Base Request Items

pheeonix

Hey all, new to this thread so forgive me if my questions/requests are redundant. Out of curiosity, is anyone on the Homecoming team dedicated to the base builder? It's one of my favorite aspects of the game and I would love to see it updated over time.

My requests:

1. A marketplace terminal, item, and/or NPC (since the /ah command doesn't work in bases).
  2. An AE terminal and contact.
  3. The ability to add a NPC tied to your character. Whenever that character logs into the base, all instances of these doppelganger(s) would be hidden for the duration. Let's the base feel full of SG members, even when they're absent for a time.
  4. Wondering NPCs, likely on a set motion path.

The /AH command doesn't work in any instanced zones, because accessing the marketplace at all from them apparently causes major glitches / code problems.

2 and 3 seem like good ideas. 3 might be difficult, as characters have a lot of data to store and the bases already have issues with storing too much data (They are stored as a continuous text string, which has to be the least efficient way possible)

4 would require pathfinding A.I. which does not exist in the bases. You may notice pets don't follow you around in base for this reason. Would require massive overhaul of the system for this to happen.

Edited by Guardia

17 hours ago, Guardia said:

The /AH command doesn't work in any instanced zones, because accessing the marketplace at all from them apparently causes major glitches / code problems.

2 and 3 seem like good ideas. 3 might be difficult, as characters have a lot of data to store and the bases already have issues with storing too much data (They are stored as a continuous text string, which has to be the least efficient way possible)

4 would require pathfinding A.I. which does not exist in the bases. You may notice pets don't follow you around in base for this reason. Would require massive overhaul of the system for this to happen.

That's all great to know. I assume base overhauls for things like better storage and pathfinding AI are out of the question at the moment, but hopefully one day! 😬

• 1 month later

Great ideas presented so far. Just wanted to add some more requests to keep this going.

I chose these first because they are accessible outside of missions (to screenshot). I will add more while in missions later, so please

check back. Thanks!

Spoiler

Alarm claxon light:

(not just the already available fx for it. From the Steel Canyon PPD. Most of these are from there and The Hollows, for convenience, but pretty standard all over Paragon).

vCOyaas.png

Roof Air Conditioning Unit(s), for example:

AO5SC7n.png

Ceiling Fan:

(and ceiling and floor tiles, please add more if possible, thanks):

rTDx4MC.png

Filing Cabinets (more options):

SEN7I4s.png

War Wall Ship Gate (found in Perez Park), At least 2 different textures, rusted like shown and clean/newer please:

QCD62QW.png

Police Station Guiding Floor Line (and floor tile texture as well please):

M7XIm0g.png

Holding Cell (either whole or pieces to make please):

cYr5vdL.png

Mail Room Boxes

VGh0LaG.png

More Garage and Warehouse Shipping Door Options:

(part of Steel Canyon Station)

Gl3ZvGd.png

PPD Logo:

(There are also signs outside that are on the building would be useful too. Having Supergroup logos added to that sign would be cool too if possible)

sZwsQY0.png

Elevator Doors:

(with ability to teleport to another floor would be awesome as mentioned before by other posters, built-in.):

YQzrRQo.png

Roof Solar Panels:

(also would be useful in space stations/spaceships tons of other bases too...these are at Paragon University Steel Canyon)

HRTeVh0.png

Smaller TV with Disc Player/VHS player:

(found for example on a Steel Canyon PPD desk)

3dctYmF.png

Weapons Detector Archway:

(Steel Canyon PPD for example but found everywhere in stations)

BdsvAC4.png

Whatever these machines are (lol), and the ability to make windows in walls like those found in stations as shown:

(Steel Canyon PPD but all over Paragon).

I was informed that this is in the game and made up of many pieces. However, I do recognize one piece that is in this construction,

the ion floor grate, that has a fx attached to it permanently. I hope the rest of these suggestions are noted as well as just this one being clarified. Thanks!

m6kxFDM.png

One of the main reasons for this post... SWAT VAN(s) please:

(Bonus awesome, if you can Teleport to places with these as well but not required)

(The Hollows)

twma3pk.png

Also alternate version SWAT VAN with doors open please:

(teleporting like helicopter again would be cool but not required if not possible, the asset alone would rock)

(The Hollows)

51EsUuX.png

While requesting the PPD SWAT vans, I saw the PPD cars too, please have the lights come on at night like they do in game (Same for SWAT vans if they do too):

(The Hollows)

cZn2aN0.png

Watch Towers, Sandbags (different configuration options for the sandbags) please; Also Police Drone shown too:

(The Hollows)

3RqhaIt.png

Guard house, and Barbed Wire Fence and rolling wheel gate Option shown in the screenshot too:

(The Hollows)

ohp21c8.png

Paragon Times Newspaper machine (Tintable if possible, or just the asset itself is cool, we have others but this one is good for cityscapes):

TOkVUKU.png

Roadblocks, and also Sewer Manhole Cover as shown:

(Please add as many streetscape city options that are possible. Including Freeway overpasses if possible)

XEJcctL.png

This may need to go in the costume thread but saw this while out in the Hollows, Please

(add more Holsters and Web Gear options at least 2 to 3 more styles to the costumes. Also add an Office Belt with a PPD and/or other badge(s) on it for options.)

(more mustache options, and/or also makeup options for females, including this mustache option one would be cool too.)

CG6EVSo.png

That's all for now so far.  When I run Bank Missions and get a chance to add those screenshots, I'll add those requests to this post. Unless someone else does it first lol. Thanks!

