Jump to content

Silly Sentinel Tricks


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, SwankyBulb said:

@nihilii is there anyway you can copy and paste your build into this forum, i am having trouble updating wine and hero designer but would still love to see your build! if you dont mind

No problem! I updated the previous post with the long version, let me know if this works for you.

Note the Analyze +tohit proc in Ground Zero is actually an Achilles' Heel chance for -res, because Mids won't let you slot Achilles' Heel (but ingame, you can).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Note the Analyze +tohit proc in Ground Zero is actually an Achilles' Heel chance for -res, because Mids won't let you slot Achilles' Heel (but ingame, you can).

Options->Advanced->Database Editor

Main Database Editor->Sentinel_Defense->Radiation_Armor->Ground Zero (double click or click edit bottom right)

go to the Invention Set Types (5th tab)->click DefDebuffs (standard icon) in the box and it will add it to the line above

click OK, click Save and Close, click Close

 

You may have to reload the build.  You can now add Achilles' Heel.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later

Inspired by this thread I made a Fire/Nin/Psi to see what they could do.  Not as many options for -resist but also no need to pack around lucks so my tray is mostly Greens and Reds.  I just hit 50 last night and soloed every TF through level 40 while leveling.  I did them all within 5 levels of the max level of the TF (or at least started them all that way). I did enlist help for Babbage as there was no way I would be able to solo him at lvl 20, but may try again and then drop the TF once he spawns so I can try at 50 with incarnates.

 

I never needed any temp powers for most of them but there were 2 that gave me some real trouble. The Katie Hannon TF has you fighting 10 AVs back to back that get progressively stronger.  The last one spawns at +4 and I couldn't get her down fast enough as she just flies around whenever hurricane is on cool down. Also the debuff from hurricane from a +4 AV is massive and brought my to hit down to the 20s so there was a lot of running around no matter what which was time I could not spend dealing damage.  So I broke out the pets from the P2W vendor and envenomed dagger for that one.

 

I had to do the same for the Mortimer Kai.  The fight took well over an hour because Posi would keep healing.  I would do my best to keep the add from getting to him but one would sometimes slip through and undo most of the work I put in.  I finally got the pattern down and was able to stop it more often so even when I messed up the heal would not take him back to full so I was making progress.....very slowly making progress.  I pulled out all the stops for this one, (back up radio, ranged P2W helper, envenomed dagger, shivans and snow beast, and used up all my Katie Hannons) but eventually he fell.

 

Now I move on to getting all my incarnates filled out and trying all the 45+ TFs.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, nihilii said:

Following the trend of Stupid Scrapper Tricks and Crazy Controller Tricks, ...

 

So what about you? Share your cool accomplishments!

 

 

Wow, @Nihilii, you're kind of the type of player I generally hung out with when the game was live, going back to when the STF came out, I knew I could tank it with an SO'd scrapper for a bunch of scrappers (no defs, no cons) but it took a lot of time to get the scrapper team together, there was no incarnates then, but I did the Jade Spider Task Force with a scrapper keeping all hostages alive to get some belief in me, we are going so far back to when the US and EU forums were separated. We died so little on our all scrapper STF we worked out that an MoSTF for an all scrapper team was easily possible, it was everything I need to know and job done in one attempt, one of the scrappers in my team was DSorrow who you linked to by Crazy Controller Tricks. I mainly did Tanks, my tanking that with a Scrapper when it was so much harder was a show of out of the box knowledge. I like what you're doing, it's easier with incarnates in some/most cases but it's still great. Whilst I have been absent it's like you have been living some of my dreams.

Edited by NEW DAWN
  • Like 2

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later

IMHO

 

Primaries: Fire, Elec, Dark, Rad, Psy are all great choices. The easiest way is to build an attack chain around a fast animating 10s recharge T3 blast.


