Idea: Damaging Debuff IO Sets

Some attacks deal damage, and inflict debuffs. So say you've got a power that primarily deals damage, with a minor defense debuff. You've got two options for which enhancement set you will use, and obviously you're going to increase its damage! Its debuff strength is so low, there's not really much point.

So here's an idea: a "Damaging Debuff" family of IO sets. Enhancements in this set would include Damage, Endurance Reduction, Accuracy, Recharge, and Debuff Strength.

This Debuff Strength bonus acts like an enhancement that universally covers ToHit Debuff, Defense Debuff, and Speed Debuff. Depending on the ratio of the ability's normal dps, to the the overall baseline effectiveness of the ability's debuffs, this enhancement can vary wildly on how much bonus it grants.

Overall, putting 6 slots of a Damaging Debuff set in a power will leave it with less damage than other damage oriented strengths, but if the power has a minor debuff attached, that debuff can potentially become a lot stronger! Inversely, it can be used to significantly increase the damage of a power that's primarily a debuff, while still being able to increase the debuff's strength!

I'm going to have to say no. The point of having damage enhancements and debuff enhancements as separate sets is the opportunity cost: you either want to enhance the debuff or you're going to want to enhance the damage, and that typically will depend on your play style or the set bonuses you want or even archetype you're playing on and there's a reason for this; it's called balance.

Giving us the option to slot a 'one set fills all needs' type of IO would mean that it would have to have a series of set bonuses so tiny as to be useless, or that it would only have half the enhancement totals of the specialized sets to have any semblance of balance to it.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Or it could be a purple set.

Unique could work, but I worry about it becoming the next 'must have this' thing people demand.

Plus it wouldn't work on -res powers at all due to the whole -res/+dam transparency issue, which means entire powersets get excluded from using it.

I could see this working more to the mez/dmg areas with immob and holds...even sleep (if anyone even uses THAT anymore). I would say something like the OP suggested as an addition to the AT sets. Either way, the mez or debuff would see a slight decrease in effectiveness and only a slight amount of dmg (where it applies). Or even a chance for dmg proc that deals big dmg.

1 hour ago, OldSchool SC Fight Club said:

I could see this working more to the mez/dmg areas with immob and holds...even sleep (if anyone even uses THAT anymore). I would say something like the OP suggested as an addition to the AT sets. Either way, the mez or debuff would see a slight decrease in effectiveness and only a slight amount of dmg (where it applies). Or even a chance for dmg proc that deals big dmg.

I'm pretty sure what the topic Creator wanted was a IO set that literally buffs everything about a power damage accuracy endurance recharge and any debuffs on it.