** Art Request Thread **

11 hours ago, biostem said:

Upon seeing someone else's commission in this section of the forum, I had Kaninchenbau do a piece for me.  Here is said piece:

Hey great for you Biostem, how about you post it in one of the two threads made for sharing

commissions or even start your own thread? Showing off a full color, head to toe, paid commission

in a thread where people are taking time out of their day to do free art for others in the community while

also asking for free art yourself... it's at the very least inconsiderate. You are certainly not doing yourself any favors. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

• Like 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

8 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Hey great for you Biostem, how about you post it in one of the two threads made for sharing

commissions or even start your own thread? Showing off a full color, head to toe, paid commission

in a thread where people are taking time out of their day to do free art for others in the community while

also asking for free art yourself... it's at the very least inconsiderate. You are certainly not doing yourself any favors. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

*Post moved*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, Darth Delicious said:

Oooh fresh meet for artists to draw! Thanks for adding @biostem!

No, thank you! 🤩

Hit 'n Run has decided to form a squad of her own, (I know Ninjas aren't the best MM set, but her bow is kind of important 😛)

hit 'n run ninjas saluting.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting your references!

To be clear - I have a feeling the purpose of this thread is being misunderstood , so just a short explanation here, in case my feeling is right ☺️ - :

40 minutes ago, blizzardhand3 said:

If someone is requesting then, I'll have Starheat's reference:

Actually, you are the one requesting (free) art of your character by putting in your references right here 🙂 .
As it says in the first post of this thread by the creator:

Essentially it's a place where you can post a reference shot of your hero and a brief note or

two about them and maybe have a chance to get score some free fan artz

and:

Don't expect anything, that way you will be pleasantly surprised if you are chosen.

So anyone who puts in references of their City of Heroes characters is requesting free art from any artist willing to make it.
It may or may not happen. And if it does happen, you will have no choice in the artist or the style or pose.
(You can however mention restrictions with the references; for example that you don't want any nude art of your characters. The artist will have to respect that.)

Fingers crossed! 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DDLU21.jpg.d32d788cc9a9ad28e1d0bd53f83c1e5d.jpg

• 2 weeks later
On 9/27/2019 at 6:23 AM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

I really love this toon; she broke my inverse alt-itis, and I think her look is pretty fun, so

Missing Cat

TUxuXJP3_o.jpg

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

@Darth Delicious assures me this is a real request that makes sense to her and is not some next level

art trolling so absent a response from MBM I will work from that premise and

draw something for Missing Cat now that I have some free time.

• Like 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

Have you ever seen that thing where a kid draws a black dot on a white page and someone asks what is

that supposed to be and the kid says "It's a Polar Bear in a snowstorm" and then the kid laughs at his clever joke?

This just struck me as a reverse of that.

It's like a black cat... in an all black outfit... standing in the dark (in one of the refs) with glowing green eyes.

Soooo this?

GqGctYR1_o.jpg

Since this is the CoH community I will give the benefit of the doubt

though and work up a silhouette to go with it and see what MBM thinks.

More to come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

Have you ever seen that thing where a kid draws a black dot on a white page and someone asks what is

that supposed to be and the kid says "It's a Polar Bear in a snowstorm" and then the kid laughs at his clever joke?

This just struck me as a reverse of that.

It's like a black cat... in an all black outfit... standing in the dark (in one of the refs) with glowing green eyes.

Soooo this?

GqGctYR1_o.jpg

Since this is the CoH community I will give the benefit of the doubt

though and work up a silhouette to go with it and see what MBM thinks.

More to come!

@Christopher Robin Apologies for the misunderstanding ^^ yes, the all-blackness and absence of light is kinda the theme for the character (the "polar bear in a snowstorm" example isn't far off!), and I thought she'd be kinda neat to draw since she's essentially a silhouette (with spooky eyes). Sorry, didn't mean to mislead :]

Haha, I love it! You have captured her essence perfectly, thank you 😄

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:10 PM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

Omg, she's beautiful 😻

Thank you so much! She is so wonderfully eerie in this piece, and it's just perfect ❤️

@Midnight Blue Mage glad you really like her and sorry I doubted you.

Nice avatar too. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 9/27/2019 at 4:23 AM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

I really love this toon; she broke my inverse alt-itis, and I think her look is pretty fun, so

Missing Cat

Okay, I LOVE that name/look combo. That's heckin brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

I am making a request for my nearly 18yr old daughter! Her birthday is next month and I know she would love art of her favorite toon ! I present to you Mystic Foreshadow, the color was really hard to get in the screenshot, I will TRY to update this with the costume file asap for better reference. Its a teal-ish color from what I can see.

screenshot_191008-23-11-47.jpg

• Like 1

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

I know there was a time back on live when people posting requests got artz within days (or sometimes even hours) of their requests.