Secondaries: all Sentinel secondaries are viable. If you're willing to use inspirations, resistance secondaries are very nice because it's easy to raise your defense with insps, which makes for strong layered coverage. That's /rad, /elec, /dark, to a lesser extent /invul and /ea. /bio is also a top pick simply because of the sheer damage it can add (and still come with great absorb powers). /sr is also worth mentioning as building for the softcap isn't too hard and Master Brawler makes a great heal replacement, leaving you free range to slot your attacks for maximum damage and proactively carry a full tray of oranges.

Epics: /psi is king for adding a procced out Dominate to your attack chain. Mind Probe isn't too shabby either, although it takes a backseat in challenging content as you may be forced out of melee quite often (any build planned around a Mind Probe attack chain should also think of a backup pure ranged attack chain to fall back onto when needed). Other epics may be useful for their immobilizes if you don't feel like jousting, but at the same time you don't want to spend too much time on mez rather than damage; which would likely limit the selection to /elec, for Chain Fences.

 

Any of these primaries, secondaries and epics can be combined together without too much attention to potential synergies. Dark/ can complement /invul nicely by adding a little bit of healing with Life Drain, but to be honest that extra healing can help just about any secondary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later
  • 5 weeks later

I raise thee again, o thread!

Following a fun idea by Dr Causality:

I took on a +0/x8 MoITF with SOs only on my Fire/Rad Sentinel. Insps allowed, provided they drop in the mission and aren't just bought or stocked in emails.


Pretty interesting run. It felt more or less as challenging as a +4/x8 MoITF without insps on a normal (IO) build, but that challenge presented itself in different ways.

For starters, there's the fun in rediscovering how to do a SO build. Fire/Rad is a strong combo in that area. Radiation provides you with numerous tools to manage your endurance and decent resistances. Meltdown becomes a fantastic T9, slashing incoming damage in half as it boosts your resistances from ~50% overall to ~75% overall. There's also great synergy between Meltdown and Hybrid Melee, as you can alternate the two with some gap.

 

I often argue Fire Blast isn't such an outlier on Sentinels. The DoT was rebalanced to lower values, Blazing Blast is a decent but not amazing T4 that comes with a repel + KB effect you have to manage; and some other Sentinel primaries got buffs from their original version, evening out the power ranking. This is true at the IO level, or even in standard team play where buffs abound. But at the SO level and for this kind of challenge, there's some definite advantages to Fire Blast:

- Flares is on a 2s recharge and deals comparable damage to 4s recharge T1s. This is a drawback on IO builds as it implies lesser proc chance, but this is a boon on SO builds where you need all the help you can get to build a full attack chain.

- Blazing Blast repel and KB are great for survivability. Keeping a Cimeroran boss on his back can be the difference between life and death.


The /psi epic is, of course, out. Without abusing procs, neither Dominate nor Mind Probe are all that great compared to native fire attacks. There could be some use to Mass Hypnosis, sleeping spawns for survivability and focusing on ST damage, but, eh. I didn't want to overthink it.

 

Here's what I went with:

