Taking screenshots from the character select screen

TungstenShark

When I try this, nothing happens. When I take screenshots in-game, they are saved to the screenshots folder in Tequila. Not so when I try from the character select screen. I tried Print Screen and copying to Paint, but that gets me an entirely black screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

What I do to get around it in Win7 is hit the Windows key twice. Then Print Screen.

The first press brings up a menu and pushes the game to the background and the second

removes the menu but leaves it in the background until you click the game again or hit Alt+Tab.

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I run in fullscreen windowed mode, and it seems like copying the CoH (Alt+Print Screen) screen to the clipboard copies whatever was on the screen when I last tabbed in or selected the CoH screen.  So I was having luck selecting a program on my other monitor, clicking back on CoH when the animation on the character select screen was at a point I wanted to capture, using Alt+Print Screen, then pasting into IrfanView.  I managed to get a set of reference pictures from the power customization screen that way.

You can also use a screenshot app, like the Snipping Tool which comes with Windows.

Edit: Hah, I see Evercent had the same suggestion. I had typed mine out bot forgot to post when detracted by Discord. XD

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 minute ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I reccommend Greenshot, because it's free and it's frickin' AMAZING:

https://getgreenshot.org/

I used to use Snagit at work to create visual guides for testers. Great tool, but not free.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

My default picture viewer is XnView.  Here is how I capture any picture of whatever I want. First, I hit 'Prt Scr' then open XnView. From the dropdown menu I click on 'import Clipboard' and the image appears. From there, I can crop it and use the tools to tweak. Then a quick 'save as' with a name and I am done.

I also use the last FREE version of FastStone Capture (Here's the link for anyone who wants it) GREAT little program.)

Last free version of FastStone capture

Edited by Healix
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

"Freeware" if you can get an old (make sure it's clean) version of the app, but I've been using the PaintShop Pro editor's built-in screenshot function. It works independent of the OS/game and will ALWAYS work so long as you don't bind a power to the same keys (if you did, then you'd get like a billion screenshots at random :p). I've never had an issue with it and it's nice because then I can edit them with a Photoshop like app. ^.^

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

7 hours ago, Healix said:

WanderingAries, I LOVE PaintShop Pro and have used it for years. Great suggestion for those who have it!

Yeah...I've been kinda sorta using it since oh say Beta (Win3-Win95) when it was on floppies and still owned by Jasc. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I got Greenshot for stuff I was helping out with for SEGS, its really pretty awesome, I love the freeze frame it gives you so I can hit print screen at the right point in the animation, but have time to pick my area to capture.