Water to the horizon?

DocEclipse

You cannot remove the outer walls of your base.

However (and I haven't tried this yet in my base, but it should work), you can try to put your island in the middle of a very large plot, and then use a 1 degree or 3 degree tilt on the water itself, so it gradually rises up till it's over the wall.  A 3 degree tilt should be easy to disguise as "flat level water"; you may have to also tilt any "far islands" or ships on the water, to give the illusion that it's all flat to the horizon.

You cannot remove the outer walls of your base.

He's not asking about removing walls (in fact, if you're smart and follow the "Base Builder's Cheat Sheet" instructions, that's a moot point because you can build under/on top of your base then), he's asking about having water extend to the horizon (and therefore probably already has followed the Base Builder's Cheat Sheet and built on top of/under his base and has water extending to a sudden random drop into nothing).

If you're smart and follow the "Base Builder's Cheat Sheet" instructions, that's a moot point because you can build under/on top of your base.

Well, I learned something, thank you.

Fill up all your rooms with the floor raised all the way to the ceiling, then add water on top of that platform and/or whatever else you want.  Set a teleporter from your entry room to take people to this "outside" area, or put your entrance teleporter there, and they won't be bound by the base walls.

You can walk on the un-built plot grid, but you can also fall off the edge, and get stuck in the gaps between the rooms.