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1531;578;1156;HEX;|
		|78DA75935D53D3401486374D4A69E957A848CB874081D282C476F4DE51112FA4331|
		|DB8763291AE254E49635A1DBDF4D23FE38CFE2C15D05F104FB26F4AB3D19D669EED|
		|BBE7DD9C7336DBFD7894FFFAE2F363A6149F0DADF1D83CE3CEC476F830DDB506F63|
		|90B46869E9548374F2D67C0FBC6B1ED71F32959269BD3A523FE863B636E9C5A7DDB|
		|9AD823C77CE25D8E3C96EF8D4643E3845BAEED0C72E19F3397F37E219C1EDB830BF|
		|20F4A51549F7BE30BDBAD3D77ED7363BA796F6C9B5D7A1DF73E552921839E518361|
		|F8E9109ACA52195015D424CE61FD4793A884DE145B14DA0AB806BA0D84D0FE0A8BF|
		|BE7D5387311B1FE8EBC2ABC2ABC791D446C5162195E8FBC6978D3F096E15D54E3BC|
		|1311DEF70D7160415D19780E25FEA2DAB3A83D8B5AEF4AFC49310B8859F84F7FBEB|
		|5182B8898742127B47B32E704B7C06DF00FED5F1279AA25C46E4BEC20DF0F54938E|
		|7EE8E8C71ED6F6D4385B11D18FEF946345E4C82A15D4486B4BD09634A1D5495B46B|
		|DCBD8BB2A51A1989AC883D57C1AEC8AAA584515ABC87A476254854AEE75BC611D1D|
		|6C81FBE017AA7403956EA0924D99D86F4BE235E55287B78ED843F041443DCE28B71|
		|BF2EEC2BB2BE514F1BEFE6F6A545713DD6CA29B3A6907D00EA05532E2D6069A51C5|
		|574C5A1B5A1B27B6A64D6F35FD822EBF6D057735B809BEBF9F586D27944E4279985|
		|01E25949384D2D3A6F79F29A1922D4F6FB57F45E7ABA046055FD6CDAD965270FE0D|
		|89D7B3BEA2D07ECFFA704376C006F88A627C11E3BF9E995B33F370F464E176BCA43|
		|C3B58FA0B34D2D50B|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

 

Onto the run itself!

I started with my standard Incarnate loadout: Musculature, Ageless, Hybrid Assault, Vorpal, Degenerative and Longbow. The plan was to switch as needed, and use Lore as little as possible.

 

MISSION 1 let me get my feet wet with the SO build. Mostly hopping around, popping lucks as needed (and converting most insps, swallowing rages for extra damage otherwise). This Sentinel still has decent AoE burst on SOs, with Aim + Ground Zero + Inferno + Fireball. Given that we're only fighting level 50s and that we're levelshifted, this wipes out minions and lieutenants most of the time.

Still... Got to be careful. With ~50% resistance outside of Meltdown and just 9% defense, damage can stack extremely fast. I had to be proactive either with insp use or by jousting mobs. Standing still simply wasn't an option unless defense was boosted with insps. Even then, I had to be ready to react fast and saw a couple close calls.

 

For the kheldian ambush, I targeted the Bright Novas first. Can't risk boss-level mobs debuffing defense at range.

 

MISSION 2 was a lucky break: I got the smallest cave map, with just one fork. This was mostly a question of running forward, defeating the nictus crystal, and moving on to the next one, with aggroed mobs still lagging behind and the aggro cap working against them.

 

Nonetheless, I chugged a lot of inspirations on that mission.

 

MISSION 3 heralded our first real test: can a Sentinel on SOs deal enough DPS to defeat AVs?

 

Well, first I had to deal with the insp crunch from mission 2. I swapped Incarnates from Ageless/Assault to Barrier/Melee, with a goal to replenish inspirations through fighting mobs and not using any.

 

Endurance felt fine before, to the point Ageless seemed overkill. But then that's the thing with recovery: if you have enough it can feel like you have too much. Once it's gone you start to truly notice it.

This can be especially true on Rad Armor if you use Meltdown, because there's a -recovery crash after the T9 is over. It's more subtle than an endurance crash, and it's easy to let your endurance bar drop as you keep attacking before you notice what's going on.

 

Melee Hybrid has great synergy with Meltdown though, as previously mentioned. So I eventually settled on Ageless/Melee, once I had enough insps to make the switch.

The Romulus Phalanx fight took a while. I cleaned the robots at every step of the way, else their damage might have been too much. The third robot wave, attacking in unison, took my life down to below half in an instant.

After the computer blew up, I pulled Requiem downstairs. Now this is the big departure from an IO build. Usually we think of Requiem as a pansy, even as a +4. On a SO build? The guy can be threatening. Each of his attack would typically take about 1/3 to 1/2 of my life without Meltdown or Hybrid, so I had to stay alert.

 

Thankfully, I was dealing enough damage to overcome his regeneration... but not so much I could afford to pop lucks through the whole fight. Requiem loves to run; so I saved insps for the times where extra aggro was inevitable.

