The homecoming of Sandolphan's MM Numpad binds!

Warlawk

First off. IMHO,  this should be Stickeyed.  Second,  I  wanted to say I've been using these binds   for a couple  weeks now  and They make things a lot easier  for me to  use and set up  especially  replacing my bots in the middle of a battle. So to the OP,  thanks  for sharing/setting up these binds

• Thanks 1

This a great keybind that I use all the time and before posted here I went back to the old forums to get them.

I like the addition of the pet summon and upgrades. 

Currently I am looking to rework my binds on this and will post here.

personally I never usually command separate pets to attacks separate targets. So keys 1, 2 and 3 for me are never used. 

It usually is all or nothing.  

So its mostly zero key for all followed by  4 to 9 key combinations. 

End result I might try to work 1 - 3 into some different set of commands.  I am going to see if I can create a goto me command if possible. Similar to summoning pets has the me target . 

EG " divide powexec_location me call genin" 

• 2 weeks later
20 minutes ago, Weylin said:

This is fantastic, but the necessity to take my hands off the mouse is a bit awkward for me.

I really need one of those mice with a ton of buttons on the side of it.

I got one of these, personally: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016ZF77OA

I find it works well, and has just enough buttons that I don't lose track. Also I mouse with a fingertip grip, which means I absolutely must have a place to grip the mouse with my thumb that isn't a button, so the radial design is perfect for me.

I know it's just a no-name Chinese company, but none of the big names (Logitech, Razer) had what I was looking for, since the Naga Hex is 7 buttons now.

Edited by kelly Rocket

It's simpler than it looks, @Mansome, for routine use. 🙂

The overwhelming majority of the time, I'm going 0, 6 (all, passive) when I've just summoned a bunch of pets and want to give them their upgrades, or 0, 5 (all, defensive) when I'm moving around and want them to follow, or 0, 4, 7 (all, aggressive, attack) when I've got them pointed at a target. Maybe 0, 9 (all, goto) when I want to park them somewhere when I'm crafting at the university, generally followed by my macro for "/petsayall <em PopDance>" because I'm very serious and earnest and don't do silly things in game.

What's nice is that all the fine control is right there at my fingertips, for those (for me) rare times it really matters to me. I love knowing that I can peel off specific pets for particular tasks at any time, and that it's easy to do - when it's panic time, the simpler the better.

By the way, for Mac users: if you take the stock /Applications/coh installation and a binds folder in it - /Applications/coh/binds , that is - the path to use with bindloadfile is:

z:/Applications/coh/binds/abindingname.txt

Also a great ease of use function is to use the binds as is and then if you have a gaming mouse with multiple buttons you can program just assign the numpad keystrokes to a couple of the buttons. I keep All attack and all all follow on my mouse and then for those times when I want to really finesse something it's all available right there at the numpad. Most of the time I don't need the full set of controls, but I like having them right there at my fingertips for when I do want them.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

• 1 month later

Has anyone else had troubles with Beast? I downloaded and unzipped the binds.rar and it works fine for Mercs, but when I use beast, I can summon my wolf but it does not respond to any commands. I haven't leveled up any so I don't know if any of the other pets or upgrades will work. I've attached the relevant files below

All.txt Beast.txt DireWolf.txt Lions.txt Wolves.txt

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:48 PM, BastionWalls said:

Has anyone else had troubles with Beast? I downloaded and unzipped the binds.rar and it works fine for Mercs, but when I use beast, I can summon my wolf but it does not respond to any commands. I haven't leveled up any so I don't know if any of the other pets or upgrades will work. I've attached the relevant files below

All.txt 200 B · 0 downloads Beast.txt 397 B · 0 downloads DireWolf.txt 270 B · 0 downloads Lions.txt 242 B · 0 downloads Wolves.txt 249 B · 0 downloads

Hmm. i don't see any glaring issues.   However, i don't use the keybinds so i can't really verify.    Is there any system errors printing out?  Just for the testing purposes.  change bindloadfilesilent to bindloadfile    That way you can make sure the files are loading correctly.   oh one more thing... does it matter with the Num-Lock off vs on?  you might see if it does.

