Proc Monsters - The New Offender

Sir Myshkin

Hm. Disruption Arrow has a 20s recharge and a 30 second duration, but it should stack, no? I mean, it's flagged as "not stacking from the same source", but since the source is a DIFFERENT "origin point" pet from each arrow, they should be counted as different sources, and stack. So, firing it more often than every 30 seconds should be beneficial.

7 hours ago, Coyote said:

Hm. Disruption Arrow has a 20s recharge and a 30 second duration, but it should stack, no? I mean, it's flagged as "not stacking from the same source", but since the source is a DIFFERENT "origin point" pet from each arrow, they should be counted as different sources, and stack. So, firing it more often than every 30 seconds should be beneficial.

You can see the stack occur in the video, but between the animation time and the fact I have to actually click-drop it ends up being about ~3, so my overlap is only 6-7 seconds long. This isn't a bad thing necessarily but since the window of exchange is so small, sometimes adding what I call "dead" animation time into your chain isn't always worth the expected benefit. Basically is the overlap in that moment significant enough that I would have done less damage if I'd instead just attacked two or three times in that window. 

Fast Ranged Shot and Ice Arrow would do ~900 damage (give or take 50 points on a proc) if I fired them in that window, am I gaining more than that in the following 7 seconds, or loosing? I also have to look at the order of things. I was usually hitting Acid Arrow > Disruption Arrow > Aim > Ranged > Ice > Blazing. Ice Arrow gets absolutely not benefit from Aim (being all procs). Would I have been better off flipping some of that so maybe Disruption > Aim > Acid > Ranged > Blazing > Ice. Looking back at it, I probably should've done it that way under the assumption that Aim would at least marginally benefit Acid's DoT and leave Ice Arrow until the end so that if something delayed me and I missed a portion of the buff, it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Sir Myshkin

16 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

but between the animation time and the fact I have to actually click-drop

I highly recommend turning this into a bind. I hate click drops so I use the powerexec_loc target bind to always cast it on my target. Did that with distortion field, game changer

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

14 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I highly recommend turning this into a bind. I hate click drops so I use the powerexec_loc target bind to always cast it on my target. Did that with distortion field, game changer

Yes to this! changed up my two favourite sets so much for the better (storm and traps).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I don't like this solution for two reasons.

The first issue is that there are sometimes pathing issues. BAF is notorious for this, where target binds can't find a short enough path to the target (even when you're standing right next to it).

The second issue is that you lose a major virtue of location AE: they're not tied to a target. You don't have to worry about the center of your AE suddenly shifting halfway across the room because someone used knockback or the mob decides to start running. You don't have to carefully target the precise mob in the center of the spawn.

What I tend to do with Location AE is bind them to shift-lbutton and alt-lbutton. These buttons allow one button clicking in the environment and I in term bind them to extra buttons on my mouse so I don't even have to push the modifier keys - I just click one button.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

I don't like this solution for two reasons.

The first issue is that there are sometimes pathing issues. BAF is notorious for this, where target binds can't find a short enough path to the target (even when you're standing right next to it).

The second issue is that you lose a major virtue of location AE: they're not tied to a target. You don't have to worry about the center of your AE suddenly shifting halfway across the room because someone used knockback or the mob decides to start running. You don't have to carefully target the precise mob in the center of the spawn.

What I tend to do with Location AE is bind them to shift-lbutton and alt-lbutton. These buttons allow one button clicking in the environment and I in term bind them to extra buttons on my mouse so I don't even have to push the modifier keys - I just click one button.

I keep one keybind for target location drop. I still maintain regular location capability with my other keys. It's added capability, not substituted. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Traps Testing

As planned, loaded up a 50 Traps Manipulation on Justin to give a whirl on Proc possibilities in the set. There are a ton of procs, a ton of powers, and a ton of possibilities.

Seeker Drones

No Impact. I loaded them up with Gladiator, Clouded, and Apocalypse, and got zero impact back (and that was watching both damage channels, and their general over-head damage dealt). These things also deal inconsistent general damage on their own. Saw them double, then not double, then one double and not the other, but never any proc damage.

Caltrops

Load it up. Use it. It follows the same standard expectations as any other mob-based AoE. The more in the spawn, the more likely you are you see a proc go off. And I mean any of them. I put Annihilation, Impeded, and Positron's in, and saw all of them proc multiple times. The one thing I did test in here that didn't seem to actual do anything was the Overwhelming Force KD unique. Wanted to try and turn Caltrops into a KD patch, and it proc'd occasionally, but didn't transform the patch effect.

Poison Trap

I packed this one full of the entire run of Hold procs, they all went off, some multiple times. I'll include a sample from the log of one single Poison Trap event.

Spoiler

Poison Gas: Gunslinger takes 134.88 points of bonus psionic damage!
Poison Gas: You hit Gunslinger for 94.41 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Poison Gas: Your target takes 161.05 points of bonus smashing damage!
Poison Gas: Tactical Operative takes 134.88 points of bonus psionic damage!
Poison Gas: You hit Tactical Operative for 101.16 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Poison Gas: Your Poison Gas holds Gunslinger!
Poison Gas: Your Poison Gas holds Tactical Operative!
Poison Gas: You hit Tactical Operative for 101.16 points of bonus Lethal damage!

This was done on an 8-pack of level 42 Malta. Once the trap explodes it has a 10/s lifespan. A lot happens in that period of time! 17 Proc activations, that's at least 2 hits per mob in the spawn.

