Okay Hotshot: Going Up!

Going Up  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which elevator do you pick?

• Retired Game Master

Okay Hotshot, 

You've infiltrated the office and taken down some bad guys. But let's get to the real challenge. Which elevator do you use? Which is the 'correct' one? And why?

Elevators.thumb.PNG.dfe621a65c6cf90dd8bdc6e8db7f3fa2.PNG

• Like 1

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

I default to the right more often than not, and the far elevator will be the first to come into sight on that side, so ...

((Edit: also, the far elevator means my pets will be dragged further into the elevator room before I click, when playing an MM ... less likely to have problems, that way.))

Edited by PaxArcana
  • Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

Elevator 3 because I'm superspeeding and always whiff elevator 4.

• Like 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

• Retired Game Master

It's interesting that 3 seems to be pulling ahead.

It's the one I use myself because back in the day we'd sometimes run into mobs right there as you come out of the room. So you go to the back to avoid aggroing them before you loaded fully into the new floor. I used to run with a regular group and we developed a protocol where half of us would go left and half would go right. I was always on the 'right' team. So 3 it was.

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.

2 or 3.

Always pick the "back" elevator ... so as to arrive at a location farthest away from potential aggro upon exit.

This is why in tech labs with the "pneumatic tube" elevators I will always pick the center elevator, because the tube will block Line of Sight against anything beyond the elevator room, so you're safe(r) upon exit than using either of the other elevators.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

#3 95% of the time.

I learned early on to always take the rear elevators to help prevent unexpected aggro from mobs who may have spawned in close proximity.

Why on the right-hand side? I dunno, might be a product of being right-handed or our driving system xD.

Interestingly enough when I'm driving down a parking lot, I prefer to park on the left hand side. Assuming I have a choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

2, and before reading all other answers (but after voting and seeing the post results), I was about to ask whether right-handed people were more likely to pick 3. 🙂 Interesting...

As likely an explanation as any IMHO.

What was no more, is REBORN!