i can't connect with the game

Jiriu

• Retired Game Master

At this point, I don’t know what the problem would be beyond these:

• You’re connected to the wrong WiFi network and you’re actually on a corporate, academic or hospitality network that filters or blocks gaming traffic
  • There is some other security software running on your system that you are overlooking which is preventing the client from connecting 
  • You’re trying to log into a private server other than Homecoming 
Edited by GM Capocollo

Sounds like you may have one of the fun anti virus that has several layers of defense that  can not only block an exe but can also block websites and connections to them.

I would suggest looking over my guide again and recheck the various anti virus guides.  Have had another person have a similar issue and while his anti virus was ignoring the exe's  it was still blocking the game from connecting to the server due to the "real time" blocking they sometimes do, so recheck to make sure your anti virus doesn't have more than one area you can whitelist/add exception/exclusion to as that may be the problem.  To be more clear you may have to add an exception to the game folder AND in another section of your anti virus to make sure it also not blocking the connection to the server.

It annoying as some anti virus have this which is similar to having a firewall so people think they got that all sorted then realize they have a firewall but then kind of have a mini firewall in the anti virus itself.