Edited by Dr.Rogue
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 7:56 AM, Grindingsucks said:

@Dr.Rogue : This is constructed out of assets that already exist in the base builder.  Once you get experience using all the bits, you'll begin to recognize how this was done with many things in CoX

Spoiler

machine.PNG

Thanks! I recognize the ion floor grate part now, though it does not utilize the fx. I hope that all of the other suggestions that I also made will be useful, if they are added.

Edited by Dr.Rogue

@Dr.Rogue  You've got some great suggestions (as do others in this topic).  I'm always wishing I had certain models I see in the game in the base editor.  The bit that looks like the Ion Floor grate is actually two Tech Box 1 overlapping one another, I think.  Then a door directly behind them.

• Like 1

Restaurant gas stoves with fire coming from the burners, refrigerators, microwave ovens, overhead pots and pan racks, shelves with dishes etc on them, etc.

Fix a bunch of the table that don't have a surface on top because currently when you place stuff on top of a lot of them they sink into the table top - sometimes completely beneath it.

NPC cooks  that make an action like flipping a pancake, occasionally turning a pot, chopping something with a knife or cleaver...

NPCs that wander around the base.

Being able to set a music track for a room.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/17/2021 at 1:47 AM, LdyPirate said:

Open Elevators would be nice 🙂

That works like a teleporter?

click the door and take you to Elevator Aleph or have a list like a teleporter?

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

NPCs for each of the emotes on the emote list.

A more uniform way of changing NPC appearance other than by rotating them.

Edited by UltraAlt

12 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Fix a bunch of the table that don't have a surface on top because currently when you place stuff on top of a lot of them they sink into the table top - sometimes completely beneath it.

You can use the Shift button to drag these items up and down.

Use F1 to disable/enable grid options to make it easier to place such items on tables/surfaces.

Don't forget F5 to attach to a surface in some circumstances. 

12 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Being able to set a music track for a room.

You can't, per room. However, you can for the entire base. See the Base Builders' Cheat Sheet under the slash commands > music. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shandirra said:
18 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

You can use the Shift button to drag these items up and down.

Use F1 to disable/enable grid options to make it easier to place such items on tables/surfaces.

Don't forget F5 to attach to a surface in some circumstances. 

My point that the F5 surface mode does not work on A LOT of tables. The game sees the top of those table as being beneath what is visibly the top of the table.

Shifting things up and down is a royal pain sometimes.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:14 AM, UltraAlt said:

Restaurant gas stoves with fire coming from the burners, refrigerators, microwave ovens

You can hack gas stoves (no fire) and burners, and refrigerators. I recall someone had a microwave oven, too.

Not the best ones out there, but might give you some ideas.

Spoiler

1001223804_Screenshot2021-01-21144635.thumb.jpg.a962fdb0e7ffcba0b23615b370cc02d6.jpg

667567701_Screenshot2021-01-21144557.thumb.jpg.d57823d4cd4c3b0105bb90f87c0704d2.jpg

849742334_Screenshot2021-01-21144523.thumb.jpg.5fcde08b1a3b913ed1111896fd108345.jpg

One trick I  use is to float up a platform that matches or is slightly above the table height, then use that for F5 surface -- then delete it afterwards

Edited by LaconicLemur
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 4:16 AM, UltraAlt said:

That works like a teleporter?

click the door and take you to Elevator Aleph or have a list like a teleporter?

you have to set up something to click one of the other teleporter options just add the misc points to access and yes it pulls down giving you options of what floor you want to go to The first floor can go to second then second to third and roof.

19 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

One trick I  use is to float up a platform that matches or is slightly above the table height, then use that for F5 surface -- then delete it afterwards

It's still a trick. 

It doesn't fix the problem.

I would like to see the problem fixed.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:11 PM, Obsidius said:

What about "Med Wall Partition"? I recently found this while renovating my interior base.

I've superimposed the two versions on each other but you still get some of the coloring showing through.  Could possibly angle one piece and get a good front side but a good doorway would be awesome.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:52 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Haven't read through the whole thread...  But definitely a smaller footprint inspiration collector.  The current one is way too big for what it does and is screwing with my base design.

I've inverted and sunk it and used it as a floor in my vault.  Still makes a racket and the clickable area is twitchy but you can see it if you enable hidden markers.

On 1/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, LaconicLemur said:

You can hack gas stoves (no fire) and burners, and refrigerators. I recall someone had a microwave oven, too.

I made a thermopolium in both Amazon Army and SPQR by placing a Tsoo table on top of the burning charcoal grills.  Comes out to almost exactly the right height.  Surrounded the whole assembly with the low garden wall.   Don't have screenshots handy. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 1/20/2021 at 11:55 PM, UltraAlt said:

Shifting things up and down is a royal pain sometimes.

You can also use other objects to lay the item upon and remove it after. It requires a good deal of experimentation but it's effective. 

There are very few shortcuts in base editing.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:40 AM, UltraAlt said:

It's still a trick. 

It doesn't fix the problem.

I would like to see the problem fixed.

What you call a problem the developers call opportunity.

They don't have to give us this function at all. Stop complaining. Be grateful the game exists and you can have your own SG base without needing Prestige. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Shandirra said:

You can also use other objects to lay the item upon and remove it after. It requires a good deal of experimentation but it's effective. 

There are very few shortcuts in base editing.

That's why it should be fixed so that it is user friendly instead of hassle.