Base Request Items

pheeonix

I would like invisible walls/floors, to use as barriers.

Currently you can kinda use a reversed floor tile or other "surface" item, but the problems are A ) if a floor, someone walking across gets put into the 'falling' animation and can actually get kinda stuck, and B ) You have a texture on the other side which you might not want.

They would probably need grab points that are only visible in editing mode, but we have those for power effects already.

-G!

I searched this topic to see if anyone has asked and couldn't see any results so sorry if this has been requested already.

But would it be possible to get the Carnival of Shadows Big Tops, in St Martial, or any other Carnies adjacent items? Maybe Carnival of light items from First Ward/Night Ward?

Edited by Fortuneteller
Speeling mistooks
  • Like 1

So this stuff in Pocket D isn't in the base editor yet and should be - Salt and pepper shakers! Shot glasses! Pint glasses, both empty and full! YES PLEASE! And we already have the vodka, rum, gin, and whiskey bottles, but THERE'S A BEER BOTTLE ON THAT TABLE TOO CAN WE HAVE IT PLEASE

screenshot_200207-17-29-21.jpg

screenshot_200207-17-31-02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

While decor is always a plus, I have more quality of life item requests.

Beacons to Praetorian zones, PvP zones and Cimerora. Basically any zone which doesn't have one.

A Recipe storage container. There a several "book" type decors which could be used to make this.

Increase to Teleport pad acceptable connections.

Increase in Storage limits

Make the Vanguard Teleport device color tintable. 

Thanks

• Like 3

hey look another request

so I'm doing the Revenant Hero arc and boy would the parts from this lab be neat to have! It looks like the following are all separate parts:

1) The incubation tubes

2) The suspended Green Blobby clones

3) The bubble effect (smaller and lighter than existing bubble effects - yes please, says everyone whose base has a fishtank in it, amirite?)

4) The fluid in the tubes (I see different levels)

5) The mounting sockets/arms for the tubes (may be base+arm separate, may be base+arms together in both closed and open positions - hope it's the former cause those arms could be versatile)

Additionally it'd be cool to have:

a) the floor-mounted base thingy (just imagine it placed around an ouro crystal!)

b) the steam effect (different color and density from steam effects we have already, would be perfect for hot tubs, hot springs, and steam rooms)

c) these slab things at the back of the room; can we say DIVING BOARD?

d) Straight 'Tech Pipe' wires and four way junctions; I don't know why we don't have these already.

screenshot_200214-17-34-17.thumb.jpg.923a837c9190cd74b82af72d40229a58.jpg screenshot_200214-17-37-39.thumb.jpg.fcc3a3c2f0d7b8cc9938f88ee53f70e7.jpg

So yeah, more stuff for the Villain Lairs tab if I ever saw it. If it's helpful, the response to /whereami returned the map name CREY_HERO_LAB, and /loc returned -3400.8 0.8 -182.1

Edited by Flashtoo
  • Like 1

To the people who tirelessly work to make us base stuff:

giphy.gif

You're   AMAZING!!!

Okay, I've read all of the posts (SO many awesome ideas!).  Here are a few more.  (Yes, I know I'm repeating some.  😛 )

Massive plates in addition to whatever extra-large, large, medium, small, extra-small,  to use as floors (plates that actually act like floor, i.e. like the white tile floor and not like the grass plates).  24x24 and 12x12 would be amazing!

All existing floor styles as placable plates that can be flipped upside down to act as ceilings, better yet: floor plates that have graphics on the underside so it can be used as a floor and ceiling at the same time! 

Placable walls to surround outdoor builds that keep people from walking off of layered, above-the-base builds.   So, extra-long walls with a variety of textures, lengths, and heights.

More building pieces to go with "Mansion Wall." -  Longer wall pieces and maybe a difference between the inside and outside? *edit* Maybe one with a door frame and door that we can stick in it if we want it closed or partly open?  My own solution is okay but it's less than optimal.

