Multi-Purpose Suggesiton: Mission Computer / Mission Architect

Duuk

As a nice, fun way to alleviate the stress on Poor Ms. Liberty...

How about the Supergroup Mission Computer gets re-purposed as a Mission Architect access interface?

Then solo/small group supergroups can use their base as a be-all-and-end-all place to meet up, Ms. Liberty and Atlas gets a total strain reduction, everybody wins!

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

Pocket D has AE and a trainer (and is accessible to both factions).  Why not just advertise in-game that people who want to power level in AE could use PD as an alternative to AP/Mercy?

Because Pocket D is not directly accessible via AP or Mercy, while AE is.  Many (if not most) people who use AE do so because it's very convenient - asking them to go out of their way will likely be ignored.

As for the OP, think it's a good idea to double up on the Mission Computer functionality.  However, I don't see it reducing the Liberty problem, not only for the convenience issue mentioned, but also because not everyone has access to a base, or interest in getting it.  Might be better just to drop a trainer in the AE buildings (and a vendor also, if there isn't one already).

Pocket D has AE and a trainer (and is accessible to both factions).  Why not just advertise in-game that people who want to power level in AE could use PD as an alternative to AP/Mercy?

Because Pocket D is not directly accessible via AP or Mercy, while AE is.  Many (if not most) people who use AE do so because it's very convenient - asking them to go out of their way will likely be ignored.

As for the OP, think it's a good idea to double up on the Mission Computer functionality.  However, I don't see it reducing the Liberty problem, not only for the convenience issue mentioned, but also because not everyone has access to a base, or interest in getting it.  Might be better just to drop a trainer in the AE buildings (and a vendor also, if there isn't one already).

I’m fine with any of these solutions - SG Base, Add an entrance to Pocket D in Atlas/Mercy, or just slap a trainer in AE

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Now that the obvious problem of access has been pointed out to me I see that PD may not be the best solution.  But due to the other points made in this thread I don't see SGs as the solution either.  I think the solution posted about putting a trainer in all AE buildings is probably the best solution (and maybe throw in any other missing vendors, too).  It might as well be a one stop shop, given the massive amount of farming going on in game.  It's not likely to stop, so it might as well be convenient for players.

Well, my goal was to move things away from Liberty, since she's a social hang-out and always has been. 

My "long term" Quality of Life goals if the devs are planning on improving the game include making sure every Zone is self-sufficient so that all story arcs and contacts are zone-contained (each contact missions stay in their zone and lead to each other under you've out-leveled the zone and THEN breadcrumb you to the next zone), story arcs that follow your background chain properly, etc.

But a big start involves relieving congestion in Atlas, and since we can each have our own SG, my goal was to add a way to bypass Atlas while leveling.

All of these have been great suggestions!

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

On 7/22/2019 at 5:13 AM, TheOtherTed said:

Then you could use the AE building in Rikti War Zone...

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

• 2 weeks later
21 minutes ago, 100PercentWorthless said:

Any chance we could add a trainer that roams around outside of the Super Group portal in Atlas Park?

Name her Meghan?  She'd be all about that base portal.

When you're done training, she could simply reply with, "No Trouble."

I'm so sorry.

+1 for effort....-1 for the GROAN...+1 because I still smiled...

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting