Beam Rifle ATOs

Midnight Blue Mage

Hi friends,

I'm curious to know how you guys use the Sentinel ATO sets with the Beam Rifle primary; I currently use Sentinel's Ward in Overcharge and Opportunity Strikes in Piercing Beam (with Devastation in Single Shot and Decimation in Lancer Shot), however I am relatively new to the endgame and am wondering if I am perhaps missing something

Also: can you stack Opportunity via procs of Opportunity Strikes?

Thank you :]

Edited by Midnight Blue Mage

I always shove ATO sets in my 2nd and 3rd strongest single-target attacks, Apocalypse in my strongest ST attack, Ragnarok in my strongest TAoE, Posi's in my remaining TAoEs, Armageddon in my strongest PBAoE, and Scirocco or Obliteration in my remaining PBAoEs. This is because the Ranged ST sets are overall really bad both for bonuses and offensive throughput.

Overcharge filling your bar could be from the general BR oddities on AoEs since I have that happen sometimes with a completely different setup. 

• Like 1

Everlasting: American iDoll, Dumbelle, Chernobyl Rose, Caged Cuckoo, Joseon One

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

The Ward set has the best proc in terms of how often it can trigger out of the two sets.  Disintegrate and Refractor Beam are the two powers I'd consider for it.  Disintegrate is my lead in power and the proc has a good chance to trigger.  The power of Disintegrate also has few options for other damage procs to really push output anyway.  Refractor Beam has a lower chance to trigger on a single target, but it will have a chance to trigger for every target hit (up to 10). 

The Strikes proc isn't that great and Beam doesn't have a lot good options for it either.  Disintegrate is 'meh', but the default recharge reduction means it can smooth out your attack chain.  The proc would just be icing on the cake if you're not already planning to put the Ward there for the better chance of additional defense layering.  Lancer Shot is better served with Apocalypse but you could go 5pc Apocalypse + Strikes proc and likely get around a 1 in 4 chance of every Lancer giving an Opportunity burst.  Piercing Beam has around a 15% chance to trigger the proc, but it could make use of the 5pc (all but the proc) to reduce the recharge of the attack and streamline everything. 

I agree with Sunsette that Overcharge is hard to evaluate since it behaves strangely but the recharge reduction in Strikes is better than Ragnarok so there is that.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the responses :]

So what I'm gathering is that there isn't necessarily a super-optimal place for either one in Beam, and it's essentially personal preference/experimentation (which is really awesome, and shouldn't surprise me since that seems to be the pleasant norm in this game). 

I will try some of these suggestions out and see how they fare. Thank you again for the feedback!

Edited by Midnight Blue Mage