Sister Psyche's Oro arc for stalkers... 50 Merits an hour.

Frostweaver

8 minutes ago, Kurgan2 said:

Took my 25 stalker to Ouro tonight, did the intro arc from Pilgrim and the other menders... but when I go to a pillar my mission list stops are level 20-24. What do I need to do to access higher tiers?

Level up higher. Can’t flash back to a time you haven’t been to yet. 

6 hours ago, Kurgan2 said:

That begs the question, how did Frostweaver do it at 25? 🙂

Edit" Arc showed up when I hit 26, so question answered

I am pretty sure I did it at 25.  I went directly to Twighlight's Son for the mission (not the Pillar).  Once I had done it once it showed up in the Pillar.  Paragon Wiki lists it as level 25 as well.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Twilight's_Son_Task_Force

This thread inspired me.  I keep fizzling on Stalkers, but the idea of soloing TFs seemed like a novel goal for me.  So I rolled a Savage/Ninja, because I hadn't tried those before.  Not optimal for the task, but it be what it be.

A quick DFB got me to level 8 for Positron 1.  Doc Buzzsaw was the only challenge.  She chained a few hard hits and it was off to the hospital for me.  But the Lucks I picked up there made her easy to finish.   Even my double wasn't trouble.  First stalker to assassinate always wins.  Weekly Task force bonus for my first merits.

Positron 2 was the proof of concept.  Rollister got rolled.  Predictably Doctor Upstairs-Medical-School was a vast increase in difficulty, because he ran off the bridge into trash mobs.  First try I got him to use his heal.  The second try he jumped off again, which resulted in a rain of bombies that I largely let deal with themselves.   AS proved to be what moved the battle foreward, and Catch a Breath was as important as Lucks.

I tried Synapse at 17, but the first mission was filled with 21s so I filled time with another Positron 1, Paladin and a double feature.  I went back to Synapse at 20 and breezed through to the King, ignoring Babbage.  The King ran around more than Doc Zombiebarf, which agro'd the Clockroaches I hadn't wanted to bother with till after.  Two hospital trips and mailing myself some Lucks to get past my miserable 10 inspiration limit I was able to smash the pedo brain in a jar.  That got me the merits for the Chance for Hide proc to stick in AS, which has proven to be a workhorse.

Time for Clamor.  I figured Yin was short, so I ran that version first.  Her debuffs floored my Def once they landed making the fight impossible.  Psyche wasn't available til 26, so I filled time with running Posi 2 for the new Weekly Task force bonus, then a layup with Twilight's Son and a run for Peeble's wedding band for tough spots.  Psyche took me and hour and twenty, but the lower hp made EB Clamor easy to out smash even with my defense trashed.  Got my second ATO afterwards.

Citadel TF is a daunting prospect.   A long slog followed by and AV with tohit debuffs.  I may farm merits and levels before sucking it up and chasing Requiem.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:55 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’m not a merit hunter by nature, but being able to solo a TF is a game changer.  Was that ever enabled in Live or is this just a Homecoming thing?

I'm half certain that back on live, it was due to Sister Psyche's original TF becoming Ouroboros material, so it was now subject to solo rules (AV downgrade to EB, for example)

Edited by Ideon
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 4:55 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’m not a merit hunter by nature, but being able to solo a TF is a game changer.  Was that ever enabled in Live or is this just a Homecoming thing?

On live you could get a team to help you start any TF then they leave and you solo it.

Solo ITFs were kind of popular for a while, and soloing the Recluse / Statesman TFs were something permadoms liked to brag about.

16 minutes ago, GavinRuneblade said:

On live you could get a team to help you start any TF then they leave and you solo it.

Solo ITFs were kind of popular for a while, and soloing the Recluse / Statesman TFs were something permadoms liked to brag about.

Yeah, on Live I would do this all the time.  But I didn't stick with Live until sunset so I was wondering if the original devs ever allowed solo TFs or if this is purely a Homecoming thing.

Who run Bartertown?

16 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Yeah, on Live I would do this all the time.  But I didn't stick with Live until sunset so I was wondering if the original devs ever allowed solo TFs or if this is purely a Homecoming thing.

so far as I know, purely a Homecoming thing. But I could be wrong.

Complete noob here who played the old game for years without figuring a lot of things out.

Earning merits on my own sounds like heaven.  I have no other notion of how to do that.  So I tried the Sister Psyche thing.  I also tried the other poster's Who Will Die #1.

