Recipe storage in SG bases

We have every other form of Storage in bases, so why not Recipes?

As to the Triggered poster who didn't want to give up any of his precious Base space for stored items: Now who's hoarding? You bit a guy's head off for a siple QoL suggestion while you sit in your (I'm pretty sure) solo SG base editing all day and HE'S the issue? Yeah...

Yes, I also remember Inf muling and all the headache it caused. Some of the ideas Emmert implemented made me think that he honestly hated the player base. Why make a basic feature so difficult?

Back when you needed Prestige to buy Base stuff having limits made much more sense. Now that we start out with unlimited Prestige, who cares? Design a Recipe rack with a limit of 100 just like all the others and limit it to 1 per base. Problem solved.

• Like 3

• 1 month later
On 9/11/2019 at 8:24 AM, EyeLuvBooks said:

We have every other form of Storage in bases, so why not Recipes?

As to the Triggered poster who didn't want to give up any of his precious Base space for stored items: Now who's hoarding? You bit a guy's head off for a siple QoL suggestion while you sit in your (I'm pretty sure) solo SG base editing all day and HE'S the issue? Yeah...

Yes, I also remember Inf muling and all the headache it caused. Some of the ideas Emmert implemented made me think that he honestly hated the player base. Why make a basic feature so difficult?

Back when you needed Prestige to buy Base stuff having limits made much more sense. Now that we start out with unlimited Prestige, who cares? Design a Recipe rack with a limit of 100 just like all the others and limit it to 1 per base. Problem solved.

I had to create an excel spreadsheet this week that basically tells me where my recipes are stored (on my alts, or in my email). Since I already spec'd out all my alts with hero builder and know what IO's I need, I also added a page that tells me what recipes to sell outright, and which ones I should craft, convert, and resell (or keep). It was quite an undertaking, but recipe management has become a lot easier thanks to that. Maybe it was a 32bit limitation, but now that we're on 64bit, I don't see any reason why recipe storage can't be added.

• Like 1

I used to worry about the storage of recipes (I used the auction house, and email) but after six months of Homecoming play I find I don't really need it. The market place basically takes care of everything you need, and converters allow players to (eventually) get to any pieces that are not on the market.

Initially, I thought I'd want certain IO sets for certain builds. However, it turns out that buying (attuned) is much better for almost every build, excepting the lvl 50 pieces that you want to boost.

Initially, I also considered 'donating' certain recipes to alts to be able to make items to sell on the market. However, sending INF between toons is trivial.

Initially, I considered transferring 'standard' IO recipes to make it cheaper to get crafting badges. INF is so easy to make that it is more trouble than it is worth to avoid just buying the IO recipes at the workbench.

Initially, I thought 'hording' low level recipes was going to save crafting INF (compared to lvl 50 recipes, where the crafting prices take a jump) but practically at level 50 I find I get enough INF from just selling standard IO recipes that it doesn't matter.

I'm sympathetic to the original request, but I have found that lack of recipe storage (other than the Auction House or email) is only an issue if a player has a small number of toons and completely lacks the INF to leverage the market.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:06 PM, MageAgainstTheRegime said:

I had to create an excel spreadsheet this week that basically tells me where my recipes are stored (on my alts, or in my email). Since I already spec'd out all my alts with hero builder and know what IO's I need, I also added a page that tells me what recipes to sell outright, and which ones I should craft, convert, and resell (or keep). It was quite an undertaking, but recipe management has become a lot easier thanks to that. Maybe it was a 32bit limitation, but now that we're on 64bit, I don't see any reason why recipe storage can't be added.

Then I am sure you...or someone you know...will gladly provide the dev team with the needed code for something that apparently is easy to do? The base code is one of the worst entangled messes in this game. So the dev team can spend the immense time and resources on this...or a power set - because frankly they both will take about the same amount of time. Which do you think more people would want? Would I like recipe storage in my base(s) - absolutely... BUT I don't want precious dev time spent on such a feature if it means things like new enhancement sets and powers would (and they would) be put aside to achieve such a thing. 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 6:11 AM, tidge said:

I'm sympathetic to the original request, but I have found that lack of recipe storage (other than the Auction House or email) is only an issue if a player has a small number of toons and completely lacks the INF to leverage the market.

You just described a majority of the players. Believe it or not, most players don't use the Market. They certainly don't want to 'leverage' it. Most players don't like crafting either. Many people just want to play the game. As I said, we can already store everything else. Why not store one rack full of recipes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

You just described a majority of the players. Believe it or not, most players don't use the Market. They certainly don't want to 'leverage' it. Most players don't like crafting either. Many people just want to play the game. As I said, we can already store everything else. Why not store one rack full of recipes?