For anyone that wants to super-analyze these abilities. The biggest short-fall with Poison Trap when Proc'd out, a lot of the mobs end up running out of the field reducing the amount of chance to get smacked, so I paired it up with Caltrops to help slow the process down a hair, and pulled the log for both. This following hidden field contains that log of the two for their duration together. Lot of proc occurrences in there!

Spoiler

Caltrops: Your Caltrops hits Operation Engineer for 4.94 points of Lethal damage.
Caltrops: Your Caltrops hits Operation Engineer for 4.94 points of Lethal damage.
Caltrops: Your target takes 107.9 points of bonus smashing damage!
Caltrops: Your Caltrops hits Gunslinger for 4.61 points of Lethal damage.
Caltrops: You blast Operation Engineer for 134.88 points of bonus energy damage!
Caltrops: You knock down Operation Engineer with Overwhelming Force!
Caltrops: You blast Operation Engineer for 134.88 points of bonus energy damage!
Poison Trap: You hit Operation Engineer for 101.16 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Poison Trap: Your target takes 161.05 points of bonus smashing damage!
Poison Gas: You hit Operation Engineer for 101.16 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Poison Gas: Operation Engineer takes 134.88 points of bonus psionic damage!
Poison Gas: You hit Gunslinger for 94.41 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Poison Gas: Your Poison Gas holds Operation Engineer!

Poison Gas: You hit Operation Engineer for 101.16 points of bonus Lethal damage!

Caltrops: You knock down Operation Engineer with Overwhelming Force!

Caltrops: You blast Gunslinger for 107.9 points of bonus energy damage!

Trip Mine

So this is a super-easy power to mass-test with little effort. I loaded it up with every single proc it can take (4 dam and 1 FF+Rech). The FF+Rech did exactly what I was hoping it would. Wasn't 100% every time, but often enough that Trip Mine could literally become a super-charger for getting some abilities back on track if you get wiped out. Stack up a few mines, get 10, 15, 20, whatever seconds worth of +100% you want to get your abilities back on track, and drop a fast-stack of 20+ mines. I dropped huge chunks and then coaxed a mob to walk into them, get my boom, and see what happened.

Nothing. Nothing happened. Super let-down. So they only proc that actually did work was the one that impacted me. Take that for what it's worth. Trip Mines are a fun way to stack up a huge pile of damage on a hard target with no effort other than time, and FF+Rech makes that go by in a hurry.

Time Bomb

We all know this power is kinda lack-luster. Okay-ish boom on a timer. Allows a Traps user to slip in, plant, and move on. Procs would've made this power a blast*, yet I didn't get anything back. Planted two (one each) in a spawn of 10 Malta, and waited. And got nothing but the standard application of damage. What's strange here is that the powers you wouldn't think that would become awesome, do, and the powers you want to become fantastic, can't.

Acid Mortar

This was my last test for the pile because I had to take it against a Pylon since that's the only thing I could test against that would sit still and accept it. Also, the Test Dummy's in RWZ have disappeared on Justin, so I couldn't give that a shot for proc counts or anything cause... they literally are just gone from the room.

Given how many other things in the game that can carry the -Res procs, and how many of them (generally) do well, I was really hoping for better results than I got. Now, we're all going to take Acid Mortar. We're all going to try and double-stack it on hard targets, so that's already -52%, getting that free bump from time to time, maybe worth it enh? Well, I'm a bit on the fence on the value of that slot. I didn't mean to, I had turned on screen capture just for a quick reference later in the assumption it went well, and... it didn't, but now I have 35 minutes of "Will. It. PROOOOC?!" I looked over the combat log for the occurrence hits and there showed more than I had counted visually through Power Analyzer. Not a dramatic amount more (like 2 or 3), but they were there. I also timed the duration of the proc hits and they were falling off at weird intervals. I noticed some snapping away within 5/s of appearing, which isn't the first time I've seen something like that occur, but never so often from one power generating the proc.

The interesting thing here is that I also tossed Caltrops with the Annihilation -Res on the Pylon, and it was pretty much a given on each patch that I'd get the -12.5%. Wasn't necessarily at the beginning, but somewhere in that duration I was getting it (7 out of 8 attempts).

Closing Arguments!

• Poor, poor Time Bomb. Alas, we never cared for you anyway.
  • Trip Mine is now my "Super Charge" power. +Rech on demand, and who's gonna stress a bunch of mines all over the place anyway 😄 Most of us get this power anyway, at least now we know that the damage procs don't work (at all), and can just slot it casually as available.
  • Poison Trap performed way better than expected, and really needs some kind of mass Immob to shine. For Controllers (or any blast set that can support the Immob), this is gonna be killer.
  • Clatrops is probably my MVP right now. It all-around ended up doing more/better than I'd anticipated. I was fully expecting it to a) not proc, and b) not proc often if it did. It beat both those expectations. And what's super weird is that now that I'm saying this, I'm having flashbacks to Sunset and having a conversation with folks about PPM changes on i24 beta and them saying something very similar back then.
  • Seeker Drones, eh, see, I used to use these like RP drones, fun to just have idling around and making things look and feel "active." They gave "atmosphere" while I was standing around. And they were amusing when something tries to sneak up and they just zip over and BOOM. But their damage is lacking, and the -Acc/-Percep is somewhat a bad trade for what they are. Since these can't utilize any procs, easily shuffling these back out of a build most likely. At least in the realm of "unless I don't have anything better, I'll get them as a toy power."
  • Acid Mortar... It worked, but not at the level I'd hoped. The proc chances look to scale like they do for a lot of other abilities that create toggle-like effects. One check every 10/s, and the power itself runs for 60 (so 6 ticks). At each tick interval, I typically only tracked one proc, but there were occasionally two, but also some with none, so the average expectation was one guaranteed proc every 10/s, which was a safe bet. All free damage is good free damage.

