Craft & Convert: Detailed Step-by-Step Guide

Shinobu

• 1 year later
  • 3 weeks later
On 2/14/2024 at 5:43 PM, Injunuity said:

how valid is this? with all the changes each page release that has come out with new enh's?

Lvl10 alt, currently purchased 2 sets of ATOs, a couple winter pieces, and holding 206mil inf on hand, yeah the guide works.  Need experience to identify the better selling IOs, and ride the waves when prices spike up, but even if you get a string of bad rerolls, you'll still come out ahead overall.  I saved a batch of sleep heal proc IOs when the news of the page 7 power sets came out, made a tidy sum selling those IOs at around 2mil each instead of 200-600k pre-Page 7.  That proc IO price has "normalized' since the initial rush, but like I said, you sell enough and you'll recognize opportunities.

There are more lucrative/stable AH methods to generate inf, but this one is particularly newbie friendly, and anyone at any point of the game can follow the guide, even a fresh lvl1 can start working on merits to generate the nest fund for the AH run - I did.

It'll just delay your leveling process because you spend time doing AH instead of missions, but I like being able to purchase whatever I want and save a stash of purples for lvl50.  I don't farm and mostly solo grind, so it's nice to have some shinies to look forward to as I go through the game.

--edit--

Up to 754 mil inf on hand, and 106 IOs on AH for sale, I'd be lvl50 if I joined farms, but as it is the alt is lvl20 and can proceed to play without a care.  I still don't have any farming alts, and haven't joined a farm session, the guide works.

Edited by windezz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later

I'm obviously misunderstanding something here (it is my superpower.) I crafted some orange IOs, but when I try to convert them out of set, the conversion window only lets me choose Uncommon rarity. I thought that was the whole point of getting rare IOs - turning them into better rare IOs in other sets.

49 minutes ago, Bacon Wrangler said:

I crafted some orange IOs, but when I try to convert them out of set, the conversion window only lets me choose Uncommon rarity.

Recipes have a rarity that is tied to their drop rate which may or may not match the enhancement set rarity when it comes to uncommon and rare set IOs. When converting enhancements, it's the enhancement set rarity that is important. The HC Wiki page for enhancement sets at this link is a good resource to determine set rarity.

For example, Kinetic Crash is an uncommon knockback enhancement set and the enhancements in that set are treated as uncommon for conversion purposes. The Kinetic Crash: Knockback/Damage/Accuracy recipe (and the enhancement it makes) is considered a rare (orange) recipe, but it will convert as an uncommon because of the set to which it belongs.

• Thanks 2