Hey, you! Yes you! Have you ever wanted to shoot somebody in the face, but you can't because you're not a Blaster, Corruptor, Defender or Sentinel? Did you ever want to freeze somebody in a block of ice and then turn them into swiss cheese with a rat-a-tat-tat and a big ol' grin, you sicko? Well buddy, do I have a deal for you! Get a gander at the brand new, top of the line Tactical Rifle! This baby does it all. It Shoots, it launches grenades, it's got a flamethrower. I even taped a knife to it! I'd like to see those fancy ranged classes do that! So what'll it be? Cash, or cash?

spacer.png

This set suggestion is a lot more ranged-focused than many other Assault sets, having only two actual melee attacks and a single "pseudo-melee" short-range attack in Hollow Point, but that's to be expected with an Assault Rifle. Gunkata nonsense would be much more appropriate for a porting of Dual Pistols to Assault rather than this. As you can see, this uses minimal new assets, with the only new things being Targeting Reticule's dual-use and Hollow Point, the other powers all being pulled from existing powers wholesale or with small modifications.

Power Level Effect
spacer.png Burst 1 Ranged, Moderate DoT(Lethal), Foe -DEF
spacer.png Bayonet 2 Melee, Moderate Damage over Time (Lethal/Smashing)
spacer.png M30 Grenade 4 Ranged (Targeted AoE), Moderate DMG(Lethal/Smash), Foe Knockback
spacer.png Beanbag 10 Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe: Immobilize -Recharge -Fly
spacer.png Targeting Reticle 16 Self +DMG, +To-Hit, Foe -Def
spacer.png Sniper Rifle 20 Sniper, Extreme DMG(Lethal), Foe Knockback
spacer.png Hollow Point 28 Short Ranged, High Damage (Lethal/Smashing), Foe Knockback, Foe -Res, Chance for Minor DoT(Lethal)
spacer.png Flamethrower 35 Melee (Cone), Extreme DoT(Fire)
spacer.png Full Auto 38 Ranged (Cone), Superior DoT(Lethal), +Special

spacer.pngBayonet
Your weapon includes a bayonet attachment which you can use to stab at your enemies for lethal damage as well as causing them to bleed over time.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Melee Damage

spacer.pngBeanbag
Fires a single non-lethal Beanbag that can seriously Disorient a target. Deals little damage and takes a long time to reload, but renders most targets unable to attack for a good while.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate, Enhance Disorient Duration
Set Categories: Ranged Damage, Stuns

spacer.pngBurst
Quickly fires a Burst of rounds at a single target at very long range. Damage is average, but the firing rate is fast. Can also reduce the target's Defense.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Enhance Defense Debuff, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Ranged Damage, Defense Debuff, Accurate Defense Debuff

spacer.pngFlamethrower
Spews forth a cone of flames from underneath the barrel of your assault rifle, setting foes on fire. Very accurate and very deadly at close range.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Targeted AoE Damage

Notes: Modified to be a melee cone. Probably doing more damage to make up for it.

spacer.pngFull Auto
Opens up your Assault Rifle on Full Auto to lay down a massive spray of bullets at your target. Although very slow to reload, damage from this attack is massive, shredding all targets within the narrow cone of effect. There's a chance you may land a lucky shot for extra damage.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Targeted AoE Damage

spacer.pngHollow Point
Fire hollow point rounds that tear your opponent's armor and flesh alike, while knocking them back with the force of the shot. This power reduces the target's damage resistance. It also has a chance to inflict a Lethal Damage over Time that increases as the target's resistance to Lethal damage falls. This attack's range is significantly short than many other attacks in this set.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Knockback Distance, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Ranged Damage, Knockback
Notes: The formula for determining the proc chance on the DoT would probably be something like proc = 100% - (lethal resistance) capped at 95%, so a hardcapped Tanker would only have a little over 10% chance of getting hit with the DoT, while a defenseless blaster would have a near-100% chance of getting proc'd.

spacer.pngM30 Grenade
Launches a Grenade at long range from beneath the barrel of your Assault Rifle. This explosion affects all within the blast radius, and can knock them back.  
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, Reduce Endurance Cost, Knockback Distance, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Targeted AoE Damage, Knockback

spacer.pngSniper Rifle
The Sniper Rifle is a powerful piece of hardware. It is very accurate and has a very long range. The impressive round can knock down its target. Like most sniper attacks, you must take your time to aim, as this attack can be interrupted. If used in conjunction with a targeting drone, the Sniper Rifle will do additional damage.
Enhancements: Enhance Accuracy, Enhance Damage, reduce Interrupt Time, Reduce Endurance Cost, Enhance Knockback Distance, Enhance Range, Increase Attack Rate
Set Categories: Ranged Damage, Sniper Attacks, Knockback

spacer.pngTargeting Reticle
Your Tactical Rifle comes equipped with an advanced targeting reticle that allows you to aim more effectively, and can also hone in on a specific enemy, boosting your accuracy and damage. If you use this power while targeting an enemy, that enemy suffers a small penalty to defense for a short period as you mark your target.
Enhancements: Enhance Defense Debuff, Reduce Endurance Cost, Increase Attack Rate, Enhance ToHit Buff
Set Categories: ToHit Buff

Notes: I honestly don't know if the tech to do a self clicky with an optional target exists. If it doesn't, then this could just be made into a standard Aim, or a power that requires a target to fire off at all.

• Like 3

Great work Malonky1 - I would totally play this...

+1 Inf (or Reputation now??)...Hell with it, I'll just go like your post!

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Gun is the best power because it gives you the ability to make things stop breathing.

No but seriously, this is a good pitch.  Within the framework of what we know is possible, and it fills a niche both in terms of concept and what Assault sets do.

6 hours ago, Sunsette said:

Well done; my question is, what's the natural partner to this in a Dominator?

Perhaps we need a Suppressing Fire control set.

Or some sort of Control set featuring Gadgets?

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.