What is the point of storing recipes if you don't like crafting?  This would be some Horder mentality that is not worth encouraging.

Every player can store recipes in the auction house or email. Every player can access email anywhere in the game.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 9:26 PM, Burnt Toast said:

3. Cool down timers... never existed - so that was a new feature that allowed players to do something they never could before. Same with color coded names... new feature that you couldn't do before. You can already store recipes... it may seem inconvenient to you, but the function already exists. 

Colour coded names "Individual Name Colors" (unless you mean something else) has been in quite a long time, I used it back on live.

14 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

Really.. MOST players don't use the market....? I am sure you will have something aside form your statement and anectdotal "evidence" to back this claim up. I do not know ANYONE who doesn't use the market. Whether it be simply selling all their drops, buying generic IOs, or completely IO'ing their build... everyone I know/chat with uses the market. Saying things like "most people" is hyperbolic to say that least. Maybe "Most people I know..." would be a more accurate statement...and frankly people who NEVER use the market are missing out on a lot of influence just by selling all their drops. 

I would just be happy if they linked the Salvage in the BASE to the recipes. 

All this high tech and magical stuff and we can't have a Super computer to keep inventory of our silver bars and regenerative flesh.

Its like grocery shopping looking through my bins even when color coded by rarity. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, MageAgainstTheRegime said:

Ok, so can we all agree that the storage management for in-game items is limited? Before when players were running only a few alts it was no big deal, but now everyone is running tons of alts, and the only known way to share recipes amongst your alts is by way of email. Plus it doesn't make sense why only salvage can be stored in your base but not recipes, not to mention you can't even run a /ah command to at least grab recipes out of the auction house while you're in your base - I tried and it's not allowed. Yeah, the game's 15 years old, I get that, but under no circumstances should anyone be emailing themselves anything. We're way past the days of Yahoo. 

Um..have you ever heard of crafting? Don't make your alts craft for themselves. Each character can grab the required salvage from the storage within the base, run to the crafting table and create that very recipe for your alt. Stash the IO in the base and your alt can pick it up when convenient. 

So easy! You don't need to send recipes through email. Every day, you should craft the recipes you get. Don't have all the salvage? Check your stock. Still don't have it? Place a bid or wait until you do. Problem solved! 

On 10/18/2019 at 7:29 AM, Ukase said:

Um..have you ever heard of crafting? Don't make your alts craft for themselves. Each character can grab the required salvage from the storage within the base, run to the crafting table and create that very recipe for your alt. Stash the IO in the base and your alt can pick it up when convenient. 

So easy! You don't need to send recipes through email. Every day, you should craft the recipes you get. Don't have all the salvage? Check your stock. Still don't have it? Place a bid or wait until you do. Problem solved! 

What you're saying makes sense, it's just that I don't want to craft every singe recipe I have all at once. I've stocked up on so many recipes due to getting 8 alts all to lvl 50 within 2 months. During that time, I wasn't concerned with crafting because I wasn't sure how I was going to build them out. I started using Pines hero builder, which helped me figure out what path I wanted to go with each one. Now I'm in the process of figuring out which recipes I need, which one's i don't, which ones I can sell, etc etc.

Edited by MageAgainstTheRegime

• 3 years later

Hugs

I do craft, mostly to generate income as opposed to go farming. But I do not quite focus on the crafting as a stand alone effort, I do so slowly and methodically. I choose a number of recipes that has good trade value when crafted, then as I adventure, I pay attention to the salvage drops and store them at the base, I also only store those recipes I have plans to craft at some time.

I typically when I have sufficient recipes and materials to make 20 enhancements, is when I get busy crafting, but only if the market is ripe for me to make them and sell them. As we all should know, the prices of any item in AH fluctuates, so despite that I am ready to go craft, it may be wiser to simply wait till the prices of materials I am missing drops from over-inflated prices, or the enhancement I plan to make is at the moment selling at a low price because there are too many for sale, so the wise thing to do is so simply wait for a better time. As a result the need to store everything I need related to crafting becomes important to me. I would like to store recipes, because since I am a senior citizen with memory issues who can get easily distracted, I have sold cherished recipes by mistake, being able to store them would save me from myself. Using other alts to store, is just as bad, cause eventually I will rotate through my alts and play them, and next thing I know, I sold the recipes on that alt after a mission! It's unkind and tough to be old. AH as storage is ok, but I have to remember which alt has them, I have over 40 alts by now, so that can be challenging for me who has bad memory. I tried writing it down, but I always manage to misplace my notes., it would be so cool, if AH was account wide and not character limited, it would e a great way to store and transfer across alts.

So as a whole, I support a recipe storage bin

Sue