Romulus proved harder - naturally, as he's level 51. Add to that his sword attacks come with -def, and he's accompanied by 2 elite bosses. Which I probably should have focused down right away, but I had the great (not so great) idea I would kill them with AoEs. The net result was ~10 minutes of jousting around, and by the time they were dead Rommie himself had maybe 10% health left.

MISSION 4! Up until now, Lore wasn't used. Not to discriminate against pets. The grand plan for this finale was to leverage Imperious for a bit of extra oomph.

 

The big guy packs a punch, if you're OK with things scattered to the four winds. Let's call it extra survivability. With a noncrashing Unstoppable and Dull Pain, Imperious isn't too bad at staying alive either. With Ground Zero I could heal him for about 240hp every 30 seconds, which helped somewhat. The biggest threat lies with Minotaurs/Cyclops, as they can take the pain long enough Imperious will go down eventually. So I flew up, and led him towards Romulus.

We cleared the platform just fine... except the last Cyclops ran towards Romulus just as it was about to die. Fire DoTs finished the Cyclops without getting in range... but no matter. Brave Imperious already charged towards the corpse, ended in perception range of Romulus, and decided it was a splendid idea to just take on 4 AVs by himself.

 

At least he was still in Unstoppable, so he could withstand some damage. I let him whack on Romulus, and instead started flying up and shot the autohit Nictus.

 

So, yeah, SO build... Autohit nictus... The damn thing hits hard. I could just keep up with incoming damage with my heal/absorb/res clicks, but not take any extra; meaning I had to softcap myself with lucks to defend against other Nictus and Romulus attacks.

 

Imperious went down. As the healing nictus closed in on me and started to heal, I felt like I wouldn't be able to make it without help. Time to summon Lore.

Being the grand strategist I am, only on par with Imperious, I aimed the summoning reticle on a ground spot away from the AVs, so the Lore pets could come out and shoot AVs at range while everything was focused on me.

So I slapped that reticle just in range of the Council group next to it, which promptly aggroed and killed the Longbow pets.

 

Whatever. I'm in it, might as well give it my best shot. I was making some progress on the Nictus healthbar, so even though my inspiration tray was drying up, there was no sense in giving up too early.

Still... Those inspirations were running lower and lower.


I could see the Nictus healthbar down to 30%... 25%... But it just wasn't going fast enough compared to insp use.


In desperation, I popped Eye of the Magus (which I forgot I had until now) for an extra minute of respite.

 

Oh boy. Now I'm out of insps, Eye of the Magus is over and the Nictus still has 10% health. The healing Nictus is going to start hitting me regularly and I won't be able to outpace its regen.

To my surprise, it didn't play out that well. Even with just 9% defense, at +0 the healing Nictus just doesn't hit you all that much.

I kept making progress, ever so slowly. Managing the incoming damage as best as I could. Even juggling Vorpal in there for that +30% def bonus, shortlasted as it may be.

 

And then the autohit Nictus went down! Woo.

 

The moment you take down the autohit Nictus, you are - in theory - able to do everything else. Especially if you did it without a time constraint such as Lore or insps.

Sure enough, the healing Nictus followed... Then the summoning Nictus.

Something fun about Rommie I never noticed before. The man doesn't have much range. Perhaps just 60 feet on his blasts. If you fly straight up from his position, about 70-80 feet, the Nictus will stay glued to you and Romulus will run back and forth helplessly, never attacking you.

If you're a standard ranged attacker with Hover slotted for movement, you could conceivably fight him without taking a hit this way. Sentinels only have 60 feet base range, though; and I'm using a jetpack for flight. Romulus will stay put if you attack the Nictus, but he can start running if you gun for him while he's out of range. So, got to have that unsuppressed Hover speed and extra range.

 

Still, I stuck to flying above him to fight him, only at around 50-60 feet as to limit his running and give myself leeway to chase him.


