I found a way to make life better for stalkers in groups

KaizenSoze

Maybe this will be obvious to folks. Maybe I am just doing it wrong. I thought this might help a few folks.

Thanks to this forum, my first char on returning to COX was a BS/SD stalker.

The problem was I hated melee in groups. Constantly blocked by other players, pets, mobs. Pushed out of range, all  the familiar issues.

So, I played a lot of alts, but I hated shelving my stalker. Tried other stalkers, same issues. I was playing my baby dom who ended up melee from hover.

Then I realized, my stalker can fight from hover too. Respec'ed into hover/fly and it works! 

Assassin strike works perfectly well in hover.  You can sit on the mobs head and all the attacks work. All the blocking and pushing is gone.

Find the boss or lt, swoop in, kill. Back up find the next target. So, much better, than being on the ground.

I am not high enough to try shield charge, but if works then I will be even happier. If not, I will still want to play my stalker. Melee in groups in now fun!

It could be a problem for some. During live, Lightning Rod couldn't be used while airborne, though Shield Charge could. Not sure if it's been changed. 

I've gotten into the habit of pressing 'follow' whenever a new target is selected. Being pushed doesn't matter as much when your character automatically jockey their way back to position. 

17 minutes ago, StrikerFox said:

I've gotten into the habit of pressing 'follow' whenever a new target is selected.

"targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper$$follow"

Use that as your "Jackie Chan" keybind.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

9 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

It could be a problem for some. During live, Lightning Rod couldn't be used while airborne, though Shield Charge could. Not sure if it's been changed. 

I've gotten into the habit of pressing 'follow' whenever a new target is selected. Being pushed doesn't matter as much when your character automatically jockey their way back to position. 

I have tried that. It helps, but if I try to AS and the mobs moves then I interrupt my own AS. Because I forgot to break the follow. It has happened enough times that I stopped trying to follow.

Happy to concede that I am probably not the best stalker.

9 hours ago, Redlynne said:

"targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper$$follow"

Use that as your "Jackie Chan" keybind.

Thank you. I have been trying to figure out good targeting binds. Usually tabbing is good enough, but this macro is better.

Getting to the darn mob is most of my problem in a crowd. Nothing more frustrating then hitting AS 3x before I realize I am just a little too far away.

My stalker is short, so jumping over mobs tall mobs is also an issue. Hovering solves 90% of these problems. So, I wanted to share.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:15 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I have tried that. It helps, but if I try to AS and the mobs moves then I interrupt my own AS. Because I forgot to break the follow. It has happened enough times that I stopped trying to follow.

Happy to concede that I am probably not the best stalker.

There's your problem, you shouldn't be using AS from hidden in teams, you should be using your heaviest hitting power that can crit, then using AS when AF is charged, you won't have any trouble with jockying for position, and you should be doing more damage faster.

• Like 4