Overall not a dramatic change, places where I'd wanted damage to be available weren't, but Poison Trap kind of makes up for some of that. My dream of dropping 13k on an AV from a stack of Trip Mines has been ruined, but oh well. Overall I did some minor tweaks to the previously posted build and updated for the shortcomings in the procs. I didn't end up taking Seeker Drones out because there's just not many other "better" choices. Could swap in Tactics for the added benefit in teams, but the biggest primary goal here has always been about the Defender first-and-foremost, and that backup-boom might not be bad to keep around for a little atmosphere.

Survival wise compared to the previous versions of Proc Monsters, I feel like these have all had a unique way of approaching the attempt at becoming unkillable. With very little effort involved, this set gets to soft cap values to pretty much everything (AoE/F/C/Psi at 43%). Dark Miasma uses Darkest Night to fake its way there, and Time just goes nuts on defense in general. From a debuff stand point, I don't think Traps will necessarily do anything more-or-less different than Dark ultimately did. I feel like Dark gets a leg-up on -Res maximization, but Traps gets a double-shot value of -Regen. Looking at the front-end numbers, -60 (with 15/s intervals of -90) versus -52 (with sparse intervals of -72, -84, or -64, depending if/when something extra procs). From an attack stand point, specifically given I looked at Water Blast, the fact that Water Jet can double-dip on the regular, and trades off against Aqua Bolt and Dominate (in this build), is plenty doable, but not something that would perform much differently than Dark/Dark did, as I see it. What little +Dam different Water would earn, I'd say, is more than passed by the much more consistent larger windows of -Res in Dark. As such, I don't think I will (currently) respec and test the build, but instead shift my attention to the next opportunity for these.

A side note that seems curiously interesting to me, not related to Defenders, is the idea of Ill/Traps. Not necessarily so much as a "Lets make this the next Pylon King," but more in the sense of how Phantom Army would really play off giving a Traps user the time and ability to work around a collective mob at their own pace while something Tanks for them. One of the biggest pitfalls in Traps is that FFG, Acid Mortar, those are killable, and also a big part of survival. Phantasm is also a strong aspect of Illusions damage, but he goes off and kills himself all the time. A Tank Protected FFG, with a few of the +Def IO's might be enough backbone to keep that guy alive. This is all just a purely runaway thought I'll probably try and create a build for, but my study of Traps did bring up some thoughts towards abnormal builds we don't normally see, and the curiosity of what kind of output it would have.

Anyway, here's the updated build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Traps
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(13), PstBls-Dam%(15)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(7), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), ShlBrk-%Dam(11)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Pnc-Heal(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(15), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(34)
Level 4: Water Burst -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Rgn-Knock%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam%(46), TchofLadG-%Dam(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(48), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 8: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), GldNet-Dam%(46), SprEnt-End/Rchg(48)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(40), GldArm-End/Res(43), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 16: Tidal Forces -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21)
Level 22: Whirlpool -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(33)
Level 24: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), GldJvl-Dam%(31), ImpSwf-Dam%(31), Apc-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Dominate -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(36), UnbCns-Dam%(43), GldNet-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Geyser -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Dam%(39)
Level 41: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 44: Seeker Drones -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Trip Mine -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), HO:Nucle(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(5)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 9.13% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.56% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.56% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 9.13% Defense(Energy)
  • 9.13% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 12.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 7.2% Max End
  • 24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 85% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 8% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • 156.4 HP (15.38%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -7)
  • Knockup (Mag -7)
  • MezResist(Confused) 40%
  • MezResist(Held) 40%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 40%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 40%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 40%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 40%
  • 13.5% (0.23 End/sec) Recovery
  • 66% (2.8 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 23% Resistance(Fire)
  • 23% Resistance(Cold)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 8.75% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 8.75% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 15% SpeedRunning

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1537;727;1454;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B4C134118C767BA5BA0D042EBB694570B6DC1F2284B97875E4C4C14302|
		|818A2468F645396B60996A6AD891C8C12437C5FBC70F2E041838F78F07DD5BB27E3|
		|49EFE8C1C741133DD58FFD7F2D4DBAE9E637FB9FF99E33D3858BD3EE67C7360E0BD|
		|97A74D52C1697A6AD152BB76C159C0B663A9B12BB4F23BD5A455F3A726165453F53|
		|30F3C5EEAA76CACCA5AD65FD9C59DA5D407E4ABEB95CC62A58B9925E197816D7D65|
		|6F5D96C3A53CAE6D2CDF6D7E9BC652DBBEDE1BC65E6496FAB7C90DB62269BF7CFE4|
		|B3297DB1B89ECA64534B0BE4D92AAC775042097AAF79043F658778288508A9C2BDA|
		|30861A8A2F5ADB07929565DE314F7A135DC039B86B0B62901367F70800D8AEDEB3A|
		|F997D2B655651FFBED01BB42CC3018E9052F533C85E329E3F0A71E001BA6C07D93C|
		|C83A07F13BC41F19C6CEB7CA2DA5AFC2938CA398E718E639CA3F18EBE3555C8466C|
		|14D98AC62ED41723C1054DBA3EC3CEFD05BC45B15A30A7B498E85DE4BC44AC198EF|
		|51EB115F2E3411F14CF18E6E24970D8608E831B547F1BEF49DB08F2F03E404CEF23|
		|EE07F9F3B13F5F0031FB34B0DF0BC6FD603BADD5B0566ABCD6CF7357285680FB157|
		|88EF8ED2F982FC18E57CCD760DF1BF026D51FE41C82951CD86FC4CEC125464F606D|
		|9472E8E41C3AED9A5CA29F799572E8E61CBA93E857CF04731C0CF3DE85F98C860DD|
		|E7FF21B825F118AC09F8FB45E688EDE406D4F5CC2D0C08FE42ECA31A3DB88117BCC|
		|E4BD8CF15E0ECF215682F77493F21DE07D1F9882CDFE49A6C1E4BBF3894C06F9FC0|
		|FFE83FDD05FE66FE61F301144DCDBD4D7113E7323A31C5B07EFD09CCE733A9F79E3|
		|107D52583FD59DE4F39BE4BA7BD4EADDA51F3D62B84E49D629469D3251A74CD629F|
		|375CAC95D05D59717551ED2ACB4675DDEEA3D2F7F6FAEFE4F081943EF7EEE690E19|
		|418F1C675197E33831AE8A1FB57683B0FBB5A7497997EFCB163348E08C666BC65B1|
		|A8D3997EDE89EBED35EADA9FCB566FCAD66FC1F78F7EC18|