Door Solution.JPG

Sidewalks!  (with curbs on both sides for ease of placing)

Cement

Brick

Tintable

Paths:

Dirt

Cement

Wood

Stone

Plate textures:

Tintable - In General

Sand

Dirt

Natural Stone

Snow

Cement

Marble

Slate

Wood Floor (like the existing one)

Street (asphalt with painted lines)

Lighting:

Lit (that actually cast light) and Unlit versions of existing light items

Sourceless lighting effects:  that we can just plop into a room to have light

Is it possible to have a slider for light intensity?  The spotlights suck for light, especially considering that they're supposed to be way brighter than a "normal" light.

And OMG!!!  Thank you SO much for the coffee pots!!  I'll never have to build another out of drinking fountains, water coolers, and microscopes!  And all the other stuff is great!  I can finally set places in gigantic dining halls!  Speaking of kitcheny stuff:  As others have said, a fridge.  Other appliances would be great too!

Stove ( if you want to get fancy, include: Gas (lit and unlit?), Electric, and -shudder- glass top)

Dishwasher

Oven

Bowl mixer ( ❤️ Hobart and KitchenAid! )

Clothes washer and dryer

Pots and Pans ( I know this is nitpicky and it's on my Want list, not my Need list.   I've been a foodie for more than twenty years.  Can't help it. 😛 )

Thanks again to the digital artists who are creating assets for our building delights!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Edited by Enabling Shenanigans
  • Like 4

Speaking of villain lairs, we have the 5th Rail, 5th Rail Endcap, and 5th Catwalk plate but the railings don't come together at corners or fit on stairs - however, these pieces very definitely exist in game (inner corner rail, outer corner rail, stair rail):

screenshot_200217-19-46-04.thumb.jpg.b1f0bb47b83bc0298ff9c849d42d885f.jpg screenshot_200217-19-46-11.thumb.jpg.42753fd184e59db91f187462e28b0bc1.jpg

I can has?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Two things I'd love in bases:    Signs, and no-texture walls.

Signs that work like the plaques for history badges would be awesome, if we could edit the text string that pops up when you click on it.  That would be SO USEFUL in public bases, clubs, etc.

No-texture walls I want to block people from leaving a specific area, but not blocking the view.  Glass is wonky in the game, and in some places you just want to leave open but don't want people leaving an area, especially when you're building above/below the base.  One square tile that was totally invisible from both sides would be freaking awesome.

• Like 1

So, I'm creating an underwater base and I'm bemoaning the lack of different colored flames for the torches that would also cast light.  Since this base is underwater it's (obviously) "magic" fire, but if the fire were in colors other than orange/yellow, the lighting would be cooler in a color/lighting sense. 

Is there any way to make the torches that cast light to be tintable?  It  would open up so many ideas for lighting.  Heck, if possible, having all of the casting lights be tintable would be amazing!  The dance clubs would be blazing with color and light!

How about a version of the carnie tent with an opening to walk in and graphic on the inside so it's not like standing in a tent made of one way glass?  Pretty, pretty please?

Carnie Tent.png

Edited by Enabling Shenanigans
Added Tent Request
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, Tahliah said:

I've been having a blast (heh) visiting all of the amazing bases that people have shared in the show off and base codes threads, and I would love to be able to let them know I was there.  A guestbook of some kind would be marvelous; we can sign in that we've been there (ideally even leave a brief note of joy and support, though I suppose this latter could be abused by the less than joyful and supportive).  I'm not sure such a thing is even possible, but how great would it be to see who's visited our bases to show their love and support? 

I am guessing that is not possible, but the ability to email the base owner would be great! Could the base owner's @global be made visible?

• Like 2

Captain Matsiyan, Office of Naval Intelligence, Terran Stellar Navy

Community Base Directory   •  Base Building Guide  •  City of Base Building Discord Add to Bases Guestbook

Is there any hope that the base entry portal could have a variety of effects? It would be great to replace it with any of the teleportals or in fact any FX (especially ones without sound!)

Captain Matsiyan, Office of Naval Intelligence, Terran Stellar Navy

Community Base Directory   •  Base Building Guide  •  City of Base Building Discord Add to Bases Guestbook

what i'd like to see is a means to sort the salvage racks. keep the limits imposed, but the an interface added. and only set SG ranks can sort the salvage.

or the interface is what sorts by being the only deposit point after it's put in base. maybe the invention table? since it's used to make the enhancements already.