Base Request Items

pheeonix

10 hours ago, Shandirra said:

What you call a problem the developers call opportunity.

They don't have to give us this function at all. Stop complaining. Be grateful the game exists and you can have your own SG base without needing Prestige. 

Fortunately, there is a whole thread about base issues his week, so you are ignoring the DEVs acknowledging the fact that base issues need a pass.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

That's why it should be fixed so that it is user friendly instead of hassle.

It's only a hassle to those without skill or fortitude

Fortunately, there is a whole thread about base issues his week, so you are ignoring the DEVs acknowledging the fact that base issues need a pass.

You're ignoring the fact that the game is free and they provide it at their behest. Instead of complaining, try the fixes or "tricks" as you call them.

You were answered by Naomi, a Developer. They are working as intended.

Be the solution, not the problem.

F.Y.I. - Enabling 'Clipping' by pressing F3 makes most of the surface attachment a moot issue. Also, F1 for the grid aspect ratio helps a lot. I use 1/2 X 1/2.

I've tried both in several of my bases and it works with minimal effort. 

Just so you know... I'm no expert. It's called experimentation. I've learned through trial/error, asking my guru (whose name I'll only provide in DMs as I don't wish my friend to be inundated) plus using the forums and Discord discussions. I even provided you with links to improve your skills. Did you even check the links?? You could Google specific issues and find numerous links or YouTube videos. 

Stop whining. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Shandirra said:

Stop whining. 

Your point can be made without resorting to name calling.  You've lost any credibility with this.  Yeah, we all know the game is free.  The folks running it have also said they want to continue to work on it and improve it.  people offering suggestions is helpful to them.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Your point can be made without resorting to name calling.  You've lost any credibility with this.  Yeah, we all know the game is free.  The folks running it have also said they want to continue to work on it and improve it.  people offering suggestions is helpful to them.  

Didn't call anyone any names. I pointed out an action, not the person. Get it straight.

Also, that individual was answered by a Dev and was told that topic they mentioned about was working as intended. The same individual then complained it wasn't user friendly. He was given help on both threads and still complained. FFS, people want everything handed to them on a silver platter without actually doing any work. ~That~ is irritating.

1 hour ago, Shandirra said:

Didn't call anyone any names. I pointed out an action, not the person. Get it straight.

Telling a person to "stop whining" is labelling them a whiner, which to my eyes is name calling.  I've got it straight, thanks.  The folks here have also said they're looking for feedback and ideas and dreams on these forums.  you can get a point across without insulting others. working as intended doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

16 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Telling a person to "stop whining" is labelling them a whiner, which to my eyes is name calling.  I've got it straight, thanks.  The folks here have also said they're looking for feedback and ideas and dreams on these forums.  you can get a point across without insulting others. working as intended doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

You need glasses. I didn't insult him. I called him out on his repeated lack of effort. Honesty hurts.

The individual was given feedback by a Dev. When a Dev says an aspect of the game is working as intended? Story over. There are tools to effect changes for the topic that was at hand. The individual was too lazy to avail themselves of the options presented. Let me go a step further... this person is your buddy and you're the social justice warrior defending them? Shall I sharpen your pitchfork as you gird your loins when a valid observation devastates your rose colored eye wear? 

I gave the poster advice on how to use other items if the Shift button wasn't to his taste. I identified other tactics to assist using F5. Hell, I even provided links to assist him. I bet you dollars to doughnuts he never even viewed them simply because it indicated a need to exert minimal effort.

Your sense of outrage is amusing. 

Rather than thanking another community member for going out of their way to assist someone, I'm getting lambasted.

Message received.

I no longer help strangers.

Got you! 👍

Ooo...  a flame war...  Can I play?

I think you will find that the height of the table does not match the grid height.  I was just placing items on a table (the club table and couch/booth combo) and the grid was set to 1.  It placed in the table top.  Shift lift it up, and it was hovering above it.  Attachment to surface or floor didn't matter.

If you set attachment to surface, disable grid, it will be precisely on the top of the table.  Now, whether it will stay there after base shift remains to be determined.  I stacked plates to look like a...well...stack of plates.  When I came back, they had snapped to grid so intead of 10 plate stack, I had 3 plates and they were suspended above each other.  Such is the cost of building below the box.

As for item requests:

More options for surfaces...  Walls, floors, ceilings.  I think that has already been mentioned, but a tintable wall segment would be great.  Same with floors...  More options for floors on the tech side would be great.

Things like knobs and handles.

Definitely smaller letters to echo previous posters.  Base shift turned my soap letters into Chinese.  I don't read Chinese, but I think it told me to go take a flying leap.

A silent Inspiration Collector.  That thing is huge, makes a huge racket, and the effect penetrates walls at a significant distance.

Plas out.

