Base Request Items

pheeonix

Test post. Sorry about this but I am getting a strange anomaly while trying to make a post in this thread, but it might have something to do with the attachments. basically when I tried to make a post with 4 attachments it would discard the post and take me to the Create New Topic screen.

oh, yah.  This forum is weird about attachments.  It only supports very very tiny pictures (I think I was told 65x65). 

Best to host images on a photo host site like imgur, then use the links with the image icon in the post editor.

To resize photos in the forums, toggle the formatting (the blue arrow in the red brackets), and add in a width parameter to the first image tag like so:  [ img width=500] (without the extra space at the beginning).

Would love to get more outer and interior textures for buildings -  there look to be quite a lot of them in game that I'm hoping can get added to the base editor.  Definitely would love to have road surfaces added as well.

Working on a base/compund along the lines of something like this but there are really no good textures for non-brick building exteriors or roads.

latest?cb=20181220191005

• Like 2

Style from the university/Midnighter please.  House Havenwood is old, distinguished, and stodgy. 

P2W vendor in the NPC list. 

If I have a "future wish list" can we work on the ability to have rooms "corner-touch" so that small bases can be made tighter?  I actually like my base to be small and compact (our Manor House isn't a massive sprawling complex!) and having to spread the rooms out so they don't touch corners forces the rooms to have weird hallway layouts.

(Reminder:  I'm just happy CoX is back!)

• Like 1

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

If I have a "future wish list" can we work on the ability to have rooms "corner-touch" so that small bases can be made tighter?  I actually like my base to be small and compact (our Manor House isn't a massive sprawling complex!) and having to spread the rooms out so they don't touch corners forces the rooms to have weird hallway layouts.

You can have side by side doors now, turning two parallel rooms into one larger room.  That surprised me, and may help.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• Community Rep

I would like to request a change in the new indoor/outdoor lighting options: could we please have lights not lose their effect in outdoor lighting?? When it's night time, you can't have lights indoors if you have outdoor lighting (and an indoor part to the base), and it's impossible to well light an entire plot (especially if you built over the base plot edge) with indoor lighting. It's very annoying, and I'm not sure that overall, it's actually an improvement and not just a trade-off.  Or perhaps I am the only one, or one of the few, that likes to build both indoor and outdoor components in a base? If you go outdoor lighting, you also lose the effects you can obtain with the base colored lighting. I'd just like to have the wonderful effect of outdoor lighting, but also be able to light certain areas all the time. Please?

-Dacy

• Like 1

Here's one that isn't exactly an item, but would still be great: make it so items bought/sold do not show up in System messages. Maybe they could be a separate category in case some people want to see that, but... given that items are all free, there's no reason for my SG members to get endless spam whenever I'm building. Shutting that off would be fabulous. :)

Lava surfaces. Ones that will hurt you if you are in them.

More animals like horses,snakes,spiders, beasts. Maybe even customizable npcs for store/merit vender/trainer?

More vehicles/nature options. More walls for outdoor bases

Getting rid of the ugly red plot grid as a possuble option.

Yes, still need the lava surfaces.

Also Praetorian pieces I requested in an earlier post.

And additionally, I would deeply appreciate a starfield surface. While the Fireflies 2 critter FX does the job for still images, having my "stars" flickering around almost ruins the effect:

starfield.jpg

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

Okay, this is something very much needed by those who build within the base as well as out...

Surface plates we can place on the exterior of the base. Preferrably matching the Styles of the base.

I don't want people staring into my base while flying outside.

If not that, then just the styles as surface plates we can use for floors, walls, ceilings, and trim.

• Like 1

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

I don't remember if I said this already, and it definitely shows how OCD I am about everything lining up...but I would really love a "ruler" type surface (preferably in a few different sizes). Some of the grid flooring sort of works, but it's fairly small and a lot of it doesn't line up exactly right...which makes things just a little off... *twitch*...

Second on the ruler!