Romulus himself isn't too threatening even in his Nictus form, but you have to be mindful of the ambushes triggered at set%. The healers can restore a big chunk of his life at once, and a x8 ambush can easily debuff your defense into oblivion.

I cleaned out the first ambush, got him back down to 70% HP. At this point, felt confident I would win no matter what, so I pulled out Lore again (which was recharged for a while, but I decided not to use it). Just to speed things a little.

Well... Lore speeds things a lot. Romulus dropped from 70% to 20% in the blink of an eye. This had the "positive" effect, for challenge purposes, of triggering 2 ambushes at once, making for a harder and different challenge to deal with. The Longbow pets were nuked fast, so I got to clean it all up solo.

Now for the best part...

Spoiler

N9ZYHKk.jpg


Sweet, sweet loot. It's not just a purple drop from killing Romulus. It's the one specific purple drop that would be of most use to this build, if I were a genuine SO player who needed it. At this moment it felt like the RNG gods were watching, and decided to reward the performance.

 

Then two minutes later...

Spoiler

QdXOdP2.jpg


Some amazing luck, and ever so fitting to cap a great run.

Final time was just under 2 hours. It feels like it would be possible to do this no insps, no Lore at all. I don't know if I want to try it, but who knows.

It's rather interesting to rediscover SO builds, in any case. For all the stuff we get to achieve with IOs, they're not that critical to absolute performance - only relative. Of course, incarnates and insps can carry you a long way.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nihilii said:

I raise thee again, o thread!

What an epic saga!  I have but one like to give 😄

 

I'm still amazed how you guys have your mains and stick to it.  In the meanwhile near a year later and I'm still bouncing from one character to the next.

  • Like 1

@sovera in Everlasting - I love teaming up so hit me up.

 

Simple guide for newcomers. - Money making included among other things.

 

Fire Armor/Martial Arts: the Brunker - Altitis cure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sovera said:

I'm still amazed how you guys have your mains and stick to it.  In the meanwhile near a year later and I'm still bouncing from one character to the next.

Now this is the strangest thing: I can truly relate to you. My average CoH session these days is either AFK farming a new character I thought off in the last couple days, or tripleboxing relatively fresh 50s through Apex/TinM or accolade content (man, do these accolades take a lot of time compared to everything else now, even if you streamline the process). I'm slightly obsessive about optimizing my playtime, so I don't play finished characters all that much as there's always a part of my mind that thinks "I could be making progress on this other alt that needs it". On old Live servers, I would frequently delete my namesake, lvl 50 and all, just so I could put the name and concept back to work on a new treadmill.


But here, the moment someone posts a cool idea for a challenge thing? It's the fire/rad sent that comes to mind. There's something incredibly enjoyable for me about the way this character handles.

 

8 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Impressive. One question- how do you tell the different nictus apart at final Rommy? 

The smart answer would go like this: Nictus have fixed spawns, so if you memorize their positions you will know which one is where.

The me answer: I kinda whack on them and watch their effects and hope for the best. The autohit Nictus is easier to distinguish than the other two as you can just aim for the center of its PBAoE.

If you fight them at range, it is likely you will end up targeting the autohit Nictus first without trying, because it is the most aggressive in trying to close in - it has to, in order to hit you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Impressive. One question- how do you tell the different nictus apart at final Rommy? 

Is this specific to the SO challenge? When I solo MoITF I hit the purple, they fall down, done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nihilii said:

The smart answer would go like this: Nictus have fixed spawns, so if you memorize their positions you will know which one is where.

The me answer: I kinda whack on them and watch their effects and hope for the best. The autohit Nictus is easier to distinguish than the other two as you can just aim for the center of its PBAoE.

If you fight them at range, it is likely you will end up targeting the autohit Nictus first without trying, because it is the most aggressive in trying to close in - it has to, in order to hit you.