• Like 3

So after reading this I went to the test server and rolled up a dp/kin corr I was more interested in recharge and aoe than anything else. I figured dp would be good because of the ff recharge proc and all the other procs available while still allowing me to use a fire DOT with swap ammo. I went /kin because I wanted to slot all the procs while still scourging at capped dmg. 

I'll post more later, but the FF recharge proc stacks with itself, you can easily get to the recharge cap this way with bullet rain and repel. Is this well known?

59 minutes ago, Darkir said:

I'll post more later, but the FF recharge proc stacks with itself, you can easily get to the recharge cap this way with bullet rain and repel. Is this well known?

I have seen the FF proc twice on my AoE DoT attacks (Bullet Rain and Hail of Bullets), but it stacked the duration, not the amount. For example, I hit Bullet Rain, immediately got the +RCH, then 5 seconds later it triggered again without another attack.

I have not looked to see if it stacks with other attacks. Luckily, I do have video at home of doing a S/L farm while monitoring the recharge boost. I'll have to go back and look, perhaps I can confirm your findings.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:19 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

You touched on the biggest problem with -Regen. Time doesn't really have a stable/reliable outsource for -Regen in the build (not at a value that's beneficial enough to compensate for what it costs in DPS loss just to activate it). You can definitely make a Time/* Anything Defender (or Corruptor, really, and Controller, honestly) that can run around with 50%+ Defense to everything and Perma Chrono/Hasten with little effort, but there's just not a secondary it can pair with that can compensate for what it lacks in debuffs. Slowed Response is just not enough -Res, doesn't double on itself at all unlike most of the other Primary sets that have a similar power (Freezing Rain or Tar Patch both have a 10-15/s overlap possible

Hmm...   demon/time  MM. I don’t think it has -regen but it has 3 -res attacks, I think the pets do some -res.   And /Time could boost their defense.  

General Update

Did a mass edit/update to the primary post of the topic to include a swarm of the modified/created builds from throughout this process, and a bit of a topic conclusion. Of all the different varying builds possible I was able to touch on a lot of them. The Primary set was the biggest one to seek out the best way to bend them to benefiting a Proc-focused Secondary, and to see which of them themselves could bend some Procs. While I didn't explicitly test it myself in this thread, I've gotten enough otherwise experience with Dual Pistol previously to be confident in my suggestions with it, and including it in the recommendation of blast sets, and Hjarki had pointed out many of what Assault Rifle does that works for the purpose as well, but I realize I forgot to talk about the fact that Assault Rifle is almost all AoE/Cone centric. A big part of not intentionally testing AR was the fact that it only has two attacks I'd be able to freely use as ST, and be forced to take (and deal with) the "non weapon" power Char/Dominate in order to have a reliable ST chain. As far as "showing off" that set, a Pylon test wasn't the best path, that set is going to be more experiential in missions.

After all this, I think I might be off to roll a real Trick/Archery, cause I think that was the one I ultimately had the most random fun with. I might also pull together a couple more videos of some of the other Pylon runs and add them in.

4 hours ago, Darkir said:

For all the testing that I've done, the proc has never stacked on itself. Ever. I have (as Bopper mentioned they have as well) gotten it to continue its time by additive durations. Current max time was 20 or 25 seconds I think? But no, between what I've done, Obitus, Hjarki, or Bopper, whom have all put a considerable amount of time in, have not (that I have seen in any of our conversations) gotten it to stack the +100% buff onto itself (to create a +200% buff).

3 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

Hmm...   demon/time  MM. I don’t think it has -regen but it has 3 -res attacks, I think the pets do some -res.   And /Time could boost their defense.  

Stacking more -Res can always help, and MM pets in general will have a significant impact on their own just for their DPS as pets. Unfortunate side of the equation is that there's not a lot going on their for the whole Proc concept. A few pets can take and exploit a proc here and there, but Demon/Time wont have a lot of that concept going on I don't think.