14 hours ago, Shandirra said:

I called him out on his repeated lack of effort.

Right by saying "stop whining" and that's insulting.  never said your suggestions for what to do wasn't good, I just said you can convey that message without insulting anyone and telling people to "stop whining".  I'm not outraged at all, just calling it like I see it.  

20 hours ago, Shandirra said:

It's only a hassle to those without skill or fortitude

Nice insult.

User friendly is user friendly.

It's not a cop-out to think something should be user friendly.

20 hours ago, Shandirra said:

ou're ignoring the fact that the game is free

No. I'm not.

The Devs are asking for suggestion all the time.

We are ALL allowed to make suggestions.

Players make suggestions all the time.

Simply because you disagree with my suggestions doesn't mean that I don't have a right to post them.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

9 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Right by saying "stop whining" and that's insulting.  never said your suggestions for what to do wasn't good, I just said you can convey that message without insulting anyone and telling people to "stop whining".  I'm not outraged at all, just calling it like I see it.  

I did not insult him. I expressed an opinion of his actions. Learn the difference. If you don’t like my opinions? Ignore me.

User friendly is user friendly.

It's not a cop-out to think something should be user friendly.

You were already told. By a Dev. It works as intended. You were given options to work around your lack of effort. Not just by me but by others. 

The Devs are asking for suggestion all the time.

We are ALL allowed to make suggestions.

Players make suggestions all the time.

Simply because you disagree with my suggestions doesn't mean that I don't have a right to post them.

No. You were not offering anything useful or a suggestion. You were complaining because you view it as too difficult to exert the barest effort.

You were given helpful clues to assist you and even links to improve your lack of skills. Did you even bother to read the links I provided? I doubt it. Instead you whined that the Base Editor wasn’t user friendly.

Of course it isn’t!

It’s code work used by developers to create environments for the game. Did you seriously think that would come easily?? If you truly believe they should break the game to accommodate you, then you have issues that no one can help.

There are users/developers that have put in YEARS of trial and error work to provide guides so that the average Joe/Jane can satisfy their cravings to create their own space. Avail yourself of their labors of love.

You can post whatever/whenever you want. Don’t expect everyone to agree with you. If you don’t like my opinions? Feel free to ignore me.

Like all users of this forum. I have a right to ignore people that are bullying me.

I'd like to see hallways that could be filled fully just like regular rooms.  If you build outside, you don't want unbuildable Mystery Holes, which you get at every doorway wall if you don't buy them as doorway rooms.  If building inside as well as outside however, that gives headaches if you actually want a regular doorway, but need to buy the doorway rooms just to avoid the holes.  Often you may not even want to use some inside rooms that connect via doorways if you're building on top.  You can make a regular doorway or fill-ins by truncating a room by filling in blocks in front or back of the doorways, but it would be a lot better if the doorways simply worked like the rooms do. and allowed for filling in the middle as well as the top and bottom.   That would also help when placing things on top if the doorway rooms aren't actually going to be used Inside if they could be filled in. 

• 2 weeks later

Under "Pick Style" I'd like "Transparent" as an option, so it would function kind of like "Open to Sky" for ceilings.

Also, for "Room Section" I would love a new selection above the top ceiling called Max, Infinite, or whatever. Seems like a more difficult task to implement, though, and probably breaks lots of other stuff.

In short, without having to deal with the whole building above/below base thing, I would like to be able to create a room that is confined but looks like it has no ways, and that I can fly around in without the option to fly outside and around the base.

• 4 weeks later

1) The Praetorian Team Teleport Flier as a base item, about the same size as the current Longbow Chaser. Really a nice design.

2) I'm certain this has been mentioned elsewhere, but in game signage as wall posters. I would love to be able to put an "Up, Up and Away Burger", "Paragon Pizza Pie" or "El Super Mexicano" up on the wall!

1 hour ago, Huron said:

1) The Praetorian Team Teleport Flier as a base item, about the same size as the current Longbow Chaser. Really a nice design.

2) I'm certain this has been mentioned elsewhere, but in game signage as wall posters. I would love to be able to put an "Up, Up and Away Burger", "Paragon Pizza Pie" or "El Super Mexicano" up on the wall!

screenshot_201204-01-43-16.thumb.jpg.3832dc99ee969812acfd4f047de08e65.jpg

They ARE lovely.

😄 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Another request I'd make is the ability to rename the NPCs. I made a memorial park for my mother and I'd like to rename the fishing female (Sharon) to honor my mom (Lorraine) as it was her favorite pastime. Also the ability to choose a basic clothing set for a NPC. Looks pretty silly to have a female fishing in a business suit and heels.  Just something like switching between a business appearance (suit/heels) and a casual appearance (jeans/t-shirt) would be awesome.

Mom.PNG