 

OK, thanks. I was afraid I had missed some nice simple trick. Honestly, I'm usually a bit lazy about it and beat down Rommy as I rarely solo the TF (have done it 3 times, once each on a sentinel, brute, and stalker just to see if the builds could). On teams everyone seems to just beat on Rommy, so I go with the flow. Trying to properly coordinate a PUG TF is like herding cats. If I can make them avoid the ambush at the oracle, I feel I've done enough work. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later

So after a bit of a break I came back and tweaked my Fire/Ninja a little bit.  With some lucky procs (several double stacked BU procs on top of aim) I managed to get a pylon down in just under 2 min.  So I decided to see what else I could tackle.  Then someone announced that Lusca was up.  I figured, what the hell, why not give it a shot.  The tentacles went down easy enough although a couple times I came close to death when 3 happened to hit around the same time.  Thankfully with soft capped defense they managed to miss enough after that so I could heal through it.  Eventually I got them all down and it was time to tackle the head.  After a couple minuets it was clear I did not have enough damage to overcome the regen.  The health bar would move a bit then would pop right back to full a few seconds later.  So I finally pulled out the envenomed daggers, brushed off the dust and started tossing one at the end of my normal rotation.  Finally the health bar was slowly dropping.  I got her down to around 75% and figured that was enough to at least prove I could manage solo with just daggers so I finally pulled out my temp and incarnate pets to speed things up.  19 min later......

 

 

11:02] You gain 51,000 experience and 17,000 influence.
[11:02] You received Sturdy.
[11:02] You received 6 units of Reward Merit.
[11:02] Congratulations! You earned the Devilfish badge.   

 

Although somewhere in the middle of all that someone came and tried to help.  They almost died then ran off and I didn't see them after that.  After everything was over I realized I probably could have used some inspirations to speed things up as well.  Oh well.  Life goes on.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later
On 7/31/2020 at 12:22 AM, HelenCarnate said:

So after a bit of a break I came back and tweaked my Fire/Ninja a little bit.  With some lucky procs (several double stacked BU procs on top of aim) I managed to get a pylon down in just under 2 min.  So I decided to see what else I could tackle.  Then someone announced that Lusca was up.  I figured, what the hell, why not give it a shot.  The tentacles went down easy enough although a couple times I came close to death when 3 happened to hit around the same time.  Thankfully with soft capped defense they managed to miss enough after that so I could heal through it.  Eventually I got them all down and it was time to tackle the head.  After a couple minuets it was clear I did not have enough damage to overcome the regen.  The health bar would move a bit then would pop right back to full a few seconds later.  So I finally pulled out the envenomed daggers, brushed off the dust and started tossing one at the end of my normal rotation.  Finally the health bar was slowly dropping.  I got her down to around 75% and figured that was enough to at least prove I could manage solo with just daggers so I finally pulled out my temp and incarnate pets to speed things up.  19 min later......

 

 

11:02] You gain 51,000 experience and 17,000 influence.
[11:02] You received Sturdy.
[11:02] You received 6 units of Reward Merit.
[11:02] Congratulations! You earned the Devilfish badge.   

 

Although somewhere in the middle of all that someone came and tried to help.  They almost died then ran off and I didn't see them after that.  After everything was over I realized I probably could have used some inspirations to speed things up as well.  Oh well.  Life goes on.

Any chance you'd share your build? I'm very intrigued by the ideas of both Fire/Rad (Nihilii's) and your Fire/Nin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, machogriz said:

Any chance you'd share your build? I'm very intrigued by the ideas of both Fire/Rad (Nihilii's) and your Fire/Nin.

