Best Primary for /Willpower

Planerunner

I could really use some assistance from the Sent community: I'm banging my head against a Rikti pylon trying to figure out what to pair with Will for my new Sent.

Here's the goal: create a solo, ranged, AoE, /Will Sent.

Water is an obvious first primary, but I simply can't make the theme and animations fit. What other ranged AoE primaries would synergize well with /will here?

I was aiming for a type of beam thrower. Someone that uses their hands/arms to throw AoE. Although Water's mechanics are great, the theme just didn't fit. Sonic isn't much better. Energy Blast fits the theme perfectly, but unfortunately, it is one of the weakest primaries for Sent.

Electric is also a possibility.  On my double electric blaster I made the electricity pink.  It does resemble the Arachnos Mu villains. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

My only issue with Rad is 2 of its 4 AoE abilities are PBAOE (Irradiate, Atomic Blast). Still, it may have potential for the theme despite the shorter range. Ice is in a pretty good place right now. It has 3 AOE, but all are ranged. Anyone have experience with an Ice Sent? Anything to watch out for, or builds?

It sounds like you’re maybe wanting a Fire/WP/Fire Sentinel. Fire Blast has two AoEs, Fireball and Rain of Fire, and tends to consistently be amongst the meta sets that deal the most damage. Compared to Water Blast, it’s AoE isn’t quiet as good, but it’s single target damage will hit extremely hard.

Pairing the sets with more fire for the Ancillary is to give access to Fire Cages, which deals decent damage (you can slot it to proc) and immobilizes so they can’t hit you in melee.