet. It was a running gag that we would always be planning a moonbase, but it would never actually come to fruition. The plan for Issues 25-28 were the moment we hunkered down and said, “We’re actually going to do it this time!” We were... wrong.

A bit off topic. But I was browsing through this again and man.. That bolded line really tugged at my heart strings.

I am glad to have the game back, but it is still something else to think about where it'd be today if it was never shuttered.

It looks like Capture the Flag or King of the Hill map to me.

Zone is symmetrical, one side is shiny and bright for heroes, the other side industrial and grimy for villains.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Nice looking Zone, does anyone know what it's purpose was going to be? Seems like it was either going to be a Co-op Zone or something like that ( the way it is divided by the bay ).

On the Lore AMA the following questions covered Kallisti Wharf.

347, 385, 397

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted

unrelated but is there any lore ama around mot especially how diabolique came to control him or even about the trial itself? I noticed it had a "berserk eclipse" feel especially once inside mot.

unrelated but is there any lore ama around mot especially how diabolique came to control him or even about the trial itself? I noticed it had a "berserk eclipse" feel especially once inside mot.

Click the link, and do a CTRL-F and you can search around...it's very well indexed...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Were there actual plans for a moonbase?

MM: I approved art dailies from it on the last day of the studio. :( Issue 28.

RG: The funny thing is, our database had a value called MOONBASE that basically represented a build that didn’t exist in the system yet. It was a running gag that we would always be planning a moonbase, but it would never actually come to fruition. The plan for Issues 25-28 were the moment we hunkered down and said, “We’re actually going to do it this time!” We were... wrong.

A bit off topic. But I was browsing through this again and man.. That bolded line really tugged at my heart strings.

I am glad to have the game back, but it is still something else to think about where it'd be today if it was never shuttered.

On the plus side, closing it meant NCSoft didn't get to ruin it with microtransactions and pay to win horse crap.  They were on the way, but it died before they made it a skinner box like all the rest.  We may not have such fond feelings if that had happened.

Buuuut.  We do need that moonbase.    :D

Hey Chance, just checking in on you...did you get sucked into the world of Lore AMA?  I couldn't stop reading them the first I found it

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Next to FF, I think that KW is one of the most beautiful areas in the game. The GREAT thing is that it is ripe for developing and adding everything, something that never happened because of the shutdown. With so many amazing people who love this game and who are good at figuring out the spaghetti code, I look forward to the future of KW. 

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

Would a trickle of new Contacts and Missions in Kallisti Wharf be an attainable goal? I presume The Coming Storm is more than the Homecoming devs should be expected to chase.

Sure it’s an attainable goal, but in the 6 years this was a secret server, all we got was the one TF.  Not just in Kallista, but in the entire game (content wise).

What would be more exciting would be if we can start writing new content.  Perhaps even help develop new maps, new contacts, and maybe new enemies.

The Khalisti Office tileset in Architect Entertainment is really snazzy and modern looking and I'd love to see it used in future contacts.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

Next to FF, I think that KW is one of the most beautiful areas in the game. The GREAT thing is that it is ripe for developing and adding everything, something that never happened because of the shutdown. With so many amazing people who love this game and who are good at figuring out the spaghetti code, I look forward to the future of KW.

That's a great idea.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I'd almost rather see it left in it's pristine state.  It's nice to have such a beautiful spot to enjoy in peace, and that can be used for public player gatherings without interruptions.  Mobs on the streets would ruin the experience.

But I suppose leaving it untouched would be considered a waste of space.

What would be more exciting would be if we can start writing new content.  Perhaps even help develop new maps, new contacts, and maybe new enemies.

There's the portal corps https://corps.ouro-comdev.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

That’s awesome.  It’s not for me as I am not that creative.  But I am hoping we can start encouraging more and more people to crowd source content creation.  I am glad the tools are centralized like that.

Sure it’s an attainable goal, but in the 6 years this was a secret server, all we got was the one TF.  Not just in Kallista, but in the entire game (content wise).

You got a bit more than that.  Finishing the zone, physically, took no small amount of effort.

In the mean time, you have projects for various things going on and various things "falling over" and needing fixing.

You also have multiple projects partially implemented or tried, failed and dropped as well.

Honestly?  The BIGGEST beneficiary of the last 7 years has been BASES.

Go look at the base editor as it exists NOW and tell me multiple kilo-buttloads of work didn't go into that.

With a sufficiently large and trusted dev crew?  Sure.  Things can speed up.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

You got a bit more than that.  Finishing the zone, physically, took no small amount of effort.

In the mean time, you have projects for various things going on and various things "falling over" and needing fixing.

You also have multiple projects partially implemented or tried, failed and dropped as well.

Honestly?  The BIGGEST beneficiary of the last 7 years has been BASES.

Go look at the base editor as it exists NOW and tell me multiple kilo-buttloads of work didn't go into that.

With a sufficiently large and trusted dev crew?  Sure.  Things can speed up.

Hyperstrike, by no means am I diminishing the work of the Dev's...They have done amazing work - removing the microtransactions while still provide those elements in the game, bases, powersets, AT, badges, echo zones, the AH, etc...What they have done, for a small, all volunteer crew is nothing short of amazing...

And you bring up a good point, which is all the time spent learning lessons by trying things out that ultimately didn't work out...

Content is so broad - new story arcs, new TF's?  Low level, mid level, high level, incarnate?  Blueside, Redside, Goldside?  Beyond just the storylines, can we get new enemy factions, new types of maps?  The matrix there is really, really broad...And what's going to be most requested are new high level TF's for Blueside and Incarnates.  So "the Devs" if they are trying to appeal to the broadest part of the community they will be ignoring a lot of content requests...So how does it grow?  With more than just "Devs" and pulling in more and more of the community to do the work...