I carry around a bunch of unslotters and use them on fireball depending on what I am doing.  Most of the time I have Superior Frozen blast in there but keep the -resist proc instead of the Imob proc.  This gets me at the AoE soft cap for regular stuff.  When I want to be crazy and do stuff like solo GMs I swap it out for Positrons Blast for a bit more recharge and cover that gap with amplifiers.  I don't really have a fluid attack chain.  Basically I have my attacks in order of DPA on my 1, 2, 3 keys and use whatever lowest number is up.   So I have Blaze, Mind Probe, Dominate.  However I normally start with Dominate just because of the BU proc in there. It is a thing of beauty to see Aim + BU proc, Dominate + BU proc then Blaze.  I fill the gaps with Fireball for the -resist proc. Flares of course whenever opportunity is up for even more -resist.   If you are up against an AV they tend to run a lot so, when that happens, I throw in Blazing blast at times to help fill up the opportunity bar faster (ATO proc) since at range I lose one of my harder hitting attacks. 

 

Side note, for the true damage numbers, be sure to click off Shinobi-Iri.  Mids has it down as giving +20% damage when it is on.  It does give that bonus, but only to your first attack and does not apply when you are out of stealth attacking.

 

While Fire/Rad is great for damage, it tends to lack defense and cannot get the insane recharge you can get with Ninja.  So instead of going up against GMs and AVs with stacks of lucks, I have stacks of reds instead.  I like the stealth and self heal aspect of Ninja but you could probably do similar with SR and get even more recharge and better DDR numbers. ...Does math...yes you could certainly do that as well although I am not an expert on SR for Sents but if you went crazy you could get well over 200% recharge.  216% actually with the same bonuses as Ninja since quickness will throw another 20% on there...then amplifiers would .....great now I have a new project.  Anyone an expert on SR for Sents?

 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(7)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(11), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dam%(13), Ann-ResDeb%(15)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 6: Blaze -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Shinobi-Iri -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), Ags-ResDam(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Blazing Blast -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(42)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(45), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46), Dcm-Build%(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Kuji-In Retsu -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), Pnc-Heal/+End(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 8:40 PM, HelenCarnate said:

I carry around a bunch of unslotters and use them on fireball depending on what I am doing.  Most of the time I have Superior Frozen blast in there but keep the -resist proc instead of the Imob proc.  This gets me at the AoE soft cap for regular stuff.  When I want to be crazy and do stuff like solo GMs I swap it out for Positrons Blast for a bit more recharge and cover that gap with amplifiers.  I don't really have a fluid attack chain.  Basically I have my attacks in order of DPA on my 1, 2, 3 keys and use whatever lowest number is up.   So I have Blaze, Mind Probe, Dominate.  However I normally start with Dominate just because of the BU proc in there. It is a thing of beauty to see Aim + BU proc, Dominate + BU proc then Blaze.  I fill the gaps with Fireball for the -resist proc. Flares of course whenever opportunity is up for even more -resist.   If you are up against an AV they tend to run a lot so, when that happens, I throw in Blazing blast at times to help fill up the opportunity bar faster (ATO proc) since at range I lose one of my harder hitting attacks. 

 

Side note, for the true damage numbers, be sure to click off Shinobi-Iri.  Mids has it down as giving +20% damage when it is on.  It does give that bonus, but only to your first attack and does not apply when you are out of stealth attacking.

 

While Fire/Rad is great for damage, it tends to lack defense and cannot get the insane recharge you can get with Ninja.  So instead of going up against GMs and AVs with stacks of lucks, I have stacks of reds instead.  I like the stealth and self heal aspect of Ninja but you could probably do similar with SR and get even more recharge and better DDR numbers. ...Does math...yes you could certainly do that as well although I am not an expert on SR for Sents but if you went crazy you could get well over 200% recharge.  216% actually with the same bonuses as Ninja since quickness will throw another 20% on there...then amplifiers would .....great now I have a new project.  Anyone an expert on SR for Sents?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(7)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(A), RedFrt-Def(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(11), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(11), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), PstBls-Dam%(13), Ann-ResDeb%(15)
Level 4: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(19), RedFrt-EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 6: Blaze -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23), GldJvl-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Shinobi-Iri -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 12: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(29)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), Ags-ResDam(33), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 26: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- Erd-%Dam(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(37), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Blazing Blast -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(42)
Level 38: Mind Probe -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(45), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46), Dcm-Build%(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Kuji-In Retsu -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), Pnc-Heal/+End(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------

 

Thanks so much for this! I believe I'm gonna try out a Fire/Nin now. I haven't tried Ninjitsu before on any AT, so this will be a good opportunity. I also feel that near capped defense will be stronger than the near capped resists of Rad. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is a click mez protection instead of a toggle.

