Time/Dual Pistols/Soul ... Yet Another "No Escape" Build

Redlynne

51 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Unrelated question - So the build looks awesome once you hit 50 and can slot the Hamis and so on, but what about until then (or if I exemp down)?  It'd be great to have access to this Tactics Madness at lower levels rather than taking it "right at the end" at 47.  I don't know Time or even DP all that well, so do you have any suggestions for something I could put off at lower levels to make room for them earlier?  I was thinking about switching places with Temporal Selection for Assault (as it's only slotted once in the finished build) at level 41 and then Suppressive Fire for Tactics at 47 as it's only slotted with a single Hami.  If I were to do so, would I be gimping my toon if I put off taking them until later, or are those two powers "ones you want the second they become available"?

Even if you move the power earlier in the build, you won't have all the slots for it until you get to 50 ... so the difference is how early you can access Tactics (and thus Gaussian's) when Exemplared.

As for whether that kind of power pick slot swap is "worth it" to you is really a question that only YOU can answer for you.  If it is ... do it ... on your build.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

So what chat channel do I watch to seed if a proc is firing?  I had a chance to do an MSR and after flipping through a few of them, I never did see the proc messages.,  Still had fun though!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

So what chat channel do I watch to seed if a proc is firing?  I had a chance to do an MSR and after flipping through a few of them, I never did see the proc messages.,  Still had fun though!

Depends on the type of proc. But if we're talking damage, I recommend having Damage Inflicted and Pet Damage Inflicted 

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

At some point in the last patch or two, the way Proc messages hit the Damage Inflicted categories changed. It used to say "Bonus Damage" to indicate the proc, but now it just follows up in a line after the power has been activated and its initial damage has been set, saying something like "Your [proc name] has done [damage]."

I would also include, along with Damage Inflicted, and Pet Damage Inflicted, the General Combat, and Pet General Combat, as you'll see a few notes pop up from those as well with certain procs that don't inflict physical damage. The combat rolls will show things like successful rolls of the procs for things like Force Feedback +Rech (but its actual hit will show up in combat general saying you've gotten boosted recharge). Panacea, Miracle, Numina, and Performance Shifter show up in the Healing Received and... one other (whichever category shows up blue, drawing a blank at the moment).

The easiest way to really check for this stuff is to just log your chats with the above damage categories added (in the options > window > chat logging) and you can go back and see where you activated, and what/when, without trying to chase through the log while playing. Doing something like that during an MSR would probably be super chaotic, and super easy to miss with heals and buffs constantly going off too. If you want a real-time purview, do a solo mission and watch per-attack so you can see as it happens.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
7 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Any updates to the build since all the PPM threads?  Could you post the latest?

I'm sure @Redlynneand I have a few builds floating around out there. Our variants would mostly be playstyle dependent, so if you can tell use what your build goals are and what your playstyle is, I'm sure someone can share with you something they have.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

• 3 months later
25 minutes ago, wheresmycow said:

So, I'm thinking of remaking my Time/Fire Defender into a Time/Pistol one, as Fire really wasn't doing it for me.  Going for the purple IO build, but I had a question: is it necessary to take Time Crawl?  Can I skip it for Fly?

You can. Personally, I rarely fit Time Crawl into a build. But at the same time, I rarely fit a travel power in a build. Usually just use what's available at P2W

36 minutes ago, wheresmycow said:

So, I'm thinking of remaking my Time/Fire Defender into a Time/Pistol one, as Fire really wasn't doing it for me.  Going for the purple IO build, but I had a question: is it necessary to take Time Crawl?  Can I skip it for Fly?

Time crawl and time stop are the easily skippable powers in time. You could also make an argument for skipping distortion field, but that is more useful than TC and TS. 

8 minutes ago, Darkir said:

Time crawl and time stop are the easily skippable powers in time. You could also make an argument for skipping distortion field, but that is more useful than TC and TS. 

I agree the argument can be made, but man is it such a nice power. Makes for a nice proc mule, you can easily stack it 2-3 times, and it's nice soft control with its massive recharge debuff and slow. Despite that, I agree it is probably the 3rd to last in terms of Time Manipulation set's useful powers.

1 hour ago, wheresmycow said:

is it necessary to take Time Crawl?

Necessary?  No, it's not necessary.

Useful?  Sure.  At low levels it basically neutralizes "hard-ish" $Targets for you (when it doesn't MISS).  At higher levels it boosts other Time powers for you through the Delayed mechanic.

1 hour ago, wheresmycow said:

Can I skip it for Fly?

Not at Level 1, but honestly if you wanted to swap anything for Fly, I'd recommend replacing Hover with Mystic Flight.

IifneyR.gif

8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Necessary?  No, it's not necessary.

Useful?  Sure.  At low levels it basically neutralizes "hard-ish" $Targets for you (when it doesn't MISS).  At higher levels it boosts other Time powers for you through the Delayed mechanic.

Not at Level 1, but honestly if you wanted to swap anything for Fly, I'd recommend replacing Hover with Mystic Flight.

Oh, that's a toughie, because I also don't want to lose the global recharge from the slotted Hover.  Hmm, gotta think hard on it.

8 minutes ago, wheresmycow said:

Oh, that's a toughie, because I also don't want to lose the global recharge from the slotted Hover.  Hmm, gotta think hard on it.

It's only +7.5% global recharge from a Luck of the Gambler.  You'll be getting more than that from Force Feedback procs to make up for the loss.

IifneyR.gif

33 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

It's only +7.5% global recharge from a Luck of the Gambler.  You'll be getting more than that from Force Feedback procs to make up for the loss.

True, and while I like Hover for getting around a map, Mystic Flight does the job too and it's not like it's that end heavy in a build like this.

13 hours ago, wheresmycow said:

True, and while I like Hover for getting around a map, Mystic Flight does the job too and it's not like it's that end heavy in a build like this.

Now you're thinking with gasps ... :classic_wink:

IifneyR.gif