Maybe you experts can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

On Who Will  Die #1: I completed it.  I got nothing.  No merits, just an invitation to start #2.

On the Sister Psyche TF: After I finished the second mission, all I have is "Mission Completed," which won't go away.  I don't know how to advance to the third mission.

I made a KM/SR stalker primarily so that I could do the Who Will Die #1 in under 10 mins. I have blaster, scrapper and tanks that can make short work of the run when they exemplar down, but they still get waylaid at certain mobs that aren't integral to complete the mish. With the Stalker, I just Hide all the way to the end boss/Lieutenants and defeat them to end each part. As a Stalker, I only have to take-on maybe 10 enemies along the entire 3 mish story arc and 6 of those are the 3rd mish/end of the arc. Sometimes I'll do that arc while having breakfast before I go into work. Not bad for 20 merits! It takes me almost as long to scoop up 5 merits doing exploration badges in some zones.

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

22 hours ago, Con Cac said:

Ixve been following this post but not sure what type of stalker if the best for this solo TF. Can some post a build for stalker that they would recommend for this merits mining TF? Thank you

For Sister P? I'd think /energy would be a good choice assuming you attune enough of your defense bonuses to be s/l/energy softcapped. but really any stalker could blast through this, that'd just be if you were wanting to run it x8 and/or +level. 

Ideally, you want a primary that can get a big crit out of hide, a fast attack to build assassination, and then a critted AS to deal with bosses quickly and with a minimum of fuss. I figure just about every primary can do it, although I wouldn't want to mess around with claws or rad.

Remember that this is not about being a bad mofo, You run the things at -1/0 to maximize speed... the payoff is the merits at the end.

As far as secondaries are concerned, I think just about anything would work.

I found and read this thread with great enthusiasm. I just want to be clear on this. You can select this story arc and it doesn't require a minimum team size? I can run this at any notoriety setting  and still get the same merits? Is there something I am missing here? Sounds too good to be true.

well, look, you can run a fire farm brute or scrapper, or a farming (gods I wish I knew how they did it) blaster and earn about 100 million inf per hour. Using that inf, you can get ten super packs and average at LEAST 50 merits per ten packs opened. Plus you get ATO's, or you can spring for winter packs, get less merits, but get winter IO's that average 20 million inf as well as scads of other items that would normally cost you buku merits.

You will ALSO average a purple an hour, which is worth about a hundred merits. especially if you use the recipe, build the IO, and then use maybe 2 mil in converters to make it into the one YOU want. Total cost? maybe 4 mil, total value? 20 mil or more depending on whether or not you need it more than you want to sell it.

To do this, you need a fire farmer... I built my fire farmer SOLO to level 50 in less than 8 experience doubler hours, worked her up to being able to solo +4/8 content (while gulping insp) in the NEXT 8 played hours, and over the next 8 hours I completely finished her high-efficiency, EXTREMELY expensive and utterly health and end neutral build.... After that I could turn off all but reds, all recipes but very rares and pvp, and pretty soon hit vet 100 and turned off all exp too. anyone can do it.

I consider merit 'baseline' to be about 200k per merit. 100 merits can buy a recipe worth 20mil. In a very real way, Fire farmers earn the equivalent of six HUNDRED merits per hour.

The folks in charge KNOW about this... heck, they turned off burn flee specifically to make it easy.

You think, compared to that, 50 merits an hour is too good to be true? It's GOOD because stalkers can stealth and assassinate bosses at the end. Because Stalkers cannot fire farm. So it's a fantastic alternative to being forced into building a fire farmer... but it is definitely NOT too good to be true 😛

Edited by Frostweaver

I think you took my "too good to be true statement" as a criticism. I meant it, as this is great. Sort of getting a raise at work when you weren't expecting it. I ran it last night. I was way too slow, and too cautious. I can get a lot faster. I have a question. Does this suffer from the diminishing returns of the other TFs? Could I run it back to back and get a 100 merits? 

• 4 weeks later
6 hours ago, Con Cac said:

does anyone have a stalker build that they can share?

Since this is the Stalker Sub Forum, you are allowed to ask somewhat more precise.

Are you looking for a PVP or PVE build?

What Powersets you do like or dislike?

Will you be more Solo or in groups?

Are you willing to drop a billion into one single build or are you looking for a 'Budget' build?

If i had this information, i could make a build for you.