I did over 100 of them myself and there was Bobby Aquitania, Pirate Cashoo, Eddy Swan and many others along with

me giving freely but that may have been a unique point in history that may never come again.

It's unreasonable to expect that now as it's very much a fledgling operation. Heck I only got them to create

an art section for us to post in within the last 3 months. There was here nothing here when I arrived.

And while I am trying to get more artists here, help out wherever I can and welcome everyone as they arrive it's still early days.

Even though there are 10 artists here that have announced their presence (and several more I suspect in stealth mode 07K1tHnz_o.png)

only TemerousNox (a.k.a. ZemyaSoldat), Darth Delicious and I have completed free gift artz in this thread thus far.

Tem is out for now with a hand injury, DD is busy with more hours at work and at least a half dozen paid commissions

waiting on her and I don't always have a lot of free time. When I do, I could spend it drawing but I could

also be playing the game (I only have 3 heroes so far and none above L24 and I haven't even

tried the Halloween stuff yet!) which I haven't done in more than a week.

And of course none of the artists present nor any to follow are obligated to do anything free for anyone else.

We all have jobs, families and often busy lives and bear in mind that if we are feeling creative we have

our friends/families/sgmates and our own heroes we could be drawing too. That is why I mention

in the OP and DD reiterated recently to please be patient, be polite and don't expect anything.

To anyone reading this your best bet is to be active in the community with comments and likes (we do notice),

be willing to wait and be supportive of the artists. Maybe in time more of them will dip their toes in here.

If none of the above appeals and you want something guaranteed or by a certain date you could always consider a commission.

While @Darth Delicious is full up right now, @Flashrains said in her thread she is open for comms, @battlewraith takes them

sometimes so you might PM him and I know @anOuroboros /Adrian has a "Commission Me"  button on this website here

with prices. Or you can always check the "Art Talk" thread for more suggestions and artists with sales running now.

• Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

P.S. Third paragraph shoutouts aside @battlewraith is cooking up an awesome gift artz as I write this.

It is unfinished at this point and was a complete surprise to me (and he chose the hero himself based on a sexy

Halloween theme rather than from refs or a request posted in this thread) or I would have mentioned it above as well.

Also I would be remiss if I didn't mention @QueenBethari and her costume request thread in which QueenBethari herself,

@biostem, @Oubliette_Red and I have all lent our time and creative talents to help people redesign their heroes.

While not drawn art this is definitely a gift to the community being done for free, I hope it's appreciated. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

I just thought my presence had made everyone head for the hills. It was meant as a joke, and how quickly it became quiet in this thread after I posted. Prior to that, there were discussions and fun comments. I was in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM pushing for any artist to jump on any request left here. I was simply wondering where the witty banter and wonderful conversations went. I love the art section, and all the artists in here, and I completely understand that life, real life, takes priority 100%. 

Oh! Thanks for presenting Mystic Foreshadow there @EnnVee!
Sorry for not being very responsive on the forums lately. I do read most of the things in the art part of this forum, am just not feeling energized enough to respond >.<.
Indeed like CR said, my work hours are crazy atm, but there's light at the end of this tunnel of manual labor (building a garden house for a writer).
Working days from 9 in the morning to 10 in the evening O.o on many days, to get things done as quick as possible. On the others, I'm simply recovering by doing pretty much nothing at all and sleeping a bunch. But when it's all finished, I'm pretty sure I'll spend most of my time drawing, catching up on commissions and then hopefully still have time to do some other projects as well. *crosses fingers*

• Like 2

DDLU21.jpg.d32d788cc9a9ad28e1d0bd53f83c1e5d.jpg

1 hour ago, Darth Delicious said:

Oh! Thanks for presenting Mystic Foreshadow there @EnnVee!
Sorry for not being very responsive on the forums lately. I do read most of the things in the art part of this forum, am just not feeling energized enough to respond >.<.
Indeed like CR said, my work hours are crazy atm, but there's light at the end of this tunnel of manual labor (building a garden house for a writer).
Working days from 9 in the morning to 10 in the evening O.o on many days, to get things done as quick as possible. On the others, I'm simply recovering by doing pretty much nothing at all and sleeping a bunch. But when it's all finished, I'm pretty sure I'll spend most of my time drawing, catching up on commissions and then hopefully still have time to do some other projects as well. *crosses fingers*

I MISSED YOU !! *pouncehugs*

• Like 2