On 8/4/2019 at 5:13 PM, Bopper said:

For me, I'm a bit over-exagerating the impact of having to "click" that power drop. A bind is definitely a worth-while way to go, but in my case I'm using a mouse with a 12-key thumb pad and I line up my primary, secondary, and tertiary use powers on my corresponding trays (1, 2, 3). 1-6 clicks tray 1, alt+1-6 tray 2, ctrl+1-6 tray 3. If anyone watched the video might notice, my cursor stays at the base of the Pylon during the run (for the most part), and anytime I had to rotate through powers like Oil Slick or Disruption Arrow, all I was doing was holding down alt and hitting 4, (click), 3, 2, (click), 1 (Aim), let go of alt, 2, 3, 1. Honestly a stationary run like a Pylon is kind of boring from my perspective because all I'm doing is rotating both my thumbs between a few buttons within a square inch space, and the alt button.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darkir said:

So after reading this I went to the test server and rolled up a dp/kin corr I was more interested in recharge and aoe than anything else. I figured dp would be good because of the ff recharge proc and all the other procs available while still allowing me to use a fire DOT with swap ammo. I went /kin because I wanted to slot all the procs while still scourging at capped dmg. 

So I found the old video I had. I think I only had Bullet Rain and Hail of Bullets slotted with the FF proc, and there are a few times you'll see where I use them back to back and my recharge never gets the +200% stack. My base recharge is 211.25% (with Hasten and Chrono Shift) and it never goes above 311.25%. @Darkir can you tell us what you did that got you to stack FF procs? Perhaps you can provide us a build or a video?

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

I think I'm finished with a Jack-of-all-Trades Solo Proc Monster with my Time/Dual Pistols/Soul build. It's not optimized for recharge, it's not optimized for single target, it's not optimized for AoE. But I feel confident that I can go into almost any situation and come out on top. I still kept my soft-capped defenses with Power Boost (and I can go above and beyond with Clarion Radial). I still kept hard-capped resistances on Smashing/Lethal damage. I also weaponized everything.

My Suppressive Fire that does about 3 damage at base, now hits on average for 363. I put every damage proc into it and the Build Up proc, which has a 36% chance to fire.

My Distortion Field has major utility as it helps me survive with massive -recharge debuffs, but it also helps keep mobs from running away when I drop my Bullet Rain. Oh yeah, I slotted it with 4 damage procs that can average as much as 257 damage per target for the duration of the patch. It also can hit up to 16 targets.

My Slowed Response can also hit up to 16 targets and does on average 129 damage and has a 90% probability of adding an extra 20% resistance debuff for 10 seconds.

My Soul Drain also was proc'd up with 3 damage procs and a Gaussian Build Up proc. The added proc damage is on average 194. (Author's note, proc'ing Soul Drain for a mini-nuke once per minute may not be optimal, but it's fun for the proc concept. If I tweak this build, it might be to de-proc Soul Drain and to add slots to other powers.

I also tried to beef up my regular attacks. Every attack either has no recharge added or it has 90% probability to proc. I can have full AoE chains with Soul Drain, Hail of Bullets, Bullet Rain, Slowed Response, Distortion Field, and Empty Clips. Empty Clips is an interesting power, as it can take more procs than I can fit. I have my choice between 5 damage procs, 2 -resistance procs, and the FF procs. I settled for the FF proc (it's an AoE, which is optimal) a single -Res, and 4 damage procs. 

For the single target attack chain, I have my beefed up Suppressive Fire and Executioner's Shot provided the majority of the damage, while sprinkling in Piercing Rounds (if I need the -res) and either Bullet Rain, Empty Clips, or Pistols depending on the situation. If my Suppressive Fire procs the Build Up, the next 3 attacks should all get the damage boost.

Anyways, I thought I'd share, and I welcome constructive feedback.  

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2

Demolition Man: Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 1: Pistols -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(7), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(9), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(11), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Empty Clips -- ExpStr-Dam%(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(15), Ann-ResDeb%(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), TchofLadG-%Dam(19), PstBls-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Swap Ammo 
Level 12: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(21), GldArm-End/Res(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 16: Bullet Rain -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), ExpStr-Dam%(25), JvlVll-Dam%(25), Ann-ResDeb%(27), PstBls-Dam%(27), ImpSwf-Dam%(29)
Level 18: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 22: Suppressive Fire -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(23), GldNet-Dam%(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(33), NrnSht-Dam%(33), Dcm-Build%(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- ShlBrk-%Dam(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 28: Executioner's Shot -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dmg(36), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 30: Distortion Field -- GldNet-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), NrnSht-Dam%(39), ImpSwf-Dam%(39)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(39), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Soul Drain -- Obl-%Dam(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), GssSynFr--Build%(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 38: Hail of Bullets -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dam%(43), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(45), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 44: Piercing Rounds -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Ann-ResDeb%(50), ImpSwf-Dam%(50)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Qck-RunSpd(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 10: Chemical Ammunition 
Level 10: Cryo Ammunition 
Level 10: Incendiary Ammunition 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
------------

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

So I went back to the test server and double checked and I am completely mistaken. >_< Between siphon speed, ageless, hasten, and the ff proc I was capping myself. The ff proc does not stack with itself but you can have it up a whole lot of the time with a lot of the attacks in DP. Sorry for misleading you. 

In terms of the aoe dmg potential of DP with all the procs I was a bit disappointed. I can clear my moon map faster on my fire/kin on live, which says to me that the capped dmg fire dot secondary effect is still doing more AOE than the AOE proc'd out DP even with the i24/25 proc changes.

2 minutes ago, Darkir said:

So I went back to the test server and double checked and I am completely mistaken. >_< Between siphon speed, ageless, hasten, and the ff proc I was capping myself. The ff proc does not stack with itself but you can have it up a whole lot of the time with a lot of the attacks in DP. Sorry for misleading you. 