Edited by SmalltalkJava

• 6 months later
On 8/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, Xhado said:

I love this. And it works wonders with my Necro.  My demons, however, don't work for me.  the Lt follows everyone's commands.  The demonlings just sit there like bumps on a log.  Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same issue.  Thugs works.  Beasts work.  Necro works.  But for Demons, can only get a response from the Lieuts/T2's.  Everyone else ignores the bind commands.

How did you fix it?  You said "remember the word Summon" but I'm not sure what that means?

EDIT: Never mind...I made the same mistake.  The Bind file to load is actually "Summon Demons" not "Demons" which is a reference to JUST the Lieuts.

Edited by Crysis
  • Like 1

BTW, and I’m surprised I never noticed this before, but nice bonus of these binds is they work on Lore Pets as well.  Example:  pressing Zero (all pets) and Four (Aggressive) in the prisoner escape portion of a BAF not only puts all your henchmen into Aggressive mode, but your Lore Pets also.

• 2 months later

What was the command/trick to summon a pet adjacent to your MM without having to click the location? 

I've been unable to find the post that mentioned this, even though I've been searching for quite a while! Thanks in advance for your help.

3 hours ago, RuleOfLaw said:

What was the command/trick to summon a pet adjacent to your MM without having to click the location? 

I've been unable to find the post that mentioned this, even though I've been searching for quite a while! Thanks in advance for your help.

Well this bind does that.. 

7 hours ago, RuleOfLaw said:

Bah, it was built into the basic numberkey binds all along. I just didn't read all the options that were there:

divide powexec_location me summon demonlings
multiply powexec_location me summon demons
subtract powexec_location me summon demon prince

• 3 weeks later

Have a strange bug using these macros.

I entered /bindloadfile "F:\COH\binds\beast.txt" 

When I want to load them I got an error message: Unable to read in keybind file: F:/COH/binds/beasts.txt

Edit: Cause of the error found: Mistyped the filename.

Edit2: still a problem there:

/ * + - enter commands are working fine. The 0 to 9 commands are not working at all. 

Edited by Seravajan
Cause of the error found.

• 1 month later

Ok, so new challenge with Mercs Spec Ops. I can summon with multiply, and equip w/addition, but he does not respond to any commands. If it is just him, I get a "Pet command fail, no pet matched power sold". If I have the soldiers out, they take all commands whether 1,2,or 3. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, BastionWalls said:

Ok, so new challenge with Mercs Spec Ops. I can summon with multiply, and equip w/addition, but he does not respond to any commands. If it is just him, I get a "Pet command fail, no pet matched power sold". If I have the soldiers out, they take all commands whether 1,2,or 3. Any thoughts?

Update: I think I have figured out that the problem is with the Soldiers. It seems like the 1,2,3 keys are somehow mapping to soldier which is why I'm getting the Pet command fail. 

Commando.txt Mercs.txt Soldiers.txt SpecOps.txt

Figured out what I was doing. If you are changing the path for your binds, make sure you change it in each of the files you load as well. Rookie mistake. Also, if you are making changes to your binds, make sure you clear your keybinds in Options, before reloading. 

On a separate note, has anyone tried to link emotes to the stances? I tried a couple of things, but as you see above, my Bind-Fu is weak 🙂. I could get one emote to work (for example: numpad9 petcom_all goto$$em point will get the emote and a reticle to send your pets), but adding a second emote to another key tends to screw everything up.

• 1 month later

Concerning adding an emote to the commands, here is an example of my All.txt file:

numpad4 petcom_all Aggressive
numpad5 petcom_all Defensive
numpad6 petcom_all Passive
numpad7 "petcom_all Attack$$em attack"
numpad8 "petcom_all Follow$$em stop"
numpad9 "petcom_all Goto$$em point"
lctrl+decimal "petcom_all Dismiss$$em salute"

This adds personal emotes to the attack, follow, goto, and dismiss commands.  I originally did this after some complaints long ago that I didn't appear to be doing much of anything!  Now players can see whenever I am issuing commands.  Plus it adds some character to my character.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later

Thanks to Warlawk for posting the guide here.  I thought I would add the bind chain version that was included in my original guide, as I noticed some players asking about it both on the forums and in game.  It was meant to get you up and running quickly and easily, but many of the subsequent referrals and posts have not included it.