Also, lava. Like shown here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,5767.0.html

Please.

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

One item I would like to request are NPCs in swimwear/shorts.

Lots of folk built pools and soccer fields and such, so having some NPCs properly attired for such activities would be nice instead of everyone in long pants or dresses.  A guy with a pair of long pants stting in a hot tub just looks silly.

So the problem with building on top of the base is that there is nothing to keep people from going outside the base.  And presumably falling forever, and seeing the mess you've made of the sides on the way down.  You can create an invisible wall with the backs of the surface plates, but it's invisible, and apparently you can see the visible side if you zoom out.  So I would like the blue forcefields that wall off the redside zones and some of the outdoor mission maps.  Ideally I'd like them to be tintable and come in various sizes, since I know people will find lots of creative uses for them, but I'd settle for big and blue.

I would also like the floor and ceiling trim pieces as individual items, so we can place them where we want them and they don't disappear if you place an item there.  I'd also like the old pillar bases as individual items.

Also +a million to the need for lava.  I made both a hero and villain sg before I knew SGs were no longer alignment-restricted, and what self-respecting villain group doesn't have a volcano lair?  (Well mine doesn't, because I am a very slow builder, but we will someday, and I would like real lava.)

And I need a surfboard and a microwave and tacos, for reasons.

Given my thrilling adventures (HA) in making a sloped/dormered roof... I'd do a dance of joy if we got roofing pieces. :)

There are Roman 'canopy' pieces you might be able to work with, red tiles and a gentle slope. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Maybe this thread should be stickied, so people know there's a central place to request items without having to start new topics?

It's .... kinda messy right now.

I'd love to see a consolidated and organized list of some sort... maybe like the passcode sheet... that people could add to, or someone would be willing to maintain. 

But I could see that getting blown up, too (because we want ALL the shineys!). lol

Sorry if these have been mentioned already -

• Just some good old fashioned building blocks that can be used to make floors, walls, ceilings that come in a variety of textures - painted, metal, concrete, wood etc.  Also in the standard small/medium/large/extra large sizes.  This helps to cut down on the number of items needed to stack to create rooms/floors etc.
  • "Clusters" of trees, rocks etc so these kinds of things are a group of items instead of needing to place trees and such individually.
  • A way to rename the teleport points to something other than Greek/Latin. 
  • A teleport point for "base exit".  This would allow for people who are using teleport points within the base to exit from any point instead of needing to head back to the entrance portal itself.
  • A method of using objects other than the existing teleport devices as teleport points.  For example, using an ordinary door as the teleport instead of needing to hide portal behind it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Just some good old fashioned building blocks that can be used to make floors, walls, ceilings that come in a variety of textures - painted, metal, concrete, wood etc.  Also in the standard small/medium/large/extra large sizes.  This helps to cut down on the number of items needed to stack to create rooms/floors etc.
  • "Clusters" of trees, rocks etc so these kinds of things are a group of items instead of needing to place trees and such individually.
  • A way to rename the teleport points to something other than Greek/Latin. 
  • A teleport point for "base exit".  This would allow for people who are using teleport points within the base to exit from any point instead of needing to head back to the entrance portal itself.
  • A method of using objects other than the existing teleport devices as teleport points.  For example, using an ordinary door as the teleport instead of needing to hide portal behind it.

I could swear I saw a screenie of tintable blocks being tested.  Dunno if they will actually materialize, but they looked pretty nifty.

Clusters of pieces would be nice, but I think I'd rather see a function where we can create our own cluster/group items.  Either way... same idea.

Rename teleport points might be tricky, because you'd also have to rename the beacons.  Alternatively, would love to have clickable items with editable text popups.  Have a feeling that's a long shot, though.

Plaques you can put custom text in. Basically stuff like the headstone of a cemetery where you click on it a pop up box will show (I made a memorial for those who died in RL and it would be nice to click on the headstone to see who it was)

• Like 2