 

This will be the first build that I throw everything into. Planning on twinking it out as much as possible during the leveling process. Should be pretty fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later

I log in and find myself in RWZ and realize I haven't got all the exploration badges.  So I get them all and then remember the last one is on the ship.  I was about to start a MSR but then.....I wonder.....Can I drop the shields on my own?  So I set to find out.  I start clearing the map out and it is going well.  A couple times the ship tags me but I ignore it, heal through and keep going.  I get down to 6 and then they start popping up again.  So I pull out temp pets and daggers to try and speed things up.  I get it down to 4 left but that seems to be my limit.  Then I find someone also taking down a pylon.  Apparently @Bill Z Bubba was testing out his WM/Bio scrapper and I kinda interrupted one of his tests right before he dropped the pylon.  So solo I failed and I am pretty sure it is not possible with a Sent but anyone who can fit travel powers in and get under 2 min regularly without incarnate or temp pets could probably manage it with the proper planning.  When the stars align and I get great luck on my procs and don't miss I can get just under 2 min but normally I am around 2:12 ish. 

 

Side note.  It is totally possible for a sent and a scrapper to duo a MSR.  After that we cleared out the remaining pylons and hopped on the ship to grab the badge.  I announced in chat that the shields were down but only one other person came to help so 2 people dropped all the pylons and 3 people were in the middle killing.  Only after everything was over did I realize I should have joined the vanguard before I started.  Woops, life goes on.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

I log in and find myself in RWZ and realize I haven't got all the exploration badges.  So I get them all and then remember the last one is on the ship.  I was about to start a MSR but then.....I wonder.....Can I drop the shields on my own?  So I set to find out.  I start clearing the map out and it is going well.  A couple times the ship tags me but I ignore it, heal through and keep going.  I get down to 6 and then they start popping up again.  So I pull out temp pets and daggers to try and speed things up.  I get it down to 4 left but that seems to be my limit.  Then I find someone also taking down a pylon.  Apparently @Bill Z Bubba was testing out his WM/Bio scrapper and I kinda interrupted one of his tests right before he dropped the pylon.  So solo I failed and I am pretty sure it is not possible with a Sent but anyone who can fit travel powers in and get under 2 min regularly without incarnate or temp pets could probably manage it with the proper planning.  When the stars align and I get great luck on my procs and don't miss I can get just under 2 min but normally I am around 2:12 ish. 

 

Side note.  It is totally possible for a sent and a scrapper to duo a MSR.  After that we cleared out the remaining pylons and hopped on the ship to grab the badge.  I announced in chat that the shields were down but only one other person came to help so 2 people dropped all the pylons and 3 people were in the middle killing.  Only after everything was over did I realize I should have joined the vanguard before I started.  Woops, life goes on.

Love this.

 

To add to the story from my PoV:

 

Ok, got hybrid assault T4ed at vet lvl 6 thanks to stealing all the emps from my other 50s. Time for some pylon testing.

Zone in: DAMNIT! There's a gorram ship raid going on.

Ok, they're going counter clockwise. I should at least get one good test in. Boom, 1:44. I can live with that.

Huh, pylons are respawning. Must be a single team trying to get this done. Screw it, I'll help.

Another pylon down. Some more respawn. Huh. What's goin on here. Hit another pylon, there's @HelenCarnate

Wait... seriously? They've soloed all those pylons?

And apparently wanna keep going? Ok.

Oh look, shields are down. Ok, to the ship.

Geez... I've faceplanted 5 times and she keeps goin? That's one hell of a sent build....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jinjer - Ridiculously tight scrapper metal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...