Nerd/Geek Culture or "Off Topic" Forum

15 minutes ago, GM Widower said:

And if you do, perhaps we should call it Comic and Hero/Villain Culture?

That was actually a section within 'For Fun!' in the old forums. I think it might be too narrow for the name of a new section.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Yeah, I'd really prefer it be some sort of generic "off topic" forum, but maybe related to culture so that it's known that it's not a political forum. (Although I personally would love to have a political forum, I understand why you'd want to stay away from having one)

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Like 1
I'm out.

• City Council
3 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

That was actually a section within 'For Fun!' in the old forums. I think it might be too narrow for the name of a new section.

Yes, I was there, you know. ☺️

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Yeah, I'd really prefer it be some sort of generic "off topic" forum, but maybe related to culture so that it's known that it's not a political forum. (Although I personally would love to have a political forum, I understand why you'd want to stay away from having one)

I asked about a generic "off topic" forum some weeks ago, and it got vetoed.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

1 hour ago, GM Widower said:

I asked about a generic "off topic" forum some weeks ago, and it got vetoed.

Is "off-topic" then forbidden on the boards, or is General Discussion ok for "Nerd Culture".  Seems silly we can't talk about Superheroes on a  Superhero game forum...

Maybe a new vote with new boards?  🙂

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• City Council
3 minutes ago, justicebeliever said:

Is "off-topic" then forbidden on the boards, or is General Discussion ok for "Nerd Culture".  Seems silly we can't talk about Superheroes on a  Superhero game forum...

Maybe a new vote with new boards?  🙂

Until the situation gets settled, I'd say General Discussion is fine so long as CoH stuff doesn't get crowded out.

• Like 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Awesome Possum

*Thinks about 50 new posts he can start, but probably won't*

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting