Hybrid Assault only works with pets if summoned while active

Pherdnut

Sorry if this is a dupe but I'm not seeing it and thought I posted yesterday, possibly at the exact wrong time. Site still had the old look and shortly after I saw the new look.

So I wanted to actually see how a stacking version of Hybrid Assault actually worked (whether the stacks were all on you or for each pet - it's each pet) but couldn't get anything on pets until I resummoned while the power was active. I verified this for both the very rare chance for double-damage with pet combat logs and the common version that adds stacks of damage bonuses by clicking the triangle in the pet tray to see their buff/debuff icons. Tested with a Demons/Miasma MM.

Since resummoning eats a lot of time out of that 2 minute duration and is just kind of a general drag, I switched to support which works, kind of, but no doubling of any stats as per the description - I'll file a separate report on that. I suspect there's something about certain types of MM toon state that doesn't get picked up by pets automatically. This may be related to what they noticed in the MM forum in that topic about procs on pets where people had to resummon after swapping out enhancements to test.

In any case it's kind of a huge bummer for MMs. Either damage boost would be a big deal.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Pherdnut said:

Been experimenting some more. It seems like after you summon while active one time, it works fine after that.

Yep it's an annoying bug. Every time you zone you need to summon pets during a hybrid effect for hybrid to affect them from then normally on (until death or zone). It seems like a small issue but is really critical in practise that affects several ATs.

Edited by Maxzero