On 4/14/2020 at 1:30 PM, Surge Protector said:

So I'm running into a hiccup with my Warshade binds. I believe this should work, but in practice only the latter power activates (depending on how I order the bind).

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name shadow step$$pow_exec_name black dwarf step" --> only the black dwarf step works

and

/bind lshift+lbutton "pow_exec_name black dwarf step$$pow_exec_name shadow step" --> only shadow step works.

Am I missing something?

@Surge Protector Here's how I manage form switching on Warshades:

Set up a macro (or a keybind) for each of your forms:

/macro Human "bind_load_file wshuman.txt"

/macro Dwarf "bind_load_file blackdwarf.txt"

/macro Nova "bind_load_file wsnova.txt"

What this does, is when you switch forms you reload all of the keybinds listed in each of the form's bind files, which then also toggle your form powers and rotate trays in the first tray row to the appropriate ones with all the powers for that form.    By rotating trays, you don't have to change muscle memory for firing off attacks, they're right where you expect them to be if you're a mouse-clicker, and work with the standard number keys if you're a numpad jockey or a number row maven.

EDIT: 

Discovered something from the 'settitle.txt' bind file that the Badger badge database log parser uses. 

You can get commands in a bind file to EXECUTE when a bind file is loaded, by prefacing the command line with $$. 

This is kind of a 'cheat', because when CoH loads a bind file, it assumes every line begins with the word "Bind" followed by the contents of the line.  By putting $$ at the beginning of a line, CoH interprets this as "Bind (nothing) $$ execute this command".  

This means instead of creating a macro to do three things (toggling off powers/changing forms, rolling power trays, and loading a new file), you can have it load a file that switches your form and rolls your tray, and then in turn loads your keybinds for that form.  

WS Human : uses Tray 1  -- wshuman.txt ==> wshbind.txt

WS Dwarf: uses Tray 8 -- blackdwarf.txt ==> wsdbind.txt

WS Nova: uses Tray 9 -- wsnova.txt ==> wsnbind.txt

Lastly... if you're tired of having a battlecry that's too short to fit into the ID character limit, or you want a different one for each form, you can always rebind F10 to say whatever you want.

/bind F10 "/l I will feed on your souls.$$/l I will consume your life essence!$$/l I will strike terror into the hearts of your next of kin!!$$/l I!$$/l AM!$$/l THE!$$/l M'F'ING!$$/l WARSHADE!!"

Which should come out to:

I will feed on your souls.

I will consume your life essence!

I will strike terror into the hearts of your next of kin!!

I!

AM!

THE!

M'F'ING!

WARSHADE!!

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• 3 weeks later

Hey guys, couple hopefully quick questions:

1. how do I list my keybinds in chat? /bindlist doesn't work on HC...I know I can save them to a file and look at them that way, but that seems a bit silly.

2. I saw somewhere a simple, instant teleport bind, so that when I press the 'F' key for example, it instantly teleports me to where my cursor is pointing - no secondary click, release or anything else

(never mind - found this one on one of my alts it's:    /bind F "powexec_location Cursor Teleport"     🙂

3. how to I then bind my normal teleport on my Warshade say, to the same key as the Black Dwarf one? Or do I need to re-bind as part of the form switch binds every time?

Cheers!

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Like 1

Game over man, game over!

• 1 month later
On 10/17/2022 at 12:37 AM, Nostromo21 said:

Hey guys, couple hopefully quick questions:

1. how do I list my keybinds in chat? /bindlist doesn't work on HC...I know I can save them to a file and look at them that way, but that seems a bit silly.

AFAIK, you need to save them to a file, and then open the file, there is no way to dump them all into chat.  

2. I saw somewhere a simple, instant teleport bind, so that when I press the 'F' key for example, it instantly teleports me to where my cursor is pointing - no secondary click, release or anything else

(never mind - found this one on one of my alts it's:    /bind F "powexec_location Cursor Teleport"     🙂

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexecname Teleport"

is how I do it, but if you wanted a key to send you to wherever the mouse is pointing (within range anyway) the above would work.  Keep in mind that if there's an object in the way (a tree, or your own body if you're in 3rd person camera), you'll not port very far.  I've the same issue with the shift-click method, which is why I have a "camera center", a "to target", a "straight up" and a "straight down" bind also.   

` "powexec_location camera:max Teleport"

SHIFT+` "powexec_location target Teleport"

SHIFT+SPACE "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"
SHIFT+X "powexeclocation down:max Teleport"

I used SHIFTed Space and X because unshifted Space is up (jump or fly) and X is down (fly). 

3. how to I then bind my normal teleport on my Warshade say, to the same key as the Black Dwarf one? Or do I need to re-bind as part of the form switch binds every time?

Cheers!

You should be able to  "double up" the port bindings so that Shadow Step fires in human form and Black Dwarf Step fires in dwarf form.  For example:

SHIFT+LBUTTON "powexecname Shadow Step$$powexecname Black Dwarf Step"

But others have noted issues that sometimes the chain doesn't work.   So you're probably going to need to rebind everything as part of the form shift.

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Thanks 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

• 9 months later
On 7/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, Shenanigunner said:

Or the simplest of all: /bind LeftDoubleClick "powexecname Teleport"

I've tried them all and this one is just... convenient. No brains, no complex finger moves, just click and go, click and go.

I use MOUSECHORD for +up, so I can jump over obstacles while on autorun, one handed.

And the easy look-around, get-moving-from-canyons, emergency escape bind: /bind U "powexeclocation up:max Teleport"

Bam. One key and you're up an outta there.

Best one. Thank you very much.