Fastest Mission Leveling AT/PP combo?

Pyatra

Question:  What is the fastest mission leveling AT/Power pool combination?  I am currently running WM/Bio Scrapper and it seems to plow through mission leveling pretty quick.  I am aware maybe TW/Bio would be a little faster too... but is there some magic murder-hobo combination for just utterly ripping through mission leveling that I am missing?  Please assume no set enchantments and the purpose IS to mission level, so no AE, grinding Trials, stealth past all the mobs, etc..

Less Serious: I would also like to merge brute and scrapper into one category for this except power pools only available to one and not the other.  There is no actual good reason for this... I just want to constantly refer to "Scrapper or Brute" as Scute. :classic_biggrin:

Edit:  Just looked up what a scute actually is: a thickened horny or bony plate on a turtle's shell or on the back of a crocodile, stegosaurus, etc.  And now you know and knowing is half the battle!

Edited by Pyatra

11 minutes ago, GritIron said:

I would imagine elec/shield scrapper/brute would bulldoze its way through missions at a pretty good clip.  

Add in stalker. Any of the three with the ability to telenuke twice is going to make quick work of mobs. AS first with the stalker so AAO kicks in for the AoEs.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

As with most "what is best?" questions about the game the answer is the same. It depends. Some sets bloom late and would not be as fast at low levels. Some sets are great at AoE damage but lack single target so they can clear missions set for 3 or more people faster than one with more of a single target focus. But that single target set would likely plow through stuff set for 1 person faster. WM and TW are both good sets with both decent AoE and single target damage with the nod going to TW for probably the best mix. Bio is also a great secondary for adding AoE along with resist debuffs and endurance management and has several layers of protection and is decent against most anything out there.  So TW/Bio is probably up there with the best mix of AoE and single target killing speed along with decent enough protection to survive most everything the game throws at you. 

While not the AoE powerhouse of elec/shield, I've found my claws/rad scrapper to have virtually no downtime, thus allowing you to keep killing enemy after enemy.  Plus, you have very fast recharge, a build-up like power you can pretty much keep permanent, and even some ranged attacks...

4 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Add in stalker. Any of the three with the ability to telenuke twice is going to make quick work of mobs. AS first with the stalker so AAO kicks in for the AoEs.

This. If bosses are a factor then Stalker pulls ahead in my opinion. If they aren't, then Scrapper might be the best option. Brutes are great too, but those two nukes are better on Scrappers. 

For power pools, I'm a fan of fire on Scrappers, I love Fireball.

Stj/Bio stalker - stealth to end, kill stuff fast.   I suppose it matters what you're fighting and if you want to stealth, or kill all.  If you're doing +0x1 with no bosses, it hardly matters as long as you've got stealth and superspeed to get there fast.   

I actually feel like ninja/storm MM might be better than anything else especially without sets, set to agressive, and just follow/drag them around and they kill everything without you even having to bother targeting anything.

17 hours ago, Justisaur said:

Stj/Bio stalker - stealth to end, kill stuff fast.   I suppose it matters what you're fighting and if you want to stealth, or kill all.  If you're doing +0x1 with no bosses, it hardly matters as long as you've got stealth and superspeed to get there fast.   

I actually feel like ninja/storm MM might be better than anything else especially without sets, set to agressive, and just follow/drag them around and they kill everything without you even having to bother targeting anything.

To be honest I am getting a lot of the "finish objectives, now kill everything".   So using stealth to the end of a mission when regular blue side mission leveling would require a bunch of back tracking... or at least with my luck it will.  I haven't tried and MM yet.  Would ninja/storm be more for stealth abilities, if so does any MM steamroll fast?  I heard they were somewhat late bloomers for that.

This is an interesting question.  Some AT's will do better at -1/x8 while others do +2/x0.  My instincts/experience says that the x8 AT with bosses turned off will be faster.  I'd also ignore the 1st 20 levels, as the time difference is largely inconsequential compared to how you will handle the last 10-20 levels without teaming.  I'm assuming you'll have procs.  In addition to the AOE scutes, I'd include a Plant dom, confuse on almost every mob greatly accelerates solo mission clearing.  Also, Fire/Fire tank.  And of course, MM's - Thug, Demon, Bot with various secondaries.  Fire/Kin controller will fly thru the last 15 levels.  A Fire Sentinel.

1-20 can be done in little time with the 2x XP booster and DFBs so I'm not sure how much that should be a factor. What matters is 30-50 and most builds have matured by 32.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

1-20 can be done in little time with the 2x XP booster and DFBs so I'm not sure how much that should be a factor. What matters is 30-50 and most builds have matured by 32.

DFBs wouldn't really be what I would call mission leveling though, but you are right on the 32 for must builds, some I have seen mature about 35.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:02 AM, Pyatra said:

To be honest I am getting a lot of the "finish objectives, now kill everything".   So using stealth to the end of a mission when regular blue side mission leveling would require a bunch of back tracking... or at least with my luck it will.  I haven't tried and MM yet.  Would ninja/storm be more for stealth abilities, if so does any MM steamroll fast?  I heard they were somewhat late bloomers for that.

Server upgrade ate my reply.  

Stalker is still faster killing stuff than anything else, and it's a bit more engaging than scrapper or brute, with just a bit less health, and with SOs basic IOs you aren't going to be hitting resist caps so you won't be able to take best advantage of resists that most benefit brutes.   Stj I think has enough aoe to handle mid sized groups, certainly will be the fastest at minimum +0x1 with bosses, and can probably handle between +1 to +2 x4 with SOs, and will be able to handle more AVs than almost anything other than a support toon with -regen like rad (but those will be much slower for everything else until late game.)  Since you aren't going to have the ATO proc, you'll want to be using placate though.  If you want something more area focused, probably spines/bio stalker would be able to handle +0x6 to x8 eventually, maybe +1, but will be slower against AVs.  My only warning is bio might not be that good without sets, and is pretty difficult to set up properly and I'm not even sure how you would do it with just SOs.  Super Reflexes might be the way to go as it can get you closest to capped (capped?) on positional defenses with SOs.

Thinking on it more, while I love my bots/storm MM and solo with it well, without using sets or incarnates it's extremely end hungry, and unless you like converting all your inspirations to end you'd probably be running dry too often to make it fun.

My elec/elec Stalker plows though most anything.

Back on live my 50 alpha slotted Fire/Storm controller was my fastest/strongest mission clearer. A Very late blooming set though.

My live Fire/Kin was really good at pumping out lots of damage. Not quite the same surviveability and raw control and the fire/storm though.

My Bots/FF on live was a little slower but nothing stopped it.. could even walk over most mission based AV's.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Ninja/Kin MM

Time is Relative if your brain isn't engaged by the act of leveling and you level regardless you have completed that task very Quickly.

From my experience on my MM I completed missions almost instantly because I was never really there to begin with.

Rumblebee (Excelsior)