If you don't want to mess with the text files version, you can simply copy/paste the AllPets bind and the three binds corresponding to your powerset into the chat window.  That will activate the numpad system, albeit with fewer customization options than the more advanced text files version.

ALL PETS:
/bind numpad0 “bind numpad4 petcomall agg$$bind numpad5 petcomall def$$bind numpad6 petcomall pass$$bind numpad7 petcomall att$$bind numpad8 petcomall fol$$bind numpad9 petcomall goto”

BEAST:
/bind numpad1 "bind numpad4 petcompow wolv agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow wolv def$$bind numpad6 petcompow wolv pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow wolv att$$bind numpad8 petcompow wolv fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow wolv goto"
/bind numpad2 "bind numpad4 petcompow lion agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow lion def$$bind numpad6 petcompow lion pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow lion att$$bind numpad8 petcompow lion fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow lion goto"
/bind numpad3 "bind numpad4 petcompow dire agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow dire def$$bind numpad6 petcompow dire pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow dire att$$bind numpad8 petcompow dire fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow dire goto"

DEMON:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow ling agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow ling def$$bind numpad6 petcompow ling pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow ling att$$bind numpad8 petcompow ling fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow ling goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow mons agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow mons def$$bind numpad6 petcompow mons pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow mons att$$bind numpad8 petcompow mons fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow mons goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow prin agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow prin def$$bind numpad6 petcompow prin pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow prin att$$bind numpad8 petcompow prin fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow prin goto”

MERCS:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow sold agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow sold def$$bind numpad6 petcompow sold pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow sold att$$bind numpad8 petcompow sold fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow sold goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow spec agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow spec def$$bind numpad6 petcompow spec pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow spec att$$bind numpad8 petcompow spec fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow spec goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow comm agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow comm def$$bind numpad6 petcompow comm pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow comm att$$bind numpad8 petcompow comm fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow comm goto”

NECRO:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow zomb agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow zomb def$$bind numpad6 petcompow zomb pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow zomb att$$bind numpad8 petcompow zomb fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow zomb goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow grav agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow grav def$$bind numpad6 petcompow grav pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow grav att$$bind numpad8 petcompow grav fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow grav goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow lich agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow lich def$$bind numpad6 petcompow lich pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow lich att$$bind numpad8 petcompow lich fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow lich goto”

NINJA:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow gen agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow gen def$$bind numpad6 petcompow gen pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow gen att$$bind numpad8 petcompow gen fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow gen goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow jou agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow jou def$$bind numpad6 petcompow jou pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow jou att$$bind numpad8 petcompow jou fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow jou goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow oni agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow oni def$$bind numpad6 petcompow oni pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow oni att$$bind numpad8 petcompow oni fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow oni goto”

ROBOT:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow batt agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow batt def$$bind numpad6 petcompow batt pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow batt att$$bind numpad8 petcompow batt fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow batt goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow prot agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow prot def$$bind numpad6 petcompow prot pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow prot att$$bind numpad8 petcompow prot fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow prot goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow assa agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow assa def$$bind numpad6 petcompow assa pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow assa att$$bind numpad8 petcompow assa fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow assa goto”

THUGS:
/bind numpad1 “bind numpad4 petcompow thug agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow thug def$$bind numpad6 petcompow thug pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow thug att$$bind numpad8 petcompow thug fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow thug goto”
/bind numpad2 “bind numpad4 petcompow enf agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow enf def$$bind numpad6 petcompow enf pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow enf att$$bind numpad8 petcompow enf fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow enf goto”
/bind numpad3 “bind numpad4 petcompow bru agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow bru def$$bind numpad6 petcompow bru pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow bru att$$bind numpad8 petcompow bru fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow bru goto”

Edited by Sandolphan
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

When heroes fail, the Angels will save you.

• 3 months later
  • 1 month later

I'm not sure if this is possible but I figured this is a good place to ask.  Or maybe it is there right in front of me and I just don't see it.

Can it be setup so that I select a specific named thug/enforcer  with one key and then make him Goto/Attack with another instead of all of the minions being given instructions too?