In terms of the aoe dmg potential of DP with all the procs I was a bit disappointed. I can clear my moon map faster on my fire/kin on live, which says to me that the capped dmg fire dot secondary effect is still doing more AOE than the AOE proc'd out DP even with the i24/25 proc changes.

I'm assuming you're talking about a Kin/Fire defender? Yeah, you can build that to farm faster I would imagine, given the higher base damage that comes with Fire Blast (damage boost helps it more than any other Blast set available to defenders) and Kin likely can help you cap your damage and you certainly have all the recharge you need. What is your clear time with your Kin/Fire?

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

I'm assuming you're talking about a Kin/Fire defender? Yeah, you can build that to farm faster I would imagine, given the higher base damage that comes with Fire Blast (damage boost helps it more than any other Blast set available to defenders) and Kin likely can help you cap your damage and you certainly have all the recharge you need. What is your clear time with your Kin/Fire?

I'm talking about corruptors on both the dp/kin I tested and my fire/kin on live. Just double checked and clear time is in the 6.5-7.5 minute range depending, but I'm not solely spec'd for farms right now. I'm currently testing a different version of my kintank for all content and I took rune of protection and mace shield this time to cap s/l/e def with decent all res and capped s/l res (but only when rune of protection is up). So far it works great for all content, but it is slower than the power mastery version on farms because when rune of protection falls for 35-45 seconds I have to heal myself a lot more. That clear time is without any inspirations btw. 

Edit: In general I prefer corruptors for kinetics as both defenders and corruptors can cap team dmg and so you really just get better def and res modifiers on defenders at the cost of base dmg. I can make sacrifices in my build to get more res and def, but I can't do anything to increase my base dmg or replace scourge.

Edited by Darkir
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:26 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

• Oil Slick is a monster ability against a non-moving target. It procs well too, but not the -Res one, only damage based reflected. The ability has three ticks (initial, 10, and 20/s), but all these procs only show up as Pet Damage, so that has to be turned on to see it occur. And interesting effect between Acid and Oil. If I drop Oil Slick, give 1.32 seconds for the game to acknowledge the Slick was down, I could then hit the Pylon with Acid Arrow, which would proc an Energy Damage proc, which came out as an AoE, and would spark Oil Slick every time. Took me a few tries to realize there was a delay in the game's response though, but since Acid is so consistent on proc'ing, all I had to do was give a tick in between and it'd ignite the patch for free usually
  Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Secondary Power Set: Archery
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43)
Level 2: Aimed Shot -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(19)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GldNet-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), NrnSht-Dam%(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(15), GldArm-End/Res(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- PstBls-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(46)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(43), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(5)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 4% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 4% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 6% Defense(Melee)
  • 6% Defense(Smashing)
  • 6% Defense(Lethal)
  • 6% Defense(Fire)
  • 6% Defense(Cold)
  • 11% Defense(Energy)
  • 11% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 12.25% Defense(Ranged)
  • 6% Defense(AoE)
  • 8.55% Max End
  • 93.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 8% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • 106.8 HP (10.5%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -7)
  • Knockup (Mag -7)
  • MezResist(Confused) 30%
  • MezResist(Held) 30%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 30%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 30%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 30%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 30%
  • 11% (0.18 End/sec) Recovery
  • 46% (1.95 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 15% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 15% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 19.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 19.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 8.75% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 8.75% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 15% SpeedRunning

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1474;704;1408;HEX;|
		|78DA6594496F126118C7DF198622B4B4A5955268A1856E9465CA74D1A3A95D0CB53|
		|58D1AAF84D029A015C840A31E3DF80534A6EEDA688C5E3CD8F5EA07F0E676F0E2C1|
		|7872F906F830FF87D2844986DFCCFF7D96FFBB0C2B37E7DBDE9DBB7D4648ED731BE|
		|9723935AFAFEB8535DDB0AEA4B3F98CA85D36BABD753D7576737D5DBD6CE433D752|
		|B38651BCE1391AB9982E64F53575D6C8E474E3962B5920E8858A5A7F70AE168B1BE|
		|A623E9BABE40B5987F976A9A4EB6B1DE6E3B29EA62AE55CBED4567F2F515CDF4229|
		|9F51E78A86B159AA148DD44A3AA3D34FB9423D7AC9D928DDF764C15755081F4153C|
		|4E3866611338AA98D6B60649AB98DD827142B21D62ABDB7989AB2033A76C1B63DE6|
		|3ED875003EA55C0BE75A0E502FBE034EEC32F79987A0765A36799F60E55CEB02EAB|
		|52431D6725D3279224DF4135F838EAB35DD2E641B76A636671BCFF919A5DAB99E3D|
		|813A5D3130A832E3E0B0C68CA1EF16BDB6726EEB2F68C31F48EC56C4D847C48ED7F|
		|DFFC4B8B68B75B49011A7B98055C53981B1F60453033B27C18007F3784E253BD04F|
		|EA880A734E9D6FD1E701C1C563AE20C6C639E645CD12FBECDE47FF9387CC3DD0C73|
		|E7D3FD03378077515F2E9864F8BDB8DF5ED4922A66711EC3D0F8628D6C31E3C51D4|
		|EB653EA4725E3E5B5EEE15637F715EAB38EFD736BDF6B1DFBE04FCF54F32A7C0C14|
		|FA831C87B31F80AB55CE4C10FBFB29FFD06D867807D3FA2FA03EC65E09B6CF68C7C|
		|06635F995FC012A58478FE21AE3764D6B38BA1247309755F52CA08FB1E3985398D4|
		|E32A798D3E0D80C93D7A28B7C87D1478479FFBA498BB2167D23A317692A9F61F53B|
		|6AF49096E0B8047BEC578E7DDF55BA44A4494934295A9332D5A44C3729CB4DCA859|
		|A0247D555E5E89F4248E6A8BDF3E8FBAFFE76D0287B97E2588BBF0D4D9682585BF9|
		|0AE6252F11C714F1E7785E1879FF1A9A24DDC57A295B7C8EE9606AECE83F01BAE3B|
		|F|

I'm curious what you mean by "but not the -Res one" above. Did the -res proc not fire off of oil slick? Was that the Achilles Heal proc or the damage (forgot the set name) proc?

Thanks for your investment in all of this. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:36 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

Traps Build

Traps is something I hope will translate well for use to boost flexibility and give a solid back bone to a Proc Monster focused blast set but I tried pairing it with Water Blast, and that's kind of a tricky set to really maximize. It has a lot of AoE potential, and its ST options are very weirdly bent on trying to make Water Jet do more than it probably should. There are also a ton of questions I have for Traps on what, where, and just how exactly some of these powers work with procs. Specifically Caltrops, Acid Mortar, Trip Mine, Seeker Drones, and Time Bomb. Everyone's always "Time Bomb Sux!" But that thing can take like six damage procs! That's huge! Trip mine is the same way, along with accepting the FF+Rech. Hypothetically speaking, if laying a single Trip Mine procs FF+Rech and reduces it down (based on this build) to 5/s, I can just keep cycling drops one after the other until I hit 45, and that gives me about 25/s to bring a pile into my Trip Patch. Four procs, 45 mines, 12,915 damage... I mean is that practical, no way! BUT IMAGINE! It'd take about 4:00 to set those up (and they have 260 duration, so the top of that chain has ~25-30/s at 45 mines). But if you could walk an AV into nearly 13,000 damage? Have a hidden Acid Mortar and poison trap there too? Just... it would be such joy. But I haven't tested it, so I have no idea how--or if--that has significant value yet.

If and when you do this, I hope you record it.  It would be glorious to watch!

11 hours ago, Bopper said:

I see that you slot little to any Accuracy and assume that you are relying on the +tohit on Farsight.  Do you find that to be enough?  Do you miss more on this than other characters?

I also see that Chrono-Shift is just shy of perma.  I tried +5ing all of the pieces in there and it still came up short and, in fact, only provided minimum improvement.  As you have about a 3 second gap does that cause Hasten to also have a gap?  Chrono is needed for Hasten to be perma, but it may be up long enough that it doesn't make any practical difference.

I'd like to see that character in action, if possible, and compare it to my Cold/Ice defender that is a well slotted set IO build with a few procs but not a proctologist.  I play on Excelsior and am usually on from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Eastern US time.  But I could transfer and possibly rearrange my schedule, especially on a weekend, to conform to yours.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I see that you slot little to any Accuracy and assume that you are relying on the +tohit on Farsight.  Do you find that to be enough?  Do you miss more on this than other characters?

I also see that Chrono-Shift is just shy of perma.  I tried +5ing all of the pieces in there and it still came up short and, in fact, only provided minimum improvement.  As you have about a 3 second gap does that cause Hasten to also have a gap?  Chrono is needed for Hasten to be perma, but it may be up long enough that it doesn't make any practical difference.

I'd like to see that character in action, if possible, and compare it to my time/ice defender that is a well slotted set IO build with a few procs but not a proctologist.  I play on Excelsior and am usually on from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Eastern US time.  But I could transfer and possibly rearrange my schedule, especially on a weekend, to conform to yours.

So, his build certainly could use some more tohit or acc because slowed response is not at the tohit cap (95%) to +3s. For the build, I suggest taking away grant invisibility and hover or grant invisibility and stealth (depends if you want to be able to hover or stealth missions), to replace them with maneuvers and tactics (put one lotg in maneuevers and one cyto hami in tactics). This will get you to 95% tohit  against +3s at the cost of 7.5% recharge. This may not be necessary though, because as long as you use clarion>power boost>farsight all the time, slowed response is at 82.79% to +3s, if you can live with that then don't worry about it. (if the hero designer is lying to me about how much clarion and power build up are boosting farsights to hit though, nevermind)

In terms of chronoshift and hasten not being perma together, all he needs is 1 FF recharge proc to get both perma. This is easily done with the amount of ff recharge procs he has slotted. (or to get hasten truly perma all the time, just use enhancement boosters on the recharge reductions in hasten)

13 hours ago, Bopper said:

For a solo proc monster, why go both PBU and clarion? With both you are way over even the incarnate softcap (not to mention you have time's juncture helping you out). Wouldn't you get a lot more use solo out of dropping soul mastery for dark mastery. This would get you perma soul drain, wouldn't this be more helpful solo? Dark mastery would also get you dark consumption which would help with endurance. At this much recharge I suspect you may find you have some endurance issues. I don't see an alpha selected in the build, are you thinking of going cardiac or musculature or something else?

Edited by Darkir

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'd like to see that character in action, if possible, and compare it to my Cold/Ice defender that is a well slotted set IO build with a few procs but not a proctologist.  I play on Excelsior and am usually on from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Eastern US time.  But I could transfer and possibly rearrange my schedule, especially on a weekend, to conform to yours.

As for my accuracy, it's good. Farsight gives me 12.5% at base, and in theory that is boosted by 178.34%, which is a perma 22.3% ToHit buff. With a base of 75%, that puts me over the 95% max.

As for not being perma...I'm perma. My FF procs so often with Bullet Rain, Hail of Bullets, and Executioner's Shot that I have no issues reaching perma status. If I'm not perma, it's because I'm not doing anything or stealthing, which doesn't require me to be perma anyways.

I also play on Excelsior, my SG is Special Council  (perhaps we're in the same coalition).  My schedule is usually later since I am PST. PM me, and we can work something out.

8 minutes ago, Darkir said:

I don't see an alpha selected in the build, are you thinking of going cardiac or musculature or something else?

It doesn't show my alpha? If not, I am T4 Musculature Radial, and I am using Assault Hybrid Core (but I could consider others). My endurance is not as much of a problem as you'd think (check out my video). Clarion+Power Boost is big for Farsight, sure I'm already defense softcapped, but not for incarnate trials, and I get the extra ToHit buff.

I tested a Dark version, and I didn't like my survivability using only Clarion. I don't drop in a +4/x8 S/L farm with my Soul Build, but I dropped a few times (embarassingly) with my dark build. Soul Drain is the only reason for going Dark, but if I need double the uptime, I can just use red insps.

12 hours ago, Darkir said:

Kinetics doesn't really show off the value of the procs because it doesn't buff their damage. That's why most of the discussion has centered around debuff-centric sets like Dark, Time and Storm.

AE is often more useful for driving Force Feedback procs than being damage augmented. Of the four types of AE damage (Cone, Rain, PBAoE, Target AE), two of those (Cones, Rains) work poorly with damage procs (lack of slots due to range requirements, procs not firing in Rains). If you're building specifically for clearing an AE moon, then you'll probably want almost all of those - and the poor performance of procs on two of them will dilute your impact.

Any build will benefit by understanding the potency of various procs and their relationship to recharge. However, some builds profit so much from the PPM changes that they end up being dramatically more powerful than 'traditional' builds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darkir said:

Edit: In general I prefer corruptors for kinetics as both defenders and corruptors can cap team dmg and so you really just get better def and res modifiers on defenders at the cost of base dmg. I can make sacrifices in my build to get more res and def, but I can't do anything to increase my base dmg or replace scourge.

For Defenders, the whole concept of creating a Proc Monster is circumventing the damage cap limitation, and providing an entirely different form of damage that does more, and can be bent further. There are minor qualms with flipping any of them over to a Corruptor counterpart, but they can be done, and that shift in potential could be potent, but some of these builds are bending that higher debuff value in a way that they'll statistically do better on a Defender since even the Corruptor can't make those procs have more damage than they come with.

14 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

I'm curious what you mean by "but not the -Res one" above. Did the -res proc not fire off of oil slick? Was that the Achilles Heal proc or the damage (forgot the set name) proc?

Oil Slick can take the... Annihilation (I think, off the top of my head, or FotG, whichever I can never remember which is in which set I checked) and Achilles. But no, it never popped, whether off initial drop nor after I lit the patch, and I did repeated individual testing for it. The combat logs will show when the proc itself goes off with a line like "This power has lowered $target's resistances." It's the easiest thing to watch for besides the actual HIT/MISS indicators for some of those things. I did the obvious Pylon tests, but I also tested against spawns of Malta in the RWZ since they're easy to find large packs of within close proximity, and they respawn fairly quickly too. I went spawn to spawn dropping the Slick, and then also dropping and igniting to see if any feedback happened, and that proc itself I never got a notifier back. The damage procs though, I did get those to prompt back regardless of the patch being on fire. It's possible that the probability for the -Res is just really bad in that, but I don't know, I just never got a notifier on the proc in a large group, nor on a Pylon in ST testing.

9 hours ago, Coyote said:

As long as the character stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, it probably doesn't need to be a procticing proctologist.

I read this post while at work and actually laughed out loud. Glad no one noticed.

9 hours ago, Darkir said:

For a solo proc monster, why go both PBU and clarion? With both you are way over even the incarnate softcap (not to mention you have time's juncture helping you out). Wouldn't you get a lot more use solo out of dropping soul mastery for dark mastery. This would get you perma soul drain, wouldn't this be more helpful solo? Dark mastery would also get you dark consumption which would help with endurance. At this much recharge I suspect you may find you have some endurance issues. I don't see an alpha selected in the build, are you thinking of going cardiac or musculature or something else?

I didn't do my testing with Dual Pistols, but when it comes to Time, the PB+Clarion is a really nice combo, and I had actually even forgotten about the Clarion aspect until Bopper pointed it out to me again. By stacking the two together you can massively multiply not just the +Def aspect of Farsight, but also its +To-Hit, which is huge, and why you might see that kind of build slack on the +Acc a little. When I trialed using different Epics I originally looked at Soul for the Soul Drain, but in testing practical ST damage, that ability isn't doing much, so I shifted to other forms of access into PB (specifically PBU which ended up giving me a +Dam boost there too, a little).

Chrono Shift covers endurance for the most part. Period with longer animations like on Hail, it doesn't occur to some that while that thing is firing off its stupid-long animation, you're recovering 3+ EPS. So by the time it finishes that 3-4/s burst, you've recovered everything the power cost you to activate. Since endurance isn't such a huge issue, being picky about the Epic isn't an issue.

And as I think got mentioned, with FF+Rech procs scattered about, any one of those activations easily shortens the the minor gap in the status of Chrono and Hasten. It's a bit of a hack/cheat code for almost having perma-anything.

8 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Any build will benefit by understanding the potency of various procs and their relationship to recharge. However, some builds profit so much from the PPM changes that they end up being dramatically more powerful than 'traditional' builds.

And that is why I made an entire thread dedicated to exploring those unique little Proc